Version 0.16.28

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.28

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • Added a simple recipe price calculator to PvP production score.
  • Item number in quickbar now shows over the "hand" when part of the stack is picked up. (58403)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed drawing endings of transport belts entering underground belt sideways. (57939)
  • Fixed a bug with pumps not activating sometimes. (58082)
  • Fixed roboport connections would be missing in some cases. (58238)
  • Fixed that biters in groups had too low tolerance for getting stuck. (58306)
  • Fixed that you could set accumulator energy below 0. (57619)
  • Fixed a crash in rail pathing when deleting signals. (58133)
  • Fixed a crash when creating beam entities through script. (58316)
  • Fixed old boilers in New Hope level 4. (58066)
  • Fixed that changing the values in new game gui could move other gui elements. (57414)
  • Changed order of drawing, so if sprite button uses caption, its text is over the picture. (57888)
  • Fixed that the wire connection distance visualization didn't match the actual distance limits. (58340)
  • Fixed a crash when trains are destroyed while the trains GUI is open. (58356)
  • Fixed train stop indicators wouldn't render with larger blueprints. (58326)
  • Fixed mod changing chest collision box could break PvP starting chest accessibility. (58360)
  • Fixed that the Map editor wouldn't clear the cursor when the tool changes. (58303)
  • Fixed a crash when destroying rails with trains on them. (58380)
  • Fixed a crash when joining Steam games through the Steam interface.
  • Fixed a crash related to adding equipment grid support to armor in existing games.
  • Fixed several crashes related to GUI logic.
  • Fixed a crash when loading pre 0.16 saves when in a vehicle as a god controller.
  • Fixed a crash when teleporting offline players between surfaces.
  • Fixed non-stackable items wouldn't enforce they aren't stackable.
  • Fixed a crash when changing runtime mod settings while someone is joining a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a crash when a character or spawner dies in the map editor.
  • Fixed a crash when hovering over blueprint book item in the map editor.
  • Fixed a crash when right-clicking a blueprint to open it for editing in the map editor.
  • Fixed a crash when putting blueprints into blueprint books in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a crash when importing some blueprint strings.
Scripting
  • Added has_hidden_tile and collision_mask flags to LuaSurface::find_tiles_filtered and LuaSurface::count_tiles_filtered.
  • Added LuaSurface::set_hidden_tile().
  • Added LuaGuiElement::ignored_by_interaction which prevents the elements from stealing mouse interaction with the parent elements. (58127)
  • Added LuaSpriteButton::number which allows the number to be rendered in the standard way in the right-bottom corner of the sprite button.
  • Added LuaSpriteButton::show_percent_for_small_numbers which, when set to true, forces the number to be shown as percent when smaller than 1.
Modding
  • Added ItemPrototype::fuel_emissions_multiplier which scales pollution generated when the fuel item is used.
  • Added FluidPrototype::emissions_multiplier which scales pollution generated when when the fluid is consumed.
  • Added RecipePrototype::emissions_multiplier which scales pollution generated by the entity using this recipe.
  • Added support to set scroll_pane_style horizontal_scroll_bar_style and vertical_scroll_bar_style.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.28

Post by ThaPear »

More fixes, nice!

milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by milo christiansen »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Fixed roboport connections would be missing in some cases. (58238)
Once wasn't enough? :P

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

milo christiansen wrote:
Once wasn't enough? :P
I was just thinking of opening a bug report in the FactorioBot release post script :P

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Any ideas on how far is the "final" 0.16 ? (aka. if lots of things are still in the pipe, i don't ask for a time)

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Nice :) I admit that auto-crash-reporter seems to work great.

QGamer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by QGamer »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Added ItemPrototype::fuel_emissions_multiplier which scales pollution generated when the fuel item is used.
  • Added FluidPrototype::emissions_multiplier which scales pollution generated when when the fluid is consumed.
  • Added RecipePrototype::emissions_multiplier which scales pollution generated by the entity using this recipe.
Are these going to be used in any base-game features or are they for modding only? (Just curious...)
And will the tooltip for the item/fluid/recipe show that pollution scales for it, or will this information be hidden from the player?
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

QGamer wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
Are these going to be used in any base-game features or are they for modding only? (Just curious...)
And will the tooltip for the item/fluid/recipe show that pollution scales for it, or will this information be hidden from the player?
This looks like the stuff bob is working on for his mods...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

