Version 0.16.13

Information about releases and roadmap.
DustFireSky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.13

Post by DustFireSky »

yohannc wrote: For you it's not hidden, for them maybe.
I think, they have a great savegame with a great factory to test their patches. In a Friday news, there was anytime a screenshot of their base. And in these savegames must be ALL possibilities build in. Roboports are used by the most of the players. It's a standard feature. In small factories it's maybe not noticeable, but in great factories immediately!
yohannc wrote: For me on this version, bots just delivered what i want just when i entered roboport area (via buffer chest). But 15 minutes before, it didn't work. So it depend of the situation.
Maybe your factory is just to small :D
yohannc wrote: Anyway, I think you are not a developper yourself to say that (because if you where, you would know that you can't always test everycases).
And there, you can add some sort of corruption added by intermediates bugged patchs. So i don't think it's easy as you think.
It is!

That's the standard argument, if someone criticize the patch politics. I don't know how many developer or tester Factorio has, but I personally think, that there is just ONE man, that test the whole stuff. The programmer himself. And when u read the news, it will be clear. It seems, it is just ONE man that do the whole stuff. Programming, testing, releasing. The Christmas news said that indirectly, if u read it. One man patched the game alone during Christmas and released it. One man! Can one man test the stuff alone ? No, because some bugs are only noticeable, if a second person check it. Each person play a game different or open / navigate /click / drag&drop different as the first person. U need always more than one person to check a release. Okay, it should be... That's the fault.

Don't misunderstand me, I love the releases, but sometimes they are just headless and to fast released. Maybe the releases will not be tested. Who knows. Maybe it will not be tested and the apologies are just the word "experimental" :shock: Experimental normally means: "It could crash and is not stable." It means NOT, it is not tested! Don't search apologies for the developer. That's their business and they got paid for it!

Acacel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Acacel »

my factory (not really smal) shows no problems with Robots they all work as intended,
so I think your save has some migration Problems no one can see in release tests (already posted in the bug section?)

so for me great job with the update

DustFireSky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DustFireSky »

The bug is known Acacel and will be fixed in the next release. It's still annoying. :roll:

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

Guenni7 wrote:This build just fixed ANY performance problems with Bots.
90% of all Bots are on strike now!
Full 60fps now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Same ,bot problems here too :ugeek:

sicklag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sicklag »

Last edited by sicklag on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DustFireSky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DustFireSky »

I doubt that the AAA game companies (whatever which publisher or gamestudio) really make an intensive game QA. If they do that, the games were not bugged as they are. We life in a money controlled world. QA is a point that costs the companies money. What they do ? Fewer QA or no QA.

They say: "Hey, let the user test our buggy games". They buy it, whatever the game is unplayable or not. That's the reality. Mostly that are obvious bugs, they jump in your eyes. That is not excusable! Never! And I hate these companies. Never bought a game from this evils anymore. The problem is, it works! But some User defend this strategy.... That is absurd.

I think you are a bit to emotional :lol:

I don't criticize Wube for their releases. They do normally a good job, but sometimes they are headless.... I haven't meant hidden bugs they u can only find through multiple testers. I meant bugs that u must SEE as a developer! They jump in your eyes and beat u. U understand ? And now, keep cool and drink some coffee or tea or water :lol:

PS: Think about your selected words in your text. Insult other members isn't a base for a discussion :roll: :shock:

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] What about discussing about the release, and not the people (devs or forum members) ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DustFireSky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DustFireSky »

Um, yes sir! Sorry for that :)

Return to “Releases”