Version 0.16.30

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.30

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Filters no longer disappear when inventory is downsized. (58565)
  • Fixed free floating sprites would get corrupted on window resize with DirectX renderer when Low VRAM Mode was disabled. (58633)
  • Fixed a crash related to resetting technology effects while a research was in progress/just finished.
Scripting
  • Made it possible for the LuaFrame::align and LuaFrame::vertical_align to have effect on the align of the inner container.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.30

Post by Tekky »

Ah, FactorioBot is back. Nice! :)

I'm not saying that posila was doing a bad job posting release changelogs, but I still prefer FactorioBot. ;)

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ethernal »

Just curious, what was the reason to publish 16.30 so quickly, none of these bugs seem critical (annoying maybe, but not critical). I am not saying it's wrong we all love bugfixes and features as well as admire your work. I am usually curious about the "Why" of things.

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

ethernal wrote:Just curious, what was the reason to publish 16.30 so quickly, none of these bugs seem critical (annoying maybe, but not critical). I am not saying it's wrong we all love bugfixes and features as well as admire your work. I am usually curious about the "Why" of things.
I think this one : 58633 introduced in previous version is quite penible to play with...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

•Fixed a crash related to resetting technology effects while a research was in progress/just finished.
Rseding: Bob, do you do X in your mod?
Me: Yes, why?
Rseding: I'm getting a lot of crash logs with your mods listed.

It's not that I was doing anything wrong, but, was a big issue for anyone using my mods, which, lets face it, is most people who play with mods.

But I'd say the main reason why this was pushed so fast is because of the graphics issue.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

ethernal wrote:Just curious, what was the reason to publish 16.30 so quickly, none of these bugs seem critical (annoying maybe, but not critical). I am not saying it's wrong we all love bugfixes and features as well as admire your work. I am usually curious about the "Why" of things.
The graphical issue was pretty bad. Seeing how just small percentage of people report issues and bug report forum started to be flooded by this particular issue, we wanted to push the fix out asap.
Also removal of "pushable" flag caused errors for lot of mods, so made the flag not to cause an error (it's not mentioned in the changelog as its removal wasn't mentioned either). And we got huge spike of crashes caused by reset technology effects, so I am happy we were able to fix it quickly too.

DMFan79
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DMFan79 »

Also, 0.16 hasn't been released yet, so it's quite normal that fixes are deployed frequently. We are some kind of test factory 8-)

warzouz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by warzouz »

Hmm, then 16.30 crash while updating. Now I've to reinstall all the game :/

The-Killer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by The-Killer »

Dunno what in this update did it, but really improved FPS at high zoom out levels.

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ethernal »

Thanks everyone, and yeah the CG bug seems to be very bad, did not see that and I do keep up with releases and bug reports (upgraded to 0.16 as soon as it was out and never missed a minor version. Sometimes I wasn't able to install it after DL as new one was out already but yeah.. :-) the devs here are amazing, and know the codebase well.

BTW. since you have lately run out of topics is it possible to explain better how factorio works behind the scenes? It may have been talked about in some old FFF, but I am quite amazed and curious (Again) how all that data is processed behind the GUI (belts, measurements, splitters, fluids etc.) it's a lot of data every frame. Hardware is fast but where are the limits? How far can you push Factorio?

Return to “Releases”