Version 0.16.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
Ubik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.0

Post by Ubik »

Hi Everybody there,
I aplologies if my question was allready asked before, but despite my search on the forum I didn't find the answer : how do I get the 0.16 update??? => there's nothing for it on my steam account (unlike the previous update), I couln't find anything in the game interface to manage the update, and I've spend some hours to understand how I can do, and was pretty sad this week-end not to have the latest version, cause I love Factorio SO much, and I'm dying to see and test the new stuffs (cliffs, artillery train, buffer chest...)!!!!
Thnaks to everyone who can help me! :D

thecatlover1996
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by thecatlover1996 »

Ubik wrote:how do I get the 0.16 update???
In the game properties, go to the "Betas" tab and select that you want to install experimental versions.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Ubik wrote:how do I get the 0.16 update???
i would stick with 0.16.4, or wait for 0.16.6 as there is a nasty power pole bug which will probably get fixed today (monday)

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

FactorioBot wrote:Major Features
Features
  • Logistic request tooltips now show the count of items in the requester, on the way, and in the network.
Woohoo, thank you for adding this!!

Ubik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ubik »

thecatlover1996 wrote:In the game properties, go to the "Betas" tab
Thanks you very much for you answer...but, I must be completly dumb...but I don't see anywhere "Game Properties", nor in the Game nor in my Steam account :|
Is this supposed to be in the game ? Because in the game, here is the things I see : Play, Map Editor, Options, Mods, About, exit.

Thought It was in "Option"...but it's not, I only have : Graphics, sounds, Controls, Mods, Other
Thought it was in "other...but it's not

Is "Game properties" supposed to be in my steam account ? I dont' see it anywhere....

DUMB ME DUMB ME :|

Thks for you help!!!

And thanks @impetus maximus for your advice for the 0.16.4 or waiting for the 0.16.6! My first pb is to understand how to find this game properties and "Betas" tab :D :D :D
Last edited by Ubik on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Ubik wrote:
thecatlover1996 wrote:In the game properties, go to the "Betas" tab
Thanks you very much for you answer...but, I must be completly dumb...but I don't see anywhere "Game Properties", nor in the Game nor in my Steam account :|
Is this supposed to be in the game ? Because in the game, here is the things I see : Play, Map Editor, Options, Mods, About, exit.
Right click game in steam lib -> properties -> betas tab.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (22.45 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
The option to "Enable experimental updates" does live in-game in Options -> Other, but I don't think it's there for steam builds. (It definitely there for the zip version though.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Ubik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ubik »

THANKS MasterBuilder!!!! Got it!!!
Never was in this situation before so I just didn't know that you could find some game properties with a right clic in steam, THANKS again!

titaniumtank166
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by titaniumtank166 »

here you have an video how to change version on steam.

link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4p_fO0dqRI :D

greaman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by greaman »

FactorioBot wrote:Major Features
Features
  • Roboports now provide the repair packs they have for other robots to use.
That just creates loops in a requester chest -> inserter ->roboport setup as the transport bots get mad filling the requester chest with the repair kits provided in the roboport.

I'd personally consider such behaviour a bug, but as you see it as a feature it would be nice if it could be at least be disabled for the roboports...

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

greaman wrote:That just creates loops in a requester chest -> inserter ->roboport setup as the transport bots get mad filling the requester chest with the repair kits provided in the roboport.

I'd personally consider such behaviour a bug, but as you see it as a feature it would be nice if it could be at least be disabled for the roboports...
This was always invalid setup - before this change, if all robots moved to a different roboport then they wouldn't pickup packs from repair-pack roboport, but go to your storage/providers for packs.

If you need to move repair packs closer to some area, place buffer chest there. Leave slots in roboport for robots to drop-off their pack when they return from repair job

greaman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by greaman »

posila wrote:
If you need to move repair packs closer to some area, place buffer chest there. Leave slots in roboport for robots to drop-off their pack when they return from repair job
There is no point in buffer chests if we are talking remote defense outposts supplied by train, where the only roboport is primarily setup for repair and maintenance.
However, if they are meant to grab them from the storage chest anyway there really is no point in transporting them to the roboport in the first place - I agree. Never realized that before ;) as it just work for quite some time...

Return to “Releases”