Version 0.16.3

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.3

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • When mining normal entities ghost entity selection is disabled until the mining key is released.
Optimisations
  • Train stop penalty is applied when exiting the block with it instead of entering which should prevent searching for long paths just before destination train stop.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed changelog GUI displaying no version when launching the game (54682)
  • Fixed crashes and desyncs related to circuit controlled lamps in more electric networks. (54671)
  • Fixed advanced rail tutorial no path error. (54645)
  • Fixed inventory transfer tutorial furnaces couldn't smelt ore. (54653)
  • Fixed unknown locale key in train station tutorial. (54636)
  • Fixed new hope level-02 script error. (54732)
  • Fixed that the player would die when mining an enclosed vehicle while driving it. (54752)
  • Fixed achievement progress bars rendering that caused misalignment of tracked achievements. (54542)
  • Fixed that achievement title was sometimes not visible.
  • Fixed spacing of effect icons in technology detail. (54608)
  • Fixed that the player could teleport over things to get into a vehicle. (54749)
  • Fixed the achievement progress bars rendering.
  • Fixed that achievements not obtainable with peaceful mode were obtainable with enemy settings lower then default. (51252)
  • Fixed that exiting the car whilst shooting could lead to a crash. (54738)
  • Fixed that you could not submit a console message if you mapped it to ENTER. (https://redd.it/7jjlzb)
  • Fixed that the value of "bottom" of vertical align was not parsed properly. (54783)
  • Fixed crash related to scenario message dialog.
  • Fixed very low performance of drawing decoratives on medium or lower video memory usage setting. (54681)
  • Fixed that window to select signal wasn't working when sub-groups were enabled but groups disabled. (54728)
  • Fixed that LuaGame::take_screenshot would ignore the given surface. (54734)
  • Fixed the tank being hurt by its own flamethrower. (54748)
  • Fixed updater not properly setting permission bits (54786)
  • Fixed that hazard concrete didn't have a walking sound in one rotation. (54810)
  • Fixed force-building blueprint rails would build multiple rails on the same location. (54805)
  • Fixed that you could copy-paste enemy structure settings. (54821)
  • Fixed that double clicking the scroll bar in the save-game GUI would save the game. (54830)
  • Fixed that exiting the car with a passenger would leave the car driving in some cases. (54729)
  • Fixed that the read stopped train output signal wouldn't show unless the enable/disable checkbox was checked. (54835)
  • Fixed amount in resource entity tooltip might be displayed as negative number. (54841)
  • Attempted to fix hangs or crashes when using single channel textures for alpha masks on some PCs. (54551)
  • Fixed that the deconstruction marker on diagonal rails was off-center.
  • Fixed wrong order of buttons in Direct connection password dialogue. (54867)
  • Reactor pipes now render correctly, without rotation. (54759)
  • Browse games GUI now shows active filter text after reopening the GUI. (54803)
  • Fixed incorrect number of rails being used when building with rail planner. (54791)
  • Fixed priting of errors in Browse games GUI. (54815)
Modding
  • Fixed JSON parser did not fail on comma at the end of list or dictionary. (54828)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.3

Post by Optera »

I always saw the parser skipping the comma at the end of an array as feature. Copy paste expanding an array becomes much less prone to errors when you don't have to worry about delimiters.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Thank you, it's amazing how fast you guys churn out these updates <3
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

taikodragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by taikodragon »

Now we wait for the FFF to drop today :D Love all the ultra-fast bug fixing.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Wube productivity is just out of control :)

Now the only thing I am waiting for is SIDELOADING and I will be one happy panda for this xmas!

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • When mining normal entities ghost entity selection is disabled until the mining key is released.
Awesome! This was pretty annoying, glad to see this change! Thanks!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

Well, factorio wouldn't update (kept giving me messages about the lack of bytes arriving over 10 seconds), so I downloaded the full version. Installed it, it blows chunks on startup. Uninstalled and reinstalled, still blows chunks. With and without mods. Windows 7. Log file attached
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.28 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

Uninstalled 0.16.3, reinstalled 0.16.2, it runs fine. This time, the patch came down successfully, but same error as the stand-alone install of 0.16.3. Uninstalled and going to stay on 0.16.2 until this is fixed.

Ekelbatzen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ekelbatzen »

deer_buster wrote:Uninstalled 0.16.3, reinstalled 0.16.2, it runs fine. This time, the patch came down successfully, but same error as the stand-alone install of 0.16.3. Uninstalled and going to stay on 0.16.2 until this is fixed.
Try to disable texture compression, a bug report is here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54891
masterodie wrote:Same here. Crash at 89%. For me this seems to be related to texture compression. If i set texture-compression back to false in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\config\config.ini game starts up normal.
Specs: 3770k, 16GB DDR3, 1060, Win10 x64, latest experimental via Steam

Resolve
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Resolve »

Fixed that you could not submit a console message if you mapped it to ENTER. (https://redd.it/7jjlzb)
Reddit best Bugtracker :lol:

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Optera wrote:I always saw the parser skipping the comma at the end of an array as feature. Copy paste expanding an array becomes much less prone to errors when you don't have to worry about delimiters.
Yeah unfortunately for compatibility with eval() in old versions of IE, the JSON spec forbids trailing commas - so even if Factorio allows it, every other JSON parser will reject it (e.g. the mod portal's, from the bug report thread).

JSON5 is a new spec that makes these permitted again as well as adding other syntax improvements from ES5 but few things use a JSON5 parser yet :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I updated to 0.16.3, now the game won't load.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Ok that was a little nauseating, was playing on low graphics to get a better load time, and the Labs wobbling kicked my motion sickness. looks like maybe a few frames are off center to the right.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Do I need to disable texture compression for this update to work?

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

cpy wrote:Do I need to disable texture compression for this update to work?
Yes, it got borked up a little, but posila already fixed it for the next release. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=54891

Spychotic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spychotic »

Just tried 0.16.3. My uber factory that I am building to churn out 1 rocket per minute used to run at 22FPS. It now consistently runs at 38FPS.

Seriously, speed is nearly doubled.

Thank you devs!

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Reygan »

After update 0.16.3 game is crushing after full loading. Help me please!
Log is attached.
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Ekelbatzen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ekelbatzen »

It is already fixed for 0.16.4 which just released, so update your game.
Specs: 3770k, 16GB DDR3, 1060, Win10 x64, latest experimental via Steam

Return to “Releases”