Version 0.15.24

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.24

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor features
  • Power switch connections are stored in the blueprint.
Changes
  • The F1-F12 debug hotkeys can now be reassigned.
  • Disabled pumps don't block other pumps from connecting to fluid wagon anymore. (49336)
  • Pump can connect to fluid tank that is slightly rotated, but only to tanks that are standing on straight rails.
  • Blueprints in the library no longer transfer automatically when a player joins. Instead, they are transferred on-demand.
  • Admins are allowed to modify other players' blueprints in the library, including deleting them.
  • Changed default keybind for toggle filters on macOS to Command + Right Click (50253)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed Infoboxes sometimes going to the center of the screen on scale change or display size change. (47513)
  • Fixed the direction of underground belts/pipes wouldn't get detected correctly when using the pipette tool in some cases. (50080)
  • Fixed that accumulators had two energy bars and one of these was showing incorrect value. (50212)
  • Fixed that Copy paste couldn't be used in the numeric edit box.
  • Fixed that the recipe tooltip would resize/change every time something was crafted. (50209)
  • Fixed burner inserter reading signal pulses twice (50183)
  • Fixed electric buffer error that could happen when updating save to newer factorio version or changing mods. (50182)
  • Fixed that failing to mine an entity wouldn't try to transfer all items in the entity. (50237)
  • Fixed locomotive could snap to train stop after it was attached to an existing train. (50210)
  • Fixed that the item counts when making blueprints or deconstructing things would render off-screen. (50258)
  • Fixed impossible research tasks in team production challenge. (50257)
  • Fixed that the blueprint library GUI wouldn't restore scrollbar position when moving in or out of a book. (50152)
  • Fixed that setting inserter filters wouldn't update the last-user. (50286)
  • Fixed that fluid would not flow through circuit network disabled mining drills. (50289)
  • Fixed a crash when exiting multiplayer due to a script error while hosting a public game locally. (50243)
  • Fixed pump would not connect to last tile of a train in some cases. (50279)
Modding
  • Changed the format for localised mod name and description.
  • Fixed that assembling machines using the heat energy source type would go inactive when out of power and stay inactive. (50091)
  • Limited map gen presets pollution diffusion and dissipation rate values to prevent never-ending pollution bloating map sizes by mistake. (48680)
  • Removed CustomInputPrototype consuming types "all" and "script-only".
  • entity-with-owner now supports variation in blueprints.
Scripting
  • Fixed that marking an entity for deconstruction through script wouldn't fire the event. (50180)
  • Fixed that level based research wouldn't fire the research-finished event in some cases. (50223)
  • Fixed that several of the drop-down related methods for LuaGuiElement were 0-based.
  • Added a global Lua function "table_size" which will quickly compute the number of values in any lua table (not to be confused with the # operator).
  • Added LuaGuiElement::remove_item for drop-down type elements.
  • Added LuaSurface::clear_pollution().
  • Added events on_console_chat and on_console_command.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::production read.
  • Added LuaControl::mine_tile().

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.24

Post by GotLag »

Pump can connect to fluid tank that is slightly rotated, but only to tanks that are standing on straight rails.
I take this to mean that it can connect to fluid wagons that are slightly rotated, as long as the pump in question is pointed at a straight rail segment, is this correct?

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
  • […]
  • Changed default keybind for toggle filters on macOS to Alt + Right Click (50253)
  • […]
  • Changed default keybind for toggle filters on macOS to Command + Right Click (50253)
Heh. Gotta read the linked thread to know which it actually is! (Spoiler: It's
Command + Right Click
)

Dhekhanur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dhekhanur »

Changelog wrote:Admins are allowed to modify other players' blueprints in the library, including deleting them.
Does this mean that admins could grief players by deleting all their blueprints in their library or does that simply mean the copy in multiplayer server library is deleted? Because this could lead to tears.

adeade45
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by adeade45 »

Dhekhanur wrote:
Changelog wrote:Admins are allowed to modify other players' blueprints in the library, including deleting them.
Does this mean that admins could grief players by deleting all their blueprints in their library or does that simply mean the copy in multiplayer server library is deleted? Because this could lead to tears.
I'm assuming it means only the server library.

EDIT: Yes, I just checked, it's only the server library. I can't access any of my players' blueprint libraries, only those they've put into the shared server section. (Unless I'm missing a button somewhere)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

GotLag wrote:
Pump can connect to fluid tank that is slightly rotated, but only to tanks that are standing on straight rails.
I take this to mean that it can connect to fluid wagons that are slightly rotated, as long as the pump in question is pointed at a straight rail segment, is this correct?
Correct

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

FactorioBot wrote:Blueprints in the library no longer transfer automatically when a player joins. Instead, they are transferred on-demand.
Was this the issue mentioned (but not described) in the latest FF causing high network traffic?
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Blueprints in the library no longer transfer automatically when a player joins. Instead, they are transferred on-demand.
Was this the issue mentioned (but not described) in the latest FF causing high network traffic?
It was described as such a bit further down, a bit hidden behind all the text in between.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

When changing the name of a station, selecting an existing station no longer fills in that name.

Bug or intentional?

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Tnx for the update.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Rakshasa wrote:When changing the name of a station, selecting an existing station no longer fills in that name.

Bug or intentional?
It's a bug, fixed in the next release.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

subzeros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by subzeros »

Thanks for the update
There is actually nothing per Second enough ;)

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Minor features
  • Power switch connections are stored in the blueprint.
*Major features

simanthi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by simanthi »

Does the map generator works fine for everyone ?. seems whatever presets i select the settings remaining the same (resource , advanced settings) , and also the presets doesn't show the description instead its showing Normal settings for all the presets,
Can anyone clarify it to me whether its a bug ?
Attachments
snippet of the map generator
snippet of the map generator
Capture.JPG (92.15 KiB) Viewed 13639 times

Rapier31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rapier31 »

I've noticed that when several blueprint books are in my inventory, 2 of them shift rapidly back and forth.

Dhekhanur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dhekhanur »

simanthi wrote:Does the map generator works fine for everyone ?. seems whatever presets i select the settings remaining the same (resource , advanced settings) , and also the presets doesn't show the description instead its showing Normal settings for all the presets,
Can anyone clarify it to me whether its a bug ?

viewtopic.php?t=50329

MaexxDesign
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MaexxDesign »

It's very annoying when my personal robohangar is loading and I walk sooooooo slow ! :evil:
Last edited by MaexxDesign on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Does anybody know how to use the mod name/desc localization? How can I localize it?
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

apriori wrote:Does anybody know how to use the mod name/desc localization? How can I localize it?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50029&start=20#p290950
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

adeade45 wrote:
Dhekhanur wrote:
I'm assuming it means only the server library.

EDIT: Yes, I just checked, it's only the server library. I can't access any of my players' blueprint libraries, only those they've put into the shared server section. (Unless I'm missing a button somewhere)
Player's blueprint libraries are stored on their own machines, not on the server. If playing factorio on a multiplayer means that the server process can hack into files on my PC and change them, I'd be seriously worried.

Return to “Releases”