Version 0.16.7

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.7

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that trains approaching train stop started breaking 2 times sooner when no signal was in front of the stop.
  • Fixed order of controls in the control settings GUI. (55292)
  • Fixed rail pumps becoming invalid after being teleported via lua. (55203)
  • Fixed that biter expansion chunks weren't being generated correctly. (54988)
  • Fixed that rail signal ghost of different force (so invisible) was restricting rail placement.
  • Fixed server crash when last player leaves the game while the server is saving. (55164)
  • Fixed text cursor positioning inside a textbox during scroll. (55106)
  • Fixed an additional crash when trying to filter the main inventory in the god-controller in the train GUI. (55319)
  • Fixed that blueprint strings wouldn't copy station names in blueprints. (55323)
  • Fixed that blueprints would build partially in chunks not visible by radar from the zoomed-to-world view. (55138)
  • Fixed a crash when canceling loading of specific save files. (55343)
  • Fixed the programmable speaker GUI wouldn't update correctly. (55339)
  • Fixed a bug where text in a textbox disappeared after jumping to cursor that is off view.
  • Fixed --apply-update not setting executable permissions (55325)
  • Fixed that pasting assembler recipe to requester chest would request too few items for some recipes. (55341)
  • Fixed crash when exiting the game while a recipe tooltip was open. (55324)
  • Fixed positioning of progress bars in mod download dialogs. (54968)
  • Fixed creation of overlapping wagons under certain circumstances. (55371)
  • Fixed scrolling by caret in a textbox that would cause lines to disappear.
  • Fixed jittering when driving cars/tanks in some cases. (54916)
  • Fixed that only the first blueprint book, blueprint, and deconstruction planner item type would show in the blueprint library. (55367)
  • Fixed crash when recalculating connections between roboports. (55368)
  • Fixed crash when exiting mod portal during a refresh. (55377)
  • Fixed error in saving blueprinted inserters with overridden stack size. (55397)
  • Entities waiting for modules can now be fast replaced. (55104)
  • Fixed saving of New hope level 2. (55400)
  • Fixed that the game would crash trying to load some old saves. (54866)
  • Fixed train top speed calculation when not all locomotives used the same fuel type. (55442)
  • Fixed roboports wouldn't provide the repair packs for other robots to use when loading saves from 0.15. (55375)
  • Fixed a crash when removing modded tiles that had tile ghosts waiting to be built. (55455)
  • Fixed a crash when loading saves without specific mods. (55356)
  • Fixed that scenario errors would lead to getting stuck on the map preview screen if started through the map preview. (55466)
  • Fixed multiple issues with enemy force interaction. (55439)
Changes
  • Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid.
  • Ghost belt entities don't connect to other (ghost/or non-ghost) belt entities if they don't have the same force. This prevents ghost belt of other force (invisible to the player) from changing the shape of the belt.
  • Building a blueprint on top of existing assembling machines, refineries and chemical plants also copies the rotation, along with the recipe. (55108)
Scripting
  • Added direction, created_by_moving, and shift_build event parameters to on_put_item event.
  • Replaced ScrollPane::dont_scroll_horizontally by horizontal_scroll_policy and vertical_scroll_policy.
  • Added LuaGameScript::backer_names read.
  • Added LuaStyle::want_ellipsis read/write.
Minor Features
  • Added /version command.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.7

Post by tehfreek »

• Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid.
I guess it was too rarely used to justify making it work each time.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

Thanks for the bug fixes! Having three tanks per wagon was cool, but I never made good use of it.
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

SQLek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SQLek »

tehfreek wrote:
I guess it was too rarely used to justify making it work each time.
Without any protection what liquid goes in what tank, any my attempt to use this feature was too fragile to consider.

Soo maybe adding "fluid type filter" ? Please... (kinda sucks to have lubricant in uranium miners)
Last edited by SQLek on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote: Changes
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WHY THE HECK?!

At least, can we have a filter if this is gone? I literally used it as a workaround for the lack of filters.
Last edited by Gergely on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid.
Oh no! Now I should fill all 75k with acid to travel it to uranium mines? Why? It was so cool to have just 25k storage...

