Version 0.16.10

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.10

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed crash related to setting logistic requests by circuit network.
  • Fixed requester chest state migration between different save versions.
  • Fixed one of the problems of internal provider data corruption related to setting inventory bar limit.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

fortycakes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.10

Post by fortycakes »

Yes, thank you so much!

I couldn't play due to the logistics bug, devs are amazing, such fast responses.

vtx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vtx »

Thanks ! You are an amazing game dev !!! continue the good work !

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by neoc »

Crazy!

By the way, they increased iron ore spawning in 16.0 - but I'm playing on a map right now where it still seems that there is way more copper than iron. Just random or might there be an issue? Or might setting ore frequencies to low and patch size to very big be the cause?

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

Thanks for the timely update!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

neoc wrote:Crazy!

By the way, they increased iron ore spawning in 16.0 - but I'm playing on a map right now where it still seems that there is way more copper than iron. Just random or might there be an issue? Or might setting ore frequencies to low and patch size to very big be the cause?
Noticed same thing, but realized they didn't say they increased iron ore spawning, just that there are more iron ore in the world than copper. The iron fields are richer than copper fields. The number of fields is like 2.5 copper fields per iron field though.

djnono
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by djnono »

requester bugged in .9 are still bugged in .10
on my base, any requester that had been set previous to .8 but was empty during the .7->.9 migration is broken unless manually reset or checking the 'take from buffer' box
-- Amahashadow

MarvinCZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MarvinCZ »

djnono wrote:requester bugged in .9 are still bugged in .10
on my base, any requester that had been set previous to .8 but was empty during the .7->.9 migration is broken unless manually reset or checking the 'take from buffer' box
Same here.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

djnono wrote:requester bugged in .9 are still bugged in .10
But fixing it once (Blueprint your setup and paste it over the existing base) seems to fix it for me. In .9 it was bugged again when i saved/loaded the game.

Thanks for the quick fixes devs!

madpinger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by madpinger »

Yeah, bug persisted on requester chests and I just blueprinted it and rebuilt them as that was quicker, working fine after. Thankfully, I went nearly robot free this map as I wanted to just make a big bus build.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

Requesters still do not work, but passive providers stopped flashing 'out of network' sign. OMW to bug report section.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Avezo wrote:Requesters still do not work, but passive providers stopped flashing 'out of network' sign. OMW to bug report section.
I think you might need to fix up requesters once or load save from 0.16.7 or earlier.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

orzelek wrote:
Avezo wrote:Requesters still do not work, but passive providers stopped flashing 'out of network' sign. OMW to bug report section.
I think you might need to fix up requesters once or load save from 0.16.7 or earlier.
As I understand bugfixes from this release, it was supposed to be fixed automatically by migrating from .9.

aeramor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aeramor »

Bonuses from QoL mod got messed up in the migration. Looks like it doubled up a lot of bonuses (toolbars, inventory size etc) But not all affected.

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

My requesters were still broken when I loaded the save, but I opened a chest and ticked the "request from buffer" box, and then immediately unticked it. The chest now functioned normally.

I copy/pasted this chest onto similar chests and it was fixed for them as well. All told, took me ~5 min to update my mid-game factory.

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Speadge »

well, i saw the bugs reported about the requester - but my problem is with the buffer chest - it doesnt really supply my player.
Isnt that waht it intentionally was made for?

using provider does work - but not a buffer chest.

cl0wnt0wn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cl0wnt0wn »

With the amazing attention to detail, I'm surprised that we've not done a v16.01, v16.02, v16.03 instead of v16.1, v16.2 so that the steam menu is in order...

Can we do that for v17? Thanks in advance

MarvinCZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MarvinCZ »

cl0wnt0wn wrote:With the amazing attention to detail, I'm surprised that we've not done a v16.01, v16.02, v16.03 instead of v16.1, v16.2 so that the steam menu is in order...

Can we do that for v17? Thanks in advance
I see this as a problem on steam's side. It should support natural sorting of versions instead of forcing devs to format their version numbers to some weird and unnatural form.

Your "solution" would have problem when you are on 99 patch point and you need to release next. ;)

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

I just finished a version 16 playthrough. Previous time I played a full freeplay was only in 2016.

It was amazing! This game has come a long way since 2016, and even then it had already come such long way since before!

The updated progression and features is just awesome, love the new science pack system (I know, old news for most of you), it has a MUCH better progression than before when there were still the alien science packs. Also love the nuclear reactor and uranium processing, and the artillery turret! And the graphics have a very noticable improvement, which is perfect since I also have a higher res monitor :)

Some minor suggestions of things I noticed during gameplay:

-morning and evening are hard to tell apart (especially when having night vision), and that's annoying. Maybe make evenings red colored and mornings yellow or with bird sounds?
-apart from fish, biters and worms, the world has suspiciously little life. Maybe there should be some harmless wildlife like various critters and birds for decoration?
-the map is very bad at showing important things: resources, trees, cliffs, transport belts. Please more uniform color for terrain, and more visible colors for iron, coal, trees, etc..., and force rendering belts rather than it depending on belt pixel position whether or not it's rendered

Thanks!
Last edited by Aardwolf on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

lots of good changes and fixes, thank yall very much!

Return to “Releases”