Version 0.16.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.2

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash when using the "flow" custom GUI element type in a mod. (54609)
  • Fixed a crash when migrating energy sources from mods. (54622)
  • Fixed a crash when a request to mod portal timeouts. (54661)
  • Fixed that burner inserters wouldn't fuel burner furnaces in some cases. (54604)
  • Fixed blueprint labels wouldn't render in the world. (54639)
  • Fixed building entities very quickly could duplicate them in some cases. (54610)
  • Fixed a crash when clicking refresh in Browse mods dialog. (54648)
  • Fixed a crash when fast-replacing electric poles. (54679)
  • Fixed a crash when trying to load mods in zipped format. (54686)
  • Fixed a crash when loading saves where the character was in a vehicle which is being removed due to mod removal. (54629)
  • Fixed that right click didn't work in the production/electric stats GUIs. (54699)
  • Fixed a crash when migrating specific simple-entities to 0.16. (54712)
  • Fixed lamp energy info in sidebar and in the Lua interface.
  • Fixed that the logistic network embargo achievement didn't disallow the buffer chest.
  • Fixed that fast-replace building ghost underground belts and pipes wouldn't rotate the direction correctly.
  • Changed (hopefully improved) the heuristic that decides which rail path should be selected for manual rail building.
  • Attempt at fixing game not working on macOS 10.12 and older. (54549)
Modding
  • Fixed the game did not check type of units defined in resul_units of unit-spawner. (54650)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.2

Post by impetus maximus »

you guys are fast. :)

cheers

Hijack:
DO NOT MAKE BUG REPORTS HERE PLEASE!
If you find bugs, post them in Bug reports after reading 54634 and 3638.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Yes. I feel guilty for getting this 0.16 patch for free. You guys deserve getting more money from me, because of your excellent service.

mathturtle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathturtle »

FactorioBot wrote:Bugfixes
  • Fixed that fast-replace building ghost underground belts and pipes wouldn't rotate the direction correctly.
Thank you! This was driving me nuts.

AuroraDrag0n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AuroraDrag0n »

Wow you guys are fast! I only submitted that bug report about the burners yesterday! Bless you.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

AuroraDrag0n wrote:Wow you guys are fast! I only submitted that bug report about the burners yesterday! Bless you.
My bug report was fixed in only 21 minutes, as can be seen from this thread. Of course, I still had to wait till the following day, for the next release.

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

Factorio Team is setting a new standard for bug fixing, showing everyone else how this should be done. Together with Friday Facts, it shows how dedicated and open a design team can be.

You are the gold standard and reference to everyone else in the industry.

Please don't change!

SiC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SiC »

Didn't notice the release until today, figuring it would come on friday along with the FF post, but well, here we are :D
Only thing I want to ask is, can you please make it a toggleable option to have cliffs spawn in the starting area as well? I posted around last friday to the same effect too: it's much more enjoyable to me to have to figure out creative solutions to the environment with every new map I start, rather than to have a flat area every single time that doesn't do anything interesting to dictate how I build my factory.

What I really want out of Factorio in the long run is reasons to keep mixing up my designs. As it stands, it's too easy to build the same factory on new maps. It's an issue the Anno games suffer from as well, at least on the larger islands, where I feel like I'm building the same city with the same layout over and over again, because that's how it works best for me. Cliffs/rivers/lakes and forests need to spawn a bit more, or in more interesting shapes I think.

On that same note, it'd be an interesting option to have, to not be able to destroy cliffs and the like. Again, toggleable, because many people seem very eager to blow up all the interesting bits as soon as they can.

Return to “Releases”