HOSH wrote:
QGamer wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
This looks like the stuff bob is working on for his mods...
I made this addition. So it's unlikely the base game will make use of it... though since it is there, you might see one of the devs use it on something in base.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Trblz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trblz »

I noticed a minor bug with the blueprint component engine. After I created a blueprint and saved it , it no longer shows any components.

to reproduce:

create a new blueprint with at least 1 component in it
save blueprint into player blueprint book
open that blueprint - components are not listed (example: fact2.png)
pics
My Mod list: Necormant co-author

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

FactorioBot wrote:Minor Features
  • Fixed a crash when joining Steam games through the Steam interface.
  • Fixed a crash related to adding equipment grid support to armor in existing games.
  • Fixed several crashes related to GUI logic.
  • Fixed a crash when loading pre 0.16 saves when in a vehicle as a god controller.
  • Fixed a crash when teleporting offline players between surfaces.
  • Fixed non-stackable items wouldn't enforce they aren't stackable.
  • Fixed a crash when changing runtime mod settings while someone is joining a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a crash when a character or spawner dies in the map editor.
  • Fixed a crash when hovering over blueprint book item in the map editor.
  • Fixed a crash when right-clicking a blueprint to open it for editing in the map editor.
  • Fixed a crash when putting blueprints into blueprint books in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a crash when importing some blueprint strings.
More fixes, good stuff. Are the above all fixes done through the auto crash uploading? If so, it would seem to be paying off big time already!
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

FactorioBot wrote:
This doesn't seem to be working...

Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

FactorioBot wrote: Modding
  • Added support to set scroll_pane_style horizontal_scroll_bar_style and vertical_scroll_bar_style.
Best stuff is the stuff you don't expect :D.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Schmendrick wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
It is a data prototype defined property, but hasn't been added to the runtime prototype API yet

tarou00
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tarou00 »

Number of crashes that were fixed without being previously reported in a bug is impressive.

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

tarou00 wrote:Number of crashes that were fixed without being previously reported in a bug is impressive.
I might start to believe in automated crash reports...

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Matthias_Wlkp wrote:
tarou00 wrote:Number of crashes that were fixed without being previously reported in a bug is impressive.
I might start to believe in automated crash reports...
If we had that in 0.1, the game would been final 2 years ago.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

Klonan wrote:
Schmendrick wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
It is a data prototype defined property, but hasn't been added to the runtime prototype API yet
Ah. Would be good to add that, then... I wasn't sure if the Lua prototype definition's name was the same, so I wasn't sure if my modifications were being used or not. I did verify this just now with experiments and debug info, but that shouldn't be necessary. :D
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

Dave64738
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dave64738 »

All those crashes!
Sounds like you're focussing on getting code out there too quickly and not taking the time for defensive programming. Users HATE HATE HATE crashes but can live with a slightly longer release cycle.
Handle those exceptions; fill in those default: sections and use else! Initialise pointers and zero them after freeing them, then you get an immediate segfault when you try to reuse them instead of something that "works" but kicks you up the arse some weeks/months later.

Oh, and yes as you ask, I am available and looking for software development work. Don't want to relocate though; I'd work remotely from the UK, occasional visits to the office only :-) 12 years exp with C, C++, C#, assembly, GUI design and all sorts of other stuff. Working on Factorio would be a nice change from boring business applications.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Dave64738 wrote:All those crashes!
Sounds like you're focussing on getting code out there too quickly and not taking the time for defensive programming. Users HATE HATE HATE crashes but can live with a slightly longer release cycle.
Handle those exceptions; fill in those default: sections and use else! Initialise pointers and zero them after freeing them, then you get an immediate segfault when you try to reuse them instead of something that "works" but kicks you up the arse some weeks/months later.

Oh, and yes as you ask, I am available and looking for software development work. Don't want to relocate though; I'd work remotely from the UK, occasional visits to the office only :-) 12 years exp with C, C++, C#, assembly, GUI design and all sorts of other stuff. Working on Factorio would be a nice change from boring business applications.
I use the same defensive type of programming. I even promote 'simple' structs to classes with constructors, destructors, copy constructors and move constructors by default. Also, most classes have a special 'ShowDebugState' function that shows the run-time state of an object.
Further, every function (except for inlined functions) have exception handling that shows the error and then logs it to a log file in the directory (if the user has rights to write to the disk).
Lastly, error logs and debug logs are automatically uploaded about once a day to a server. That way I can check whether users are crashing or going very slow without reporting it back to me.

Return to “Releases”