Version 0.15.28

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.28

Post by FactorioBot »

Balancing
  • Reduced time needed for an unit of Automation 2 research from 15 to 5 seconds to compensate for previous change of science packs requirements.
Minor features
  • Added --window-size launch option. For example --window-size=1680x1050 (44775)
  • Damaging a tree with impact or physical damage generates some leaves.
  • Warning icon for logistic chests that are not in a reach of roboport.
  • Train stop names are rendered at 45 degrees to better show names.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that ghosts would stay over entities after deconstruction was canceled. (50015)
  • Fixed that the controls menu wouldn't use a fixed common width between controls sections.
  • Inserter researches now require equal ratios of science pack types.
  • Fixed that transferring blueprints from the library could make the headless server crash. (50536)
  • Fixed that blueprints could be duplicated when moving to a new version. (48977)
  • Fixed progress bar not showing in the entity info panel if the text was too long. (50539)
  • Fixed (at least one of the cases) of crashes related to not being able to connect to auth server while joining game. (50161)
  • Fixed, possible crash related to changed bounding box of entity by a mod. When the mod is removed (added) the corner of the entity can occupy chunk that doesn't exist yet which would cause a loading error. (50371)
  • Fixed that mining sounds and the leaves effect weren't present when mining tree from a car. (50441)
  • Fixed possible crash when removing modded rails during save migration. (45436)
Modding
  • Mod hotkeys are arranged per-mod.
  • Disallowed defining different rail categories for this moment as having more than one will never work properly until we spent some non-trivial time with that, which is not a priority now.
Scripting
  • Fixed that item-with-inventory filters wouldn't be preserved when cloned through the Lua API. (50527)

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.28

Post by Kane »

Woot Toot!

ParkerSelfridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ParkerSelfridge »

Train stop names are rendered at 45 degrees to better show names.
Most of my stations are built diagonally. Would it be possible to offer an option for this? Thank you.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

One of the best 0.15 releases! Having the train names display at 45 degree angles will help so much with actually seeing your train stops on the map and such. :D
Also very glad the feedback about the science cost for Automation 2 was taken into consideration and implemented. You guys are awesome!
Image Image Image

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

ohh 45 degree train station names, convient, i like.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

my fault _ sorry
Last edited by brunzenstein on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexzzzz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by alexzzzz »

FactorioBot wrote: Train stop names are rendered at 45 degrees to better show names.
This will break someone's workflow.

FunMaker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FunMaker »

FactorioBot wrote:
Minor features
Please make this an option. If there are many stations vertically aligned( ~6 tiles from each other) it is hard to guess which one is which.
example

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Reduced time needed for an unit of Automation 2 research from 15 to 5 seconds to compensate for previous change of science packs requirements.
Awesome! Thank you :)

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Could you also add the changes to Map Generation? Seeds in 0.15.27 are different from 0.15.28 ones. What changed?

DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DerGraue »

Fixed that blueprints could be duplicated when moving to a new version.
I am using the Recursive Blueprint Mod for quite some stuff in my current game. That requires some blueprintbooks in my library that have exactly the same blueprint in different books for different purposes. I think this "fix" fixed my blueprintbooks by deleting all the blueprints that were multiple times in my library in different books and leaving only one copy of that blueprint, probably the first one that was created. Which basically destroyed all my recursive blueprintbooks...

That leaves me with some questions:
1. Is this intended that these blueprints were deleted? Or is that a bug? Because they were not dublicated by a bug. I put them there for a reason.
2. Can I have the same blueprints in different books in my blueprint library or will they get deleted after the next time loading or upgrading to the next patch?
3. If I load my game in version 0.15.27 I get my blueprints back (thank you very much, I was really scared, that they could be lost). Can I export them with .27 and import with .28 or will that delete all the "duplicated" blueprints? I really do not want to lose my books! I will stay on .27 for now.
4. Can you please please stop meddling with the blueprintbooks? Last time you changed the sorting order of the blueprints and I had to resort them which took me over an hour... :evil:

...naa, just kidding, I know it's an experimental version and stuff, some consistency would be nice though :D

riuen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by riuen »

I don't like the 45 degrees names, gonna be possible a optional change? I just can't get fast and easy the locations on harvest areas
Attachments
Sin título-1.jpg
Sin título-1.jpg (233.05 KiB) Viewed 17972 times

Kuro-Maii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kuro-Maii »

FactorioBot wrote:
Minor features
Please make this an option in either the game settings or the train stops, best case would be a user set angle.

Reason is that all my major stations ( more the 1 platform ) are all setup with train stops at a 45 degree angle. this is designed so regardless of the driving direction the station will never have names overlap. and it is a design that works well with diagonal exit tracks.
was a lot of work to setup
going to be a ton more to redesign everything to work with this on every driving direction. :cry:

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

As somebody who doesn't use the spacebar heating feature, thanks for the diagonal station names. :D

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

AntiElite wrote:Could you also add the changes to Map Generation? Seeds in 0.15.27 are different from 0.15.28 ones. What changed?
I pulled out a string known to make a specific island pattern and it did the same in 0.15.28. What was it about the seeds that you noticed was different?
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Lyzak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lyzak »

Added --window-size launch option. For example --window-size=1680x1050 (44775)
—IMMEDIATELY adds this to my launch options—

Thank you!

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

malventano wrote:
AntiElite wrote:Could you also add the changes to Map Generation? Seeds in 0.15.27 are different from 0.15.28 ones. What changed?
I pulled out a string known to make a specific island pattern and it did the same in 0.15.28. What was it about the seeds that you noticed was different?
The terrain and landscape is the same, but the ore generation is different.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Added --window-size launch option. For example --window-size=1680x1050 (44775)
Haha - thanks, guys! :D :)
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Turbofant
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Turbofant »

MrGrim wrote:As somebody who doesn't use the spacebar heating feature, thanks for the diagonal station names. :D
Made my day! :mrgreen:

For those who didn't get that referece: https://xkcd.com/1172/

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

FactorioBot wrote:
Modding
  • Disallowed defining different rail categories for this moment as having more than one will never work properly until we spent some non-trivial time with that, which is not a priority now.
This sounds like it's going to break a few mods.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Releases”