Version 0.15.31

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.31

Post by FactorioBot »

Small features
  • Train stop text angle is now configurable in the graphics settings. Default value is 30 degrees.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that resizing the game window was very slow on Linux. (48023)
  • Fixed rendering of turret ranges on map. (50932)
  • Fixed "Disable listed mods" in minimal mode would disable all mods including Base if mod-list.json didn't exist. (50917)
  • Fixed that pressing escape in the "mods error" GUI would close it and leave the game in a broken state. (50951)
  • Fixed possible crash when loading game. (50955)
  • Car and Tank now make a sound when deconstructed. (50997)
  • Fixed that using the color command with no arguments would set your color to black.
  • Fixed a crash when deleting a blueprint book while the label is being edited in the blueprint library. (50964)
  • Fixed crash when closing the game in the Generate Map GUI. (50924)
  • Fixed that the generate map GUI would show incorrect values for some of the enemy expansion settings in some cases. (51064)
  • Fixed that some blueprints would always have to be reuploaded after connecting to a server, even if they weren't changed. (50878)
  • Fixed that the map seed field wouldn't be used when given in a map-gen-settings.json file through the command line. (51176)
  • Fixed that missing controls in "autoplace_controls" for map gen settings would get filled with default values instead of disabling unlisted controls.
  • Fixed that blueprints would stop transferring if the game was loaded from a map that included some transfers in progress. (51025)
  • Fixed missing font for Thai language.
  • Changed the hazard concrete/concrete tile transition so it behaves predictively.
Modding
  • Fixed layered icons would render incorrectly in some cases. (51059)
Scripting
  • Fixed a crash when using LuaPlayer::disable_all_prototypes() and opening the technology GUI. (51003)
  • Fixed that research bonus could be set to negative. (51114)
  • Fixed that items in the character trash slots would get lost on reducing inventory size instead of spilling the items on the ground. (51181)
  • Fixed validation for pickup_position and drop_position. (51143)
  • Exposed internal buffer of fluid turret to Lua as its last fluidbox.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::fluid_capacity read.

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

riuen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.31

Post by riuen »

Train stop text angle is now configurable in the graphics settings. Default value is 30 degrees.
Tnx for that :D

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote:
Small features
  • Train stop text angle is now configurable in the graphics settings. Default value is 30 degrees.
Wow... I saw that one coming.

MrGoodbits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrGoodbits »

I may have found a bug. Linux headless server with seed set to null, always generates the same map.

Goodbits server in public list has it.

MrGoodbits
Attachments
null map
null map
01531nullmap.jpg (118.26 KiB) Viewed 21362 times

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

MrGoodbits, I was able to generate this map with a seed of '0', is your setting null or an empty string such as ""?

edit: just looked at the json example, looks like the code is taking it as a literal 0 and not randomizing

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Tnx for the update!
MrGoodbits wrote:I may have found a bug. Linux headless server with seed set to null, always generates the same map.

Goodbits server in public list has it.

MrGoodbits
isn't that what you want? if you SET a value? if you leave it empty it will be random.

Null or 0 == not empty

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

The example settings file says to set to null for random.

MrGoodbits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrGoodbits »

I created a bug report with some test conditions and results

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51254

I LOVE this game!

Thanks,
MrGoodbits

bacord
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bacord »

This last update changed a lot in my current game. The physical size of my boiler more than tripled and since I had 13 of them in a small space that would now fit only 3 upgraded boilers, all of my electricity network went down and I am forced to physically change all of my boilers to produce steam, reroute the steam, etc. Also, many of my factories now require different inputs, etc.

Does anyone know why this update affected my saved games? I would like to think that it is a glitch, that the developers didn't just push entire changes out to the network that were not backward compatible...but it destroyed the game that I had invested over 40 hours on just as I was about to finish and now it looks like I will have to start from the beginning.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wookz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wookz »

Is this the new stable? Game is asking if I want to upgrade now. But I don't see any announcements.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

bacord wrote:This last update changed a lot in my current game. The physical size of my boiler more than tripled and since I had 13 of them in a small space that would now fit only 3 upgraded boilers, all of my electricity network went down and I am forced to physically change all of my boilers to produce steam, reroute the steam, etc. Also, many of my factories now require different inputs, etc.

Does anyone know why this update affected my saved games? I would like to think that it is a glitch, that the developers didn't just push entire changes out to the network that were not backward compatible...but it destroyed the game that I had invested over 40 hours on just as I was about to finish and now it looks like I will have to start from the beginning.

