Version 0.16.4

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.4

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed progress bar in automatic updates GUI. (54812)
  • Fixed crash caused by mouse drag in an empty schedule in Locomotive GUI. (54843)
  • Belt rendering fix. (54852)
  • Fixed the mining speed for drills would show 1 higher than it actually was. (54885)
  • Fixed issue with changelogs in mods. (54842)
  • Fixed that the server could crash if it received invalid data. (54876)
  • Fixed crash on startup when texture compression was enabled. (54891)
  • Fixed that roboport connections wouldn't render as cleanly as 0.15. (54907)
  • Fixed that using the /ban command with no parameters would crash the game. (54948)
  • Fixed brwose mods/games, so the vertical progress bars always keep space for the scroller, so the window doesn't change size when data is loaded, or searching minimizes the result to just a page or less.
  • Fixed the game would not enter minimal mode if there was an error in migration script. (54828)
  • Fixed the delete-achievements tooltip wouldn't be removed. (54980)
  • Fixed the use-recipe-groups config option was ignored in the select-signal GUI. (54892)
Scripting
  • Fixed that LuaPlayer::admin write didn't work. (54960)
  • Added 2 optional parameters to LuaSurface::create_entity when creating resource entities: enable_tree_removal and enable_cliff_removal.
  • Changed burner prototypes to support fuel_category or fuel_categories + changed the Lua API to match.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.4

Post by Nexarius »

Update are always cool! :)
Last edited by Nexarius on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmhvd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mmhvd »

Kudos to the devs for being so responsive and open to the community, unreally fast in churning out updates, and also totally ruining my spare time... Thank you anyway...

Also nice to see factorioBot got upgraded to hires :)

sicklag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sicklag »

Last edited by sicklag on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yogzototh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yogzototh »

So, in https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-217 twinsen mentioned overhauling the "expensive recipes" mutator.
To balance all this out, the plan is to change some some recipes in expensive mode, so that the required copper to iron ratio is roughly the same in normal and expensive mode. Then the map generator settings will be tweaked so it also reflects that ratio (of course while keeping in mind the difference caused by overlapping resources).
Any ETA on that?

Also, a fast suggestion i've been missing since 0.15: Allow manual input of map parameters instead of sliders. Because goddamn i hate not being able to set a round number.
Attachments
factorio.png
factorio.png (38.2 KiB) Viewed 10472 times

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

When 0.16 was released I got back to playing my old save; went from 20 UPS to 40+++.

Now with 0.16.3 and quite a few hours of play, suddenly it's back down to 20 UPS, or less. The only new thing I've done is deploy artillery turrets.

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Ok trees set to NONE is a funny joke mode since with out cheats your stuck with out power lol maybe set a warning on that outside of sandbox?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Copper set to NONE will also make it hard to get power. :P

teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by teenusa »

I just saw the size of the Factorio installer.
It has growen significantly since beginning of high res textures.

160MB and now about 800MB

I love high res suff :D :)

Good work devs 0.16 is a realy cool release (:
Thanks for the fast bug resolving!
aka Chaftalie

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

Hi Factorio !

Really great update ! just one thing really weird :/
The shell ! Why not the same for all guns ? And what is that WTF receipe of artilery shell ? A radar inside each shell ? Could be better to put like 5x radar in the turret ? More logical no ? And artilery could shot the uranium explosive shell too ?

Thks to consider my idea :)
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

Redstylt wrote:Hi Factorio !

Really great update ! just one thing really weird :/
The shell ! Why not the same for all guns ? And what is that WTF receipe of artilery shell ? A radar inside each shell ? Could be better to put like 5x radar in the turret ? More logical no ? And artilery could shot the uranium explosive shell too ?

Thks to consider my idea :)
the artillery shell also explores so it's logical that it needs a radar

Vyrasa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vyrasa »

Plus, the artillery is pitched as flying toward a target location, as opposed to other weapons we have which are all entirely dumbfire (unguided) - though I guess some of the rockets do consider distance. Whether the artillery shell itself is able to make course adjustments isn't specified (though there are RL bullets/shells that do), but as a more advanced projectile, there are enough excuses for it to use more sensory input (even if just for altitude measurement for an airburst detonation) and thus warrant the radar.

Plus, probably some gameplay material-cost rationale. Dasiro's point about exploring is probably the strongest argument for why the radar "make sense within Factorio's world", though.

Return to “Releases”