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

FactorioBot wrote: Changes
Ah... damn.

I actually used this feature for a water train feeding an 84 reactor nuclear plant. The problem I had was uneven emptying of wagons, and my solution was to separate each tank on each wagon and intentionally leave a tank empty every few wagons. This allowed me to ensure all of the water on all of the filled tanks would empty at the same rate.

I hope you'll reconsider. I wasn't aware that this feature was causing problems. :/

milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by milo christiansen »

That seems like a rather worthless arbitrary change. Why remove that which was not broken?

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

yeah...

I actually used different liquids in the same wagon...

thanks for breaking my factory...

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

I'm also saddened by the end of separate fluids.. To think the graphics of the fluid wagon has still 3 tanks, but we can't use them anymore... :(

Ice Forge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ice Forge »

Sadface over loss of a mechanic, i was using it for my oil processing to run 2:1 water -> crude oil for the recipe.

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

A shame about the change with fluid wagons - I had a train with each of the cracked oil components in each compartment going in to the main base which was perfect!
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

jonatkins
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jonatkins »

That fluid wagon split was useful, although the UI could have been better.

Breaks some of my saves - e.g. 2-wagon train from refinery to main base had one wagon (3 tanks) of gas, then second wagon with 1 tank heavy oil and 2 tanks light oil.

For a UI simplification, perhaps just have the option of one large tank or 3 separate tanks? i.e. get rid of the option to have one single tank plus two joined tanks? Less confusing UI and still flexible enough.

As for those wanting to limit the amount in wagons (e.g. sulphuric acid in uranium trains) - the circuit network is your friend. Set the train stop to read train contents, and the loading pump to stop once fluid is above a certain amount.

Oh, and a +1 for the option to set fluid filters on wagons - would be handy sometimes.

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

I am glad that is removed the different fluids on the wagons XD

posting to counter all those that are upset. i haven't met a person that used them as different fluid types

if i needed a stop to have more than one fluid i made a different train stop per fluid type

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

BLuehasia wrote:I am glad that is removed the different fluids on the wagons XD

posting to counter all those that are upset. i haven't met a person that used them as different fluid types

if i needed a stop to have more than one fluid i made a different train stop per fluid type
But.. why are you glad? That's a weird thing to say, tbh. If you didn't use it, then nothing changes for you. It doesn't make using fluid wagons any easier for you. Why are you glad that other people that did had it removed?

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

BLuehasia wrote:I am glad that is removed the different fluids on the wagons XD

and if 75k is too much of a fluid just use conditions on the pumps ...

note:
check by bp book for the acid loading unloading with conditions as an inspiration

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Thanks for fixing all the stuff guys!

I think removing 3 subtanks from wagons is a good thing. You can always use circuit network for precise quantities if you need to (responding to uranium mines problem).
However there is too much possible confusion added. I can see no problem using 3 separate wagons instead of one if you need transporting 3 fluids. IRL fluid wagons are just single barrel so its totally fine.

Seeing lowered volumes of incoming bug reports I sincerely hope you'll have time to think on sideloading/compression problems.

veszmadar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by veszmadar »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid.
Oh no! Now I should fill all 75k with acid to travel it to uranium mines? Why? It was so cool to have just 25k storage...
You can read the contents of the stoped train trough the station, then wire it to the pump. I set it so that it pumps only the requied amount (~4k acid).

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Merssedes »

PacifyerGrey wrote:I can see no problem using 3 separate wagons instead of one if you need transporting 3 fluids.
Well it's not that big problem, but 3 separate wagons = +14 tiles of station length & additional train mass (1 fluid vagon weigh as 4 regular).
Better alternative is to use regulat vagon & barelling (10 tiles * 10 barrels * 250 fuild in barrel = 25k fluid; also filtering if required), wich cause bigger infrastructure, but no additional station length (+7 tiles if it's hard to move empty barrels in the same vagon as full ones) or trains' weight.

Return to “Releases”