Version 0.15.33

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.33

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Mod name in mod info pane will no longer be localised. (51046)
  • Optional mod dependencies now show as orange when invalid. (21008)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed crash when trying to load replay that is not compatible with current version.
  • Fixed ghosts might emit light. (51516)
  • Fixed removing land mines didn't make any sound. (51588)
  • Fixed creating window larger than screen. (51584)
  • Improved performance of rendering uranium ore. (51549)
Modding
  • Bonus UI now shows additional force modifiers (49732)
  • simple-entity-with-owner (and simple-entity-with-force) now supports apply_runtime_tint in sprite definition.
Scripting
  • simple-entity-with-owner exposes color property through LuaEntity::color. Set it to {r=0, g=0, b=0, a=0} to use color of entity's force.
  • Fixed LuaEntityPrototype::distribution_effectivity would return value of supply_area_distance instead. (51568)

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.33

Post by sillyfly »

FactorioBot wrote: ...
  • Improved performance of rendering uranium ore. (51549)
Anyone else interested in what was the cause or the solution? I would love to hear details :) (if not here then maybe in a FFF?)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Why does the last line still refer to the experimental version if 0.15 has already been declared stable?

thecatlover1996
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by thecatlover1996 »

Tekky wrote:Why does the last line still refer to the experimental version if 0.15 has already been declared stable?
0.15.31 has been declared stable, but this new version might still contain game-crashing bugs that the devs do not know about.

They made 0.15.32 and 0.15.33 experimental versions and will probably wait a while before declaring it stable, based on the amount and severity of bugs reported.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for the explanation.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

sillyfly wrote:Anyone else interested in what was the cause or the solution? I would love to hear details :) (if not here then maybe in a FFF?)
I would also love to hear what caused the bug. However, I'm afraid that the explanation would require many technical details, so that most people would be unable to follow the explanation. Of course, I could be wrong, though. :)

I certainly do love it when the FFFs get technical.
Last edited by Tekky on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Tekky wrote:I would also love to hear what caused the bug. However, I'm afraid that the explanation would require many technical details, so that most people would be unable to follow the esplanation. Of course, I could be wrong, though.
I'm going to guess that it was rendering the "glow" effect once for each tile of uranium ore and that the performance fix was to batch it into one render stage.
Again: it's a guess.

Jos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jos »

Amazing! I thought my suggestion has been drowned by plenty of other suggestions!
I can imagine how hard the developers do when reading the suggestion flood:)

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

posila wrote:On the screenshots I noticed big increase in draw calls (from 239 without uranium ore, to 2067 with uranium). We render draw glow layer over the ore. I move rendering of the glow to higher layer, so it doesn't break batching if uranium ore sprite and the glow sprite don't fall into the same sprite atlas.
Note: I saw the increase in draw call count on my computer too, but didn't experience any FPS drops. I have GTX 750Ti.
(From here)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Jos wrote:Amazing! I thought my suggestion has been drowned by plenty of other suggestions!
I can imagine how hard the developers do when reading the suggestion flood:)
I see pretty much every suggestion as it filters through active topics,
After all its my job to know what's going on here :D

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

The feedback and work of the developers is absolutely amazing. Because of this I'm actively recommending this game to friends and family.
Also, it has to be said, this game's forum has 99% civilized conversations. Most forums are cesspools full of swearing and insulting comments. Thanks!

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:Also, it has to be said, this game's forum has 99% civilized conversations. Most forums are cesspools full of swearing and insulting comments. Thanks!
That is also my impression. I wonder what the reason for that is. Is it the kind of audience this game attracts? Or is it due to the moderators doing a good job? Probably both.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Tekky wrote:
Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:Also, it has to be said, this game's forum has 99% civilized conversations. Most forums are cesspools full of swearing and insulting comments. Thanks!
That is also my impression. I wonder what the reason for that is. Is it the kind of audience this game attracts? Or is it due to the moderators doing a good job? Probably both.
Yes, I'd agree with both, although I might say it is a bit more of the group of people this game (and forum) attract. Factorio's audience is mostly mature people (I'm a teenager and I know I'm not the only one, but most people playing the game, especially those on the forums, are largely post- high school or college age, by which time most people can hold a civilized discussion, contrary to some games with much younger audiences (I'm thinking Minecraft, but don't take that in a bad way. I've played it and I find it to be a fun game, and most of its audience consists of nice people, but it's simplicity leads a lot of younger, less mature people to it as well.)) Factorio's style also requires quite a bit of thought by the way of analytical thinking, planning, ratios, etc., which probably leads to the older audience, and I'd guess that the type of people who are good at planning and analyses are not the type of people who have random angry outbursts.

Of course, that doesn't mean there isn't anything to be said for the moderators and developers. I have seen the moderators lock posts where people were arguing in uncivilized ways, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were posts we didn't even see. The developers also listen to the forums a lot and make a great game, so there is little for people to complain about on the forums and people don't feel ignored.

And again: I'm not trying to be mean to anyone, these are just my thoughts on the topic.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

Also, due to the fact that there is no real competetive/PvP part in the game, you don't have all the "class X is OP !!!" and so on complaints.

In game, I see quite often swearing and crying on bigger public maps: most of it is, when a single person starts to sabotage stuff, or two people have differences about certain builds - I have seen a 1-hour rage of 2 people about a combinator setting *rofl*

But yeah, the devs and mods are also doing an awesome job :-D (1500 played and still counting ^^)

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Zool wrote:Also, due to the fact that there is no real competetive/PvP part in the game, you don't have all the "class X is OP !!!" and so on complaints.

In game, I see quite often swearing and crying on bigger public maps: most of it is, when a single person starts to sabotage stuff, or two people have differences about certain builds - I have seen a 1-hour rage of 2 people about a combinator setting *rofl*

But yeah, the devs and mods are also doing an awesome job :-D (1500 played and still counting ^^)
Aha, ok. I didn't know that.
I never play online because of this type of behaviour. On occasion I play with my mother in law Terraria, but never with strangers.

JonasOrrin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JonasOrrin »

thecatlover1996 wrote:
Tekky wrote:Why does the last line still refer to the experimental version if 0.15 has already been declared stable?
0.15.31 has been declared stable, but this new version might still contain game-crashing bugs that the devs do not know about.

They made 0.15.32 and 0.15.33 experimental versions and will probably wait a while before declaring it stable, based on the amount and severity of bugs reported.
Not too sure about that. https://wiki.factorio.com/Main_Page, which lays claim to being the Official Source of Documentation for Factorio states that the current stable build is 0.15.33. Furthermore, it states that there is presently no Experimental version at this time.

That particular part of the post is most likely an accidental holdover from an announcement template or standard footer. Or, maybe the wiki is wrong. :geek:

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

When 0.15.33 was first released it was labelled experimental. It looks like they have now decided it is stable enough to promote to stable.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

The wiki gives the same version info as factorio.com. Just look there if you want to be 120% sure.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

0.15.33 is declared stable since Monday as far as I remember...

thecatlover1996
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by thecatlover1996 »

Matthias_Wlkp wrote:0.15.33 is declared stable since Monday as far as I remember...
Nice :D When I wrote my post, it was still experimental :)

Return to “Releases”