Version 0.16.35

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.35

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed shifting for half-belt drawn as part of loader. (58919)
Modding
  • Added recipe-prototype show_amount_in_title and always_show_products.
Scripting
  • Added Added LuaRecipePrototype::show_amount_in_title and always_show_products read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.35

Post by Deadlock989 »

:) :) :)

Congrats on stable version. Best game ever.

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bman212121 »

I should probably post in here as well. So this will definitely break fluid wagons, and reduce their size. What else is going to be broken from .15 -> .16?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

bman212121 wrote:I should probably post in here as well. So this will definitely break fluid wagons, and reduce their size. What else is going to be broken from .15 -> .16?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54538

... too much.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bman212121 »

Yes stuff has changed, but I'm looking specifically for what will blow up when your game auto updates your .15 map to .16. A lot of those changes might change how the game works, but they won't have a direct effect on a current map. (IE. Resource generation is already done, so that won't change in anything that has already been explored.)

•Transition from terrain to water is no longer buildable, meaning entities can no longer be built partially on the water.

So for the transition, I assume this will change the tiles underneath entities that were built on these tiles to the correct ones? Or will the game eat whatever item was placed on these tiles?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

bman212121 wrote: I'm looking specifically for what will blow up when your game auto updates your .15 map to .16.
The train pathfinder has changed in regards to finding stations with the same name. Terrain generator has changed, so loading old maps will result in strange transitions. VRAM requirement for HD sprites has increased.
If you do not want to update, you can simply choose the 0.15 release as beta in steam.

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Merssedes »

List of some major game changes:
* about water: entities was not able to place on water itself, just water graphics were overlayed on land tiles; now it reversed: tiles overlayed over water, so all entities stay the same place (even water pumps and they will still work), but now it's possible to walk on 0.5-tile wide surfaces; walls extend to nearest water to prevent such things if placed near enough;
* fluid vagons: now single storage with capacity 25k (was 3x25k);
* barrels: now stores 50 fluid (was 250), but fill/empty 5 times faster;
* productivity science pack no longer require AM1;
* changed belt mechanics (some designs no longer work, but splitters now have filtering & priority functions).
I think that's all what can break stuff.
Other changes are more additions and bugfixes.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Best way would be to make a backup of your current save, start in 0.16 and check it.
If you're not happy with it, change back to 0.15.

Sooner or later you must migrate or start a new game.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bman212121 »

steinio wrote:Best way would be to make a backup of your current save, start in 0.16 and check it.
If you're not happy with it, change back to 0.15.

Sooner or later you must migrate or start a new game.
I've pushed a few maps through upgrades before, and it wasn't too bad. The last move broke research, and it completely changed boilers requiring power generation to be reworked. But knowing what to actually look for is super helpful versus wandering around a 40MB map and trying to figure out which parts are no longer working.

Thanks for the heads up guys! I'll know what to look at when I try to make the jump.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bman212121 wrote: But knowing what to actually look for is super helpful versus wandering around a 40MB map and trying to figure out which parts are no longer working.

Thanks for the heads up guys! I'll know what to look at when I try to make the jump.
My map is actually from a 0.9.8 game. I wonder around my 100MB+ map all the time and find things that arn't working.

But a lot of this is self inflicted because of changes in my mods. 0.9 to 0.16 is a long way time to keep the same map.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

bman212121 wrote:So for the transition, I assume this will change the tiles underneath entities that were built on these tiles to the correct ones? Or will the game eat whatever item was placed on these tiles?
No. The transition tile used to be barely covered by land making it look like entities are built in the water.
In 0.16 the transition happens on the water tile, where you can't build.
Tiles that are free for building stay the same, they are just 100% land plus a bit of land on the water tile.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

JimBarracus wrote:
bman212121 wrote:So for the transition, I assume this will change the tiles underneath entities that were built on these tiles to the correct ones? Or will the game eat whatever item was placed on these tiles?
No. The transition tile used to be barely covered by land making it look like entities are built in the water.
In 0.16 the transition happens on the water tile, where you can't build.
Tiles that are free for building stay the same, they are just 100% land plus a bit of land on the water tile.
Also see FFF 199
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Releases”