Version 0.16.26

Information about releases and roadmap.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.26

Post by eradicator »

@posila/darq:
Still can't get it to work. I tried will all sorts of input boxes (console, train station, blueprint name, inventory search, save game name) and the ime status just stays in that "no input" mode all the time, so there's nothing i could click on to change it. Fullscreen/windowed doesn't seem to make a difference. Anything else i can try? Does Factorios active interface language affect this somehow?

W8, MS IME, with "Use a different layout per application" disabled, 0.16.26 x64 zip version.

Grimreaperx7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Grimreaperx7 »

I noticed that when I updated to 0.16.26, I lose all my inventory on death in multiplayer and single player except for 1 item. Is that a feature or bug? I just wanted to ask instead of filing out a bug report to see if it was intended or not. Also I went into exp 0.16.25 to test it and in 0.16.25 I can recover all of my items in multiplayer and single player.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Grimreaperx7 wrote:I noticed that when I updated to 0.16.26, I lose all my inventory on death in multiplayer and single player except for 1 item. Is that a feature or bug? I just wanted to ask instead of filing out a bug report to see if it was intended or not. Also I went into exp 0.16.25 to test it and in 0.16.25 I can recover all of my items in multiplayer and single player.
It's already fixed for 0.16.27 ;)
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

What's "Modern concrete"? Were some textures added?
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Haven't you forgotten about showing exact yield in huge rocks and sandy rocks tooltip in this changelog ? Or has it changed like a year ago and I noticed just now ? :)

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

there is a new concrete texture in the files, still not the type of concrete I would associate with a factory floor. It is still quite visually noisy and roughly installed, but a step above the jagged pavers we have now.

---X-Ray---
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ---X-Ray--- »

Please tell me, is it possible to fix this fix from 0.16.23 => [*] Fixed that MODDED beacons would ignore the allowed effects on an entity. (57376).
And then many interesting fashion, have not become playable, since their buildings do not operate beacons, and therefore have to sit on version 0.16.22

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

---X-Ray--- wrote:Please tell me, is it possible to fix this fix from 0.16.23 => [*] Fixed that MODDED beacons would ignore the allowed effects on an entity. (57376).
And then many interesting fashion, have not become playable, since their buildings do not operate beacons, and therefore have to sit on version 0.16.22
Why are you complaining about a bugfix?

Beacons were only supposed to affect a building if the broadcast effects were allowed. If you broadcast productivity from a modded beacon onto a factory that can't be affected by productivity, it shouldn't get a productivity bonus!
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

bobingabout wrote:
---X-Ray--- wrote:Please tell me, is it possible to fix this fix from 0.16.23 => [*] Fixed that MODDED beacons would ignore the allowed effects on an entity. (57376).

Beacons were only supposed to affect a building if the broadcast effects were allowed. If you broadcast productivity from a modded beacon onto a factory that can't be affected by productivity, it shouldn't get a productivity bonus!
It's easy to "fix" though by just making a mod that properly allows the desired effects on all the recipes...

---X-Ray---
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ---X-Ray--- »

by eradicator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm

bobingabout wrote:
---X-Ray--- wrote:
Please tell me, is it possible to fix this fix from 0.16.23 => [*] Fixed that MODDED beacons would ignore the allowed effects on an entity. (57376).

It's easy to "fix" though by just making a mod that properly allows the desired effects on all the recipes...
It's easy for developers, it's easy for those who are involved in scripting, and still need this time. I have nothing of the above described. And English is not my language I use translators. Because I'm sitting on the old version of the factory, and I'm trying to complain, maybe someone has the same problems, and there may be someone who can help in solving this problem.
And there will be an opportunity to play new versions with your favorite mods, with old beacon effects that are distributed to buildings realized by other modes.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

---X-Ray--- wrote: It's easy for developers, it's easy for those who are involved in scripting, and still need this time. I have nothing of the above described. And English is not my language I use translators. Because I'm sitting on the old version of the factory, and I'm trying to complain, maybe someone has the same problems, and there may be someone who can help in solving this problem.
And there will be an opportunity to play new versions with your favorite mods, with old beacon effects that are distributed to buildings realized by other modes.
You can ask for a mod here: viewforum.php?f=33, but asking to keep a bug in the game because your base depends on it is not a reasonable request, if you need that constancy you should stick to the stable version.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

---X-Ray--- wrote:It's easy for developers, it's easy for those who are involved in scripting, and still need this time. I have nothing of the above described. And English is not my language I use translators. Because I'm sitting on the old version of the factory, and I'm trying to complain, maybe someone has the same problems, and there may be someone who can help in solving this problem.
Here's the code to remove all limitations on module usage:

Code: Select all

for _,m in pairs(data.raw.module) do
  m.limitation = nil
  end
for _,b in pairs(data.raw.beacon) do
  b.allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "pollution","productivity"}
  end
You'll just have to figure out how to save that into a text file called data-final-fixes.lua and how to package that into a basic mod. It's easier than you think ;)

---X-Ray---
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ---X-Ray--- »

Here's the code to remove all limitations on module usage:
CODE: SELECT ALL
m.limitation = nil
end
for _,b in pairs(data.raw.beacon) do
b.allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "pollution","productivity"}
end
You'll just have to figure out how to save that into a text file called data-final-fixes.lua and how to package that into a basic mod. It's easier than you think ;)
very similar in fashion, but not working - beacon_fix_0.16.23.zip .
changed its code to yours, unfortunately no shifts occurred, the beacons did not work with the StrangeMatter_0.1.12 mod. from the version of the factory 0.16.23 and higher

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Hm. The limitation might be on the assembler, try:

Code: Select all

m.limitation = nil
  end
for _,group in pairs{data.raw.beacon,data.raw.furnace,data.raw['assembling-machine']} do
  for _,machine in pairs(group) do
    machine.allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "pollution","productivity"}
    end
  end
If you need any more help please make a new thread in the forum Löwchen suggested. This is pretty far off topic ;).

Return to “Releases”