Version 0.16.14

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.14

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • Added 'allow spectators' option to PvP.
Changes
  • Changed rail world settings to have normal biters frequency.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed loading specific saves wouldn't migrate the character requests correctly to request from buffer chests. (56129)
  • Fixed that migrating saves would make research impossible in the level 4 of New hope campaign. (55995)
  • Fixed that inserters would try to put items into furnaces that could never fit. (56134)
  • Fixed requester chests wouldn't keep up with the request amount demand in logistic heavy saves. (56135)
  • Fixed that request chests weren't equally distributed when there were not enough robots.
  • Fixed that migration to 0.16.8 which de-duplicated logistic requests wasn't doing so for offline players. This could cause crashes as the internal data structures take it as granted.
  • Fixed that download progress bar in the sync save with mods wasn't being updated.
  • Fixed that exiting the connection in progress (by pressing escape) soon enough could result in a screen without any menu.
  • Fixed some PvP game modes being won by launching a rocket.
  • Fixed config.ini would be purged when game decreases graphics settings when loading sprites throws an error. (55882)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Eaggra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.14

Post by Eaggra »

Nice, so when do you guys fix that intel thing?

;)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Thanks for adding more and more features to PvP is there a way we can maybe rename it down the road? Not sure how to rename it but I think more and more people are using it for none PvP Servers and we also do and love to see more features for that.

Also is there any kind of decent scripts yet that let people join mid game and create a base for them fresh? Say in chunks that never been generated before?

I love to be able to create a more open server where people can drop in and out at will without having create a new server every day for new players in a sense if possible. I think the biggest issue here is Evo % and creating a new base on the fly. But with the new generation performance in 16 should not lag much?

sicklag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sicklag »

Last edited by sicklag on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

sicklag wrote:Added 'allow spectators' option to PvP.

Does that mean I can: watch a PvP game without joining the server? watch a muliplayer game real time from KoS or Xterm or whoever?

Please say yes...please...pleaseeeeeeee!

Factorio @ e-sports!!!!!! Watch it live now!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers :)
You still join the server but you have spectator god mode. No player just able to move around and watch I would assume. I hope it does not generate chunks.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Eaggra wrote:Nice, so when do you guys fix that intel thing?

;)
After some testing, that Intel thing doesn't seem nearly as bad as everyone was making it out to be.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by milo christiansen »

Intel thing?

DustFireSky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DustFireSky »

Merci du Kuh. Um, Merci beacoup.

Squingy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Squingy »

Ah yes the Intel "meltdown" as it's being called, good thing I roll AMD.

Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Aru »

I used the in-game updater to download and install from 0.16.13, factorio failed to restart, and the executable is missing from \Factorio\bin\x64\ now. There are only two files in the folder, ChromaAppInfo.xml and factorio.pdb. I don't suppose there's an easy way to download only the executable?

Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Aru »

milo christiansen wrote:Intel thing?
White papers have been published exposing a flaw and exploit in modern CPU hardware, and a second one for only Intel CPUs, but it doesn't have anything to do with Factorio.

Chocolatetthunder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chocolatetthunder »

Kane wrote:I hope it does not generate chunks.
Kane wrote:
sicklag wrote:Added 'allow spectators' option to PvP.

Does that mean I can: watch a PvP game without joining the server? watch a muliplayer game real time from KoS or Xterm or whoever?

Please say yes...please...pleaseeeeeeee!

Factorio @ e-sports!!!!!! Watch it live now!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers :)
You still join the server but you have spectator god mode. No player just able to move around and watch I would assume. I hope it does not generate chunks.
https://puu.sh/yUqp1/78fbf9d114.png
They will be able to enerate chunks
3Ra Gaming Owner
join us on discord @ http://www.3RaGaming.com/discord

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

:?: And how the testing of possible belt compression fix is going on :?:
When, if ever, can we expect it?
I kind of stopped updating my blueprint book to use only splitters for compression after hearing about the upcoming change.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Squingy wrote:Ah yes the Intel "meltdown" as it's being called, good thing I roll AMD.
That sucks that you will lack higher performance then most Intel users here. We still will be rocking higher per thread performance and that is what counts in most games including factorio.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

THANK YOU!

Multi Smelter is working! :D FINALLY!

milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by milo christiansen »

Aru wrote:
milo christiansen wrote:Intel thing?
White papers have been published exposing a flaw and exploit in modern CPU hardware, and a second one for only Intel CPUs, but it doesn't have anything to do with Factorio.
Oh, that. Yeah that is 100% not relevant to Factorio. Also, it isn't an Intel thing, one version of the attack affects AMD processors, and some other versions affect certain ARM processors. Intel is just the brand most affected.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

Kane wrote:
Squingy wrote:Ah yes the Intel "meltdown" as it's being called, good thing I roll AMD.
That sucks that you will lack higher performance then most Intel users here. We still will be rocking higher per thread performance and that is what counts in most games including factorio.
I doubt factorio will be highly impacted by the fix, KPTI, as it doesn't seem (assuming reasonable implementation) that the game relies on a lot of kernel mode context shifts.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

irbork wrote::?: And how the testing of possible belt compression fix is going on :?:
When, if ever, can we expect it?
I kind of stopped updating my blueprint book to use only splitters for compression after hearing about the upcoming change.
Here you go
Twinsen wrote:Just as a quick update we are actively working on fixing all the belt issues including sideloading and experimenting with compression.
Due to the complexity of belts, because of all the optimizations, this is not easy, so bear with us.

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

Side loading from one belt to another seemed to work fine for me in 0.16 and make the target belt denser which is intuitive so good, what's wrong with it? They won't disable it I hope right?

Vandroiy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vandroiy »

Thanks for addressing the lazy bot issue; even as "mostly a belter" that was causing trouble. I'll try .16.14 today, let's see how it goes now!

Thanks @ PacifyerGrey for spreading Twinsen's update on compression, I had missed that. Makes me optimistic that 0.16 belts will change for the better. :)
Aardwolf wrote:Side loading from one belt to another seemed to work fine for me in 0.16 and make the target belt denser which is intuitive so good, what's wrong with it? They won't disable it I hope right?
You're the exception then; there are a lot of belt compression and sideloading issues currently. Anyway, devs are working on improving compression, not reducing it, so it's probably in line with what you want. There has been a lot of discussion and it sounded like devs are opting to make both sideloading and insertion add some compression. If that works out, insertion to belts would behave similar to 0.15 underground belts, but consistent over all belt and inserter types. It was the simplest solution that seemed close to a consensus when everyone was arguing about compression, and should work fine for every factory that's working now or in 0.15.

Return to “Releases”