Version 0.16.21

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.21

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • Added support to load save files directly in the map editor.
  • Added "Save and play" button to map editor, to allow quick iteration.
  • Added levels in campaigns to level editor "open" menu.
Changes
  • Requesters requesting from buffer chests (which includes players) have higher priority than other requesters.
  • Player death messages will be printed to all forces they are friends with.
  • Player death messages include the player tag.
Gui
  • The left/right switch used in locomotive and splitter can be also switched by clicking the label buttons.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed teleporting pumps would crash the game. (57150)
  • Fixed dragging in the map preview and technology GUI didn't work correctly. (57202)
  • Fixed walls wouldn't connect correctly when built through script in some cases. (57212)
  • Fixed that the equipment grid was too small when using extra-low graphics quality. (56913)
  • Fixed inserters could get stuck trying to pick up items off the ground in some cases. (57244)
  • Fixed issues related to splitter priorities. (56968)
  • Fixed that the "recursive technology prerequisites detected" error message wouldn't print the dependency cycle properly. (57204)
  • Fixed (and hopefully generally improved) the splitter GUI so invalid states are not possible. (56926)
  • Fixed that biters would not be able to path find close to cliffs. (56811)
  • Fixed mod control settings would be wiped out when game entered minimal mod due to mod error on start up. (51488)
  • Fixed that the tips-and-tricks GUI would open when running a replay. (57300)
  • Fixed that the blueprint setup GUI wouldn't show in some situations. (57293)
  • Fixed that the asynchronous saving process could freeze in headless mode. (56823)
  • Fixed crash in PvP when distance between starting areas was too low. (57215)
  • Fixed small locale error in resource entity info. (56930)
  • Fixed crash when player deletes blueprint book from their library while other player has the book opened. (56288)
  • Fixed that custom scroll panes didn't respect vertical scroll policy correctly. (57309)
  • Fixed a crash in the technology GUI when using LuaForce::disable_all_prototypes(). (57066)
  • Adjusted collision boxes of decals to reduce chance a decal will be generated in position colliding with water. (54781)
  • Fixed that the recipe tooltip "made in" wouldn't show every possible machine when there was a lot of them. (57318)
  • Fixed ghost of lamp would not connect to logistic network when revived. (56413)
  • Fixed that the command line --map2scenario option wouldn't convert scenario-created saves correctly. (56523)
  • Fixed handling of mouse bindings in map view. (57201)
  • Fixed that you could get stuck after using cliff explosives. (57339)
  • Fixed biters getting stuck next to a wall in some situations. (57334)
Modding
  • Added optional create_ghost_on_death for entities with health that normally make ghosts on dying.
  • Added optional always_show_made_in to recipe prototypes.
Scripting
  • Added last_research to the on_research_started event.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::energy_per_hit_point read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::create_ghost_on_death read.
  • Added CustomMinimap GUI element type.
  • Added CustomEntityPreview GUI element type.
  • Added LuaInventory::sort_and_merge().
  • Added an optional "invert" option to LuaSurface::find/count entities filtered.
  • Added LuaForce::enable_all_prototypes().
  • Added LuaRecipePrototype::always_show_made_in read.
  • Added LuaControl::get_main_inventory().
  • Added LuaGuiElement::column_count read.
  • Changed util.merge to always deepcopy nested tables. (57169)
  • Changed events so they won't fire until every mod has had on_init ran.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 0.16.21

Post by Kayanor »

Damn I was away so I didn't get the translation notification in time. :x

EDIT: Nevermind, the translations were added 4 minutes before they got pulled.
Former moderator.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote:Minor Features
  • Added "Save and play" button to map editor, to allow quick iteration.
Wow..

That's gonna speed things up...! (Now for real.)
Last edited by Gergely on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by milo christiansen »

I hope the map editor changes mean someone is working on new campaign missions...

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

FactorioBot wrote: Added LuaInventory::sort_and_merge().
I think this just made ~90% of my mod's code obsolete.
Not complaining tho, it's surely going to work much better.

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mp0011 »

Please add shortcut for locomotive switch. I want to enter, press "M", drive manually somewhere, then press "A" and drive in Automatic mode...

