Version 0.16.17

Information about releases and roadmap.
malderan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.17

Post by malderan »

Where do we send bug reports to? I posted my log and save game - but the post was rejected as off topic :|

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

malderan wrote:Where do we send bug reports to? I posted my log and save game - but the post was rejected as off topic :|
Here: viewforum.php?f=7, but make sure it has not been reported already please.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

You filed it in the right place. However that bug has already been reported (by about 100 different people) and Rseding has already fixed it for 0.16.18.

malderan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by malderan »

Zavian wrote:You filed it in the right place. However that bug has already been reported (by about 100 different people) and Rseding has already fixed it for 0.16.18.
/facepalm ... i tried to help ;)

Uggeli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Uggeli »

Circuit controlled splitters next?

Kirito
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kirito »

Zavian wrote:You filed it in the right place. However that bug has already been reported (by about 100 different people) and Rseding has already fixed it for 0.16.18.
when is it coming out so i can play the game again i cant even play at all right now
Last edited by Kirito on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cyan_Leader
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyan_Leader »

I believe that a pre-requisite tech definitely needs to be added. This update pretty much made filter inserters obsolete before you even unlock them.

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

I would instead argue that filter inserters should be removed to begin with and instead the technology unlocks filtering for all the other inserters.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

In viewtopic.php?f=30&p=337198#p337191 Rseding says
This is now fixed for the next version of 0.16 which will likely be out tomorrow to address this issue.

Regarding a tech for splitter filtering I agree. One possibility is making splitter filters (or even the gui itself) unlock with red belts.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I think splitters should gain their filtering abilities with Circuit network technology. I know it's early in the research tree, but it would totally make sense.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Caine
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Caine »

Cyan_Leader wrote:I believe that a pre-requisite tech definitely needs to be added. This update pretty much made filter inserters obsolete before you even unlock them.
Not entirely. They still have their use in e.g. train smelting setups and similar contraptions.

cdnr1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cdnr1 »

the game wont start on linux on ubuntu 17:10

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Koub wrote:I think splitters should gain their filtering abilities with Circuit network technology. I know it's early in the research tree, but it would totally make sense.
I think this should be a separate technology and should apply to both splitters and inserters enabling this functionality on all existing items effectively removing filter inserters as a separate entity.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

loving the new splitters guys. also the ability to walk by substations, and chemical plants is nice.
illmaren wrote:
Philip017 wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Added filter to splitter.
[*]Added input and output priority to splitter.
now we just need a balanced input, forcing left and right lane to be balanced. doesn't matter if left lane is being drawn from more than the right lane, the input left/right side will always be balanced.
The attachment balanced.jpg is no longer available
Meh this design is shit...use this here, does the same:
The attachment screenshot.png is no longer available
that one uses 2 more splitters though.

these are the rebalancers i use.

if you don't use the bendy bit at the end it works great for balanced 'side loading'. works as 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 rebalancer.
*note items will get stuck on parts shown in construction concrete. OCD users can pre load that area with gravel/wood etc.
2to1.underground.png
2to1.underground.png (29.9 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
if items getting stuck really bothers you there is Jackalope's rebalancer design.
doubles as a 2 to 1 balancer.
Jackalope.rebalancer.png
Jackalope.rebalancer.png (44.36 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
here is a 2 to 2 underground rebalancer
2.belt.rebalance.png
2.belt.rebalance.png (47.94 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
*again items get 'stuck' but you can pre-load it as mentioned above.

and finally a 4 lane design. sorry i forget who's this is.
4.lane.rebalance.png
4.lane.rebalance.png (132.38 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
*again items get 'stuck' but you can pre-load it as mentioned above.

all of the above will consume a balanced amount no matter which side is being used on the exit.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Cyan_Leader wrote:I believe that a pre-requisite tech definitely needs to be added. This update pretty much made filter inserters obsolete before you even unlock them.
I don't think it made them obsolete. It's true that anything filter inserters can achieve, filtered splitters can also achieve, but often filter inserters will be able to achieve it in much less space.

One example, mostly applicable to mods but also to uranium enrichment is if a building outputs two different kinds of things you can directly outsert the product into buffer chests using filter inserters.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
Koub wrote:I think splitters should gain their filtering abilities with Circuit network technology. I know it's early in the research tree, but it would totally make sense.
I think this should be a separate technology and should apply to both splitters and inserters enabling this functionality on all existing items effectively removing filter inserters as a separate entity.
I'm all for getting rid of purple inserters, and enabling filtering on blue ones. And call them "smart inserters" for good ol time sake :) . Don't know about what tech, it's unusual to unlock a new functionality which isn't a recipe (with a proper icon and tooltip). If filter splitters are a separate tech, the research has to make clear to the player what he is unlocking.

legogo29
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by legogo29 »

impetus maximus wrote:loving the new splitters guys. also the ability to walk by substations, and chemical plants is nice.
illmaren wrote:
Philip017 wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Added filter to splitter.
[*]Added input and output priority to splitter.
now we just need a balanced input, forcing left and right lane to be balanced. doesn't matter if left lane is being drawn from more than the right lane, the input left/right side will always be balanced.
balanced.jpg
Meh this design is shit...use this here, does the same:
screenshot.png
that one uses 2 more splitters though.

these are the rebalancers i use.

if you don't use the bendy bit at the end it works great for balanced 'side loading'. works as 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 rebalancer.
*note items will get stuck on parts shown in construction concrete. OCD users can pre load that area with gravel/wood etc.
2to1.underground.png
This one does the same, but has the output in the same direction as the input

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

Please also add a splitter mode to split left input lanes to left belt, right lanes of input to right output belt! Thanks!

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

FactorioBot wrote:
[*]Increased the stack size of roboport from 5 to 10.
Thanks

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Yes. Splitters and the long, fast and stack inserters should become smart with research of the circuit tech or seperate research depending on the circuit tech. Filter inserters and their stack equivalent could then be dropped.
One thing, Bob's does incredibly well is the inserter pickup and drop location selection. So maybe, the long handed could also be dropped in favor of adding variable reach capabilities to the other ones.

Lane seperation capabilities in splitters would be another thing, that would make belt-based designs less tedious. But there are posts from the devs that oppose the idea to make using underneathies for lane splitting obsolete.

Return to “Releases”