Version 0.16.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.0

Post by herkalurk »

Can we get nuclear artillery? We already have explosive nuclear shells, why not an option to make nuclear artillery shells?

Ralfinator
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ralfinator »

DScoffers wrote:“Slightly adjusted some recipe craft times to better reflect their ingredient count.”

Please can you specify what these are?
I am wondering the same. Would be nice not to have to check the craft time of >30 recipes ti make sure the ratios are still correct.^^

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

I am so grateful guys for your awesome work! This build has so many awesome features added! And I know many of them were requested by community and you still add even more!

Sadly the "toolbar vs toolbelt" was dropped out of 0.16. Hope it will make comeback at some point and was not dropped totally. Hopefully it will be a part of GUI redesign block for 0.17.
pfooti wrote:Have they changed the way assembler machines keep stacks of resources? I could swear in .15.x and previously, an assembler machine would keep two products in reserve if its output were backed up (say its inserter was turned off), but now I'm looking at an iron gear wheel assembler in my new map that has 81 gears in it. This isn't terrible for gears here, but it is kind of tricky when it comes to how I used to deal with production of limited / expensive things - like turn off the output inserter if some value is high, or just insert into a chest that only has one slot unlocked. Now, this would just let the whole assembler back up quite a bit further. Not the end of the world, but a little troubling.
This was changed reflecting demand from players cause super high speed recipes (like beaconed gears etc) could not be supplied by resources by stack inserters in time. Now the buffer is increased to Max(Items_per_second,1)+1. So on slow and expensive recipes you will not see the difference but fast intermediates will have their buffers significally increased.
herkalurk wrote:Can we get nuclear artillery? We already have explosive nuclear shells, why not an option to make nuclear artillery shells?
This would be much more adequate use of nuclear shells than tank. It would also be so spectacular with the new reveal-impact-area feature!

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Delivers.

Performance enhancement from 0.15->0.16, in particular, is not subtle at all. Performance on my fx9590, in 0.15 terms is quite literally (I know from experience) like I went out and bought myself an i7-7700K (I should probably go out and buy one anyhow... but that's another topic).

So impressed, I went out and bought the T-shirt :) (just kidding, I already bought the T-shirt).

Thank you guys so much for your many years of painstaking work on this game, past, present and future, you guys are doing it all right.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Looking for mad scientist to clone me so that I will have psychic neural link with my other clones so I can play factorio while I play factorio and also go to work or something.

quineotio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quineotio »

There isn't anything in this update that will bring me back to the game. Is this the end version or will there be more stuff added later?

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Love the hat tip to Back to the Future. It's making me antsy to get home and test it out in the various vehicles and see if you gave us an Easter egg on the speedometer for 141.6kph.

Also, since I don't bother with nuclear power and rarely with nukes, this was an excellent way to revive incentive to mine uranium and use my enormous store of the bright green nuggets.

feildmaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by feildmaster »

FactorioBot wrote:Major Features
  • Added logistic buffer chest. It can request items that are still available to the logistic system.
Not true, it's only available to personal logistics. Buffer chests don't work with Requester Chests. Which makes these chests a no-go for me.

MaexxDesign
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MaexxDesign »

The performance improvement is incredible !
The devs are wizards !
Fantastic job !

_alphaBeta_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _alphaBeta_ »

feildmaster wrote:
  • Added logistic buffer chest. It can request items that are still available to the logistic system.
Not true, it's only available to personal logistics. Buffer chests don't work with Requester Chests. Which makes these chests a no-go for me.
I was a bit shocked, but this is apparently by design and differs from what was advertised in FFF #203. Here's the original bug thread that was classified as "not a bug" and the subsequent suggestion thread.

EDIT: According to this post, which links to a Reddit post, this change is not necessarily permanent. Whew.

navry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by navry »

Why the Item Groups / Subgroups? :( I hope they come back

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

navry wrote:Why the Item Groups / Subgroups? :( I hope they come back
They still work in the settings file.

Atomicking74
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Atomicking74 »

[*]Removed Assembling machine 1 from the production science pack.
The removal of assembly machines from production science pack is quite significant, are there any plans currently among the dev team to add something to that pack to replace the assembly machine? Currently the only requires electric engine and electric furnace.

Absolute round of applause for the dev team, the level of continued support, improvements and additions rivals that of triple A game studios.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

herkalurk wrote:Can we get nuclear artillery? We already have explosive nuclear shells, why not an option to make nuclear artillery shells?
with the fire rate they have already and the damage they do, i don't see the need.
would be too OP in my opinion. artillery rocks enough in it's current state.

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

While i like the fast replace of splitters over belts I wish you couldnt place belts over splitters since whenever I went to upgrade my belts id always bumpmy splitter and have to replace it

I think it would be better if a splitter was touched by a belt of a higher tier it replaced the splitter of the higher tier or left it alone (maybe an option?)

greaman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by greaman »

impetus maximus wrote:
with the fire rate they have already and the damage they do, i don't see the need.
would be too OP in my opinion. artillery rocks enough in it's current state.
Yep, with range 8 (700ish in automode) and speed 3 (1,2/s) and trainf with 4 artillery waggons clears quite a bit of area in no time... nuclear shells would be a waste as there would be 10 in the air before the first strikes the target.

I love the artillery particularly one reason - clearing those nasty worms I tend to overlook in the forrest which will later attack by robots ;)

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Merssedes »

For those who interested: changes in recipes times (hope nothing missed)

Code: Select all

recipe                   new old time
car                      2    0.5
tank                     5    0.5
tank                     8    0.5 (in expencive mode)
locomotive               4    0.5
cargo wagon              1    0.5
fast underground belt    2    0.5
express underground belt 2    0.5
roboport                 5   10
oil refinery             8   10
heat exchanger           3    0.5
heat-pipe                1    0.5
steam-turbine            3    0.5

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Atomicking74 wrote:
[*]Removed Assembling machine 1 from the production science pack.
The removal of assembly machines from production science pack is quite significant, are there any plans currently among the dev team to add something to that pack to replace the assembly machine? Currently the only requires electric engine and electric furnace.

Absolute round of applause for the dev team, the level of continued support, improvements and additions rivals that of triple A game studios.
The goal was also to reduce the amount of things you need to build for the science packs, so no, we don't place to add something there instead.

feildmaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by feildmaster »

PeteTheLich wrote:While i like the fast replace of splitters over belts I wish you couldnt place belts over splitters since whenever I went to upgrade my belts id always bumpmy splitter and have to replace it

I think it would be better if a splitter was touched by a belt of a higher tier it replaced the splitter of the higher tier or left it alone (maybe an option?)
I second this, make a suggestion thread for it ^^

3trip
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 3trip »

Wonderful the performance increase is always welcome on my aging PC, thank you devs!

If we get a nuclear artillery shell, what's the point of the shorter ranged rocket nuke?

You're going to need to make it different in some way to keep it useful and more efficient use of refined uranium is my only idea so far.

In fact, that may work quite well, add in consecutive research for nuclear weapons, start with big inefficient bombs for ICBM's first, then medium sized more uranium efficient warheads for artillery, finally very efficient small nukes for rocket launchers, perhaps you can load multiple for a MIRV warhead for your ICBM as well? :twisted:

Return to “Releases”