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

mp0011 wrote:Please add shortcut for locomotive switch. I want to enter, press "M", drive manually somewhere, then press "A" and drive in Automatic mode...
For the time being: There's a Mod for That™

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

Requesters requesting from buffer chests (which includes players) have higher priority than other requesters.
Woo! No more situations where my rockets completely stop because my only rocket control assemblers are requesting from buffers and get starved for blue chips. Thanks!

Biker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biker »

Getting much slower startup times with 16.21 [modded with angels, bobs, omnimatter, shinymods, and others].
Edit - Reverting to 16.20 (with same mods enabled), restores startup times according to one of discord members....

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

FactorioBot wrote: Scripting
Yay! Thanks Rsed. 8-)

Two things though:
A) (Minor) When putting the preview into a frame and manually setting the size to something too large for the frame to hold it leaks out of the frame instead of being "cut off" like other gui elements.
B) Would i be correct in assuming that the corresponding style prototype is type = "entity_button_style"? (I.e. for presetting size, etc)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

FactorioBot wrote:Minor Features
  • Added support to load save files directly in the map editor.
I must thank you a great deal for this.

Now I'm able to load up any and all past saved games regardless of version without any mod conflict errors I'm often plagued with by being so outdated. This has allowed me to look back on all my past designs and screencapture them for future reference material, given all my personal blueprints weren't successfully carried over due to an old blueprint bug which wasted many hours of design work.

The ability to convert these saves has saved me a lot of time redesigning what I lost and so I am very appreciative of this addition to the game. I even got to revist my old 0.13 save and see the spaghetti disaster of my first playthrough which was quite nostalgic in a funny sort of way.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

FactorioBot wrote:Scripting
  • Added CustomMinimap GUI element type.
It would be interesting to have the possibility to make graph with gui api (like production and electric network information), it could be used for storage statistics, market price evolution, combinator signal graphs ...

It would also be interesting to be able to register windows (not only that thing in the center of the screen) that is movable if needed.

And additionnaly having standard keys sending a key events.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

y.petremann wrote: It would also be interesting to be able to register windows (not only that thing in the center of the screen) that is movable if needed.
I'd love to just have a per-mod "center" gui hook that worked like any vanilla window. I.e. can be moved/stacked on top of other windows and relives me of having to care for other mods windows...
y.petremann wrote:And additionnaly having standard keys sending a key events.
I think Rsed mentioned somewhere that doing this would cause too much network traffic. Ofc you could fake it by registering lots of custom hotkeys, but what do you actually need that for?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

eradicator wrote:
y.petremann wrote: It would also be interesting to be able to register windows (not only that thing in the center of the screen) that is movable if needed.
I'd love to just have a per-mod "center" gui hook that worked like any vanilla window. I.e. can be moved/stacked on top of other windows and relives me of having to care for other mods windows...
y.petremann wrote:And additionnaly having standard keys sending a key events.
I think Rsed mentioned somewhere that doing this would cause too much network traffic. Ofc you could fake it by registering lots of custom hotkeys, but what do you actually need that for?
Mainly because some mods uses the rotate key or close window key and having mods re-registering already existing keys make it a pain, maybe having mods being able to say from prototype that they need to have an event based on registered key or to have their configuration follow standard key unless it's modified.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

y.petremann wrote: Mainly because some mods uses the rotate key or close window key and having mods re-registering already existing keys make it a pain, maybe having mods being able to say from prototype that they need to have an event based on registered key or to have their configuration follow standard key unless it's modified.
So... this? https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Cus ... me_control
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

mp0011 wrote:Please add shortcut for locomotive switch. I want to enter, press "M", drive manually somewhere, then press "A" and drive in Automatic mode...
+1
Supercheese wrote:For the time being: There's a Mod for That™
+math.pi

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

What key are you using for turning left while driving manually? Just curious.

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FactorioParadox »

Left/right switch in locomotives?

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Bilka wrote:
y.petremann wrote: Mainly because some mods uses the rotate key or close window key and having mods re-registering already existing keys make it a pain, maybe having mods being able to say from prototype that they need to have an event based on registered key or to have their configuration follow standard key unless it's modified.
I looked a lot of mods code and didn't know it existed because I didn't found that in their code, but woah ... developers thought of that ...

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

y.petremann wrote:
Bilka wrote:
I looked a lot of mods code and didn't know it existed because I didn't found that in their code, but woah ... developers thought of that ...
Actually i thought of that :P

Return to “Releases”