Version 0.16.18

Information about releases and roadmap.
cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.18

Post by cpy »

Stacks on belts yay! Can you make some wooden/iron/steel box/crate icon for stacked items on belt?

If you need boxes or crates to box item with stack inserter why not deliver it with elevated pole delivery system? Like production line have.
Imagine supplying some minor transport items with those poles like in production line game? It would go directly to inserter, would work like limited transport elevated belts.
Click me

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

ive ran belt loader mods for a long time now, and they are fine and balanced in different ways. early on they are less relevant, but by the time bots show up, they are what allows a belt system to remain competitive. the fact they need 3 spaces to work (2 for the loader then at least 1 more for something to feed it) is in itself a challenge to work around from time to time.

nielskool
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nielskool »

Not sure whether loaders should be added or not, but if they are it could be done through a module which needs to be inserted which enables a loader input or something.

Loaders only applicable to some factory's.
Or
Loaders only useable for palletizing machines which makes them ready for transport and a dedicated machine for palletizing an depalletize which automaticaly palletize/depalletize given resource.
Pallets can not be taken by bots.

Pallets take up a larger area on the belt but only as a single entity which requires less cpu power.
This game rocks! First game I bought in 10 years or so.
Always try games first through torrents.... but this game is one of the first i deemed worthy to buy!

Gleek117
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gleek117 »

Would love to see loaders added back! I don’t care if it requires 200 gears as long as it is a choice.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

Somethings weird about this update...

I had huge performance problems due to biters/artillery, etc, on my save. Had to regularly killall the biters just to get back from <10 ups to 40.

Since this last update I've been floating happily around the 30's. Statistics of biter kills seems steady so something good happened here.

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Merssedes »

Rakshasa wrote:Since this last update I've been floating happily around the 30's. Statistics of biter kills seems steady so something good happened here.
I think it's because of
0.16.17 update wrote:Fixed that the game could create many enemy unit groups resulting in poor performance. (56683)

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Fixed a crash related to biters. (56932)
Damn bugs! Always causing...bugs. :)

Return to “Releases”