15.31 is now the latest stable version. I assume you had played 0.14 previously, you can role back to that version by choosing the beta 0.14.23 in steam, but the 0.14 will not receive updates anymore so you will have to switch to 0.15 eventually. If you need further info please open a thread in the tech help section.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

bacord wrote:Does anyone know why this update affected my saved games? I would like to think that it is a glitch, that the developers didn't just push entire changes out to the network that were not backward compatible...but it destroyed the game that I had invested over 40 hours on just as I was about to finish and now it looks like I will have to start from the beginning.
Factorio is in Alpha, and savegame-disrupting changes are to be expected. Be thankful, many Alpha games get changes to them that break saves entirely. At least you can fix this one with a few minor changes to your factory.

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

bacord wrote:This last update changed a lot in my current game. The physical size of my boiler more than tripled and since I had 13 of them in a small space that would now fit only 3 upgraded boilers, all of my electricity network went down and I am forced to physically change all of my boilers to produce steam, reroute the steam, etc. Also, many of my factories now require different inputs, etc.

0.15 changed a lot, but it is well worth it!!! It adds atomic power, makes research more challenging, adds the endless research, and gives you a lot to do after you launched your first rocket.

Talking about the new boilers: You now have a precise ratio of 1 boiler for every 2 generators.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

This is more in regards to FFF#200 and talk of the Mod Portal overhaul...

Please add an indicator/filter for the mod publisher to indicate "MP Safe" (or not)....

yohannc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by yohannc »

Personaly i don't care if our factory is broken, it won't take much time to repair it, and compared to new functionnality, it worth it !

Thank you for this big release ! all the changes are awesome, every one of them !

Keep up the good work, company like your's are exceptionnal.

A note for people like me that just got this release (that stay on stable), don't forget to put your graphical setting in high in the options (it's a new parameter).

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Should also pass on the note that it used to be that boilers hooked in series with steam engines, now steam engines go off to the side, and boilers still go in series end to end.... so typical setups will be passing cold water to steam engines :)

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

It's a shame that the security vulnerability fixed in this version wasn't mentioned in the list of fixes, so that players were aware how important this update is. Couple this RCE with the still-unfixed case of a Factorio update in Windows running the game as administrator, and a rather nasty situation could have happened.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

abordoli wrote:This is more in regards to FFF#200 and talk of the Mod Portal overhaul...

Please add an indicator/filter for the mod publisher to indicate "MP Safe" (or not)....
Please also add an filter to hide al incompatible mods.
Now you have al those mods with no version number, that you can't use.

Also some mods require depenancy's, would be handy if there installed automaticly.

fechnert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fechnert »

rorror wrote:
abordoli wrote:This is more in regards to FFF#200 and talk of the Mod Portal overhaul...

Please also add an filter to hide al incompatible mods.
Now you have al those mods with no version number, that you can't use.

Also some mods require depenancy's, would be handy if there installed automaticly.

Yeah, like Bob's mods for example ... if i install the base mod, the overview should give me hints which mods are also required / recommended
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198066150999.']Image[/url]

TinpotRobot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TinpotRobot »

OK - I had a nice mod aim to launch my spaceship (not the rocket - but it was a post end game aim) that I can't now complete as it doesn't work with the new Factorio.

Sorry - unless I miss something, I have no choice under Steam to stop this from updating ... and to me, I fail to see why I am forced to "update" ...

My bases are huge - with very large generation areas. I am now forced to fend off aliens whilst re-patching everything to just get power back. Just because boiler size has been changed. Why not add a larger boiler and keep the smaller ones ? ye gods ... it shows lack of care for those who like tinkering with their much older bases (mine pre 0.13).

Plus now I have to abandon my starship aim ... I can't really expect a modder to keep their mod up to date, but I can expect to keep playing the game under an older version.

So - every time I play this game, I fear to see the auto patcher display as I know something will break - and sure, I can restart, but if I dare to add any mods then I am just going to have to expect the game to break when it patches again.

Come on - an option to retain under a sub folder the pre-patched game ? So I can play my 0.15 base or if I want to, decide to move up to 0.15.31 ? For me the gamer to have the choice like I have always had with everything else to patch when I want to patch ? This by far is the MOST infuriating facet of this game ...

Return to “Releases”