Version 0.15.22

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.22

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Blueprints in the blueprint library are sorted using case-insensitive natural compare. E.g. the sorting order now is "1", "2", "10", instead of the previous "1", "10", "2".
  • Inserters will no longer drop what they are holding when disabled by the circuit network. (49170)
  • The deconstruction planner filter now treats any entity filter as also matching entity ghosts of that type.
  • Multiplayer creation GUI now remembers game name. (49162)
Balance
  • Explosive Mine now only does damage to enemy units and structures.
Sound
  • Added missing vehicle collision sounds (pipes, solar panels, etc...)
  • Reduced volume of ore mining and tree chopping.
Bugfixes
  • Toggling fullscreen via options or Alt-Enter now keeps window on the same monitor. (49567)
  • Fixed that in long recharging queues some robots would never get a chance to recharge. (49391)
  • Fixed that it wasn't possible to click and drag blueprints into an empty blueprint book. (49746)
  • Fixed that deconstruction/blueprinting selection would be canceled if the selection ended on one of the always-visible GUIs. (49264)
  • Fixed the productivity bar in the furnace GUI wouldn't show in some instances. (49841)
  • Fixed exiting a multiplayer game hosted through the in-game multiplayer option. (49785)
  • Fixed that tile ghosts would always get selected over real entities. (49880)
  • Fixed that the heat-connection icon was not visible on entities other than boiler and reactor. (related to modding)
  • Fixed that furnace with heat source couldn't be rotated before placing it.
  • Fixed the gui of furnace using heat as energy source.
  • Fix PvP Gui script error. (49876)
  • Fix that clearing items in Transport belt maddness didn't give the items back. (49509)
  • Fixed that rails marked for deconstruction wouldn't allow canceling deconstruction while a train was on them. (49950)
  • Fixed that biters would change orientation rapidly when they were near a player whom they couldn't attack. (46763)
  • Fixed that Rocket Silo would continue crafting for 1 tick after completing a rocket. (48974)
  • Fixed that lot of other keys that can be used to write characters in the edit box (or console) were not blocked from affecting the game if they are assigned to do a game action. Having text box active now means that all of the keys are blocked from affecting the game.
  • Fixed (hopefully), that the stretching of bounding boxes of walls to touch their neighbours was not taking into account when marking things in the way for the blueprint. (47324)
  • Fixed that the description pane would change width depending on the content. It should now never change width. (49911)
  • Fixed that the shooting-target would render as valid to shoot with rockets when it actually wasn't. (49425)
  • Fixed that programmable speakers would get wrong instruments after importing pre-0.15.19 blueprint string. (49528)
  • Fixed that maximized Factorio window had thin border around it. (49388)
  • Fixed that vanilla and modded version of achievements could be mixed up. (49620)
  • Fixed that inserters would try to insert items into other non-burner inserters. (49384)
  • Fixed that fast-transferring modules into the rocket silo would put them into the module slots and the rocket at the same time. (49520)
  • Fixed that the "rocket launched without satellite" message couldn't be dismissed in some cases. (43683)
  • Fixed the mining drill GUI wouldn't show mining progress when it had a large number of modded module slots. (41597)
  • Fixed fast-replacing an assembling machine with overloaded ingredients would spill the items. (49158)
  • Fixed many ingredients or products in recipes would break the assembling machine GUI. (47407)
  • Fixed wrong values when using /config set allowed-commands with invalid values would crash the game. (49839)
Modding
  • Fixed that giving rolling stock entities invalid collision masks would crash the game. (49356)
  • Mod title and description can now be localised.
  • Fixed a crash when mods use reset technologies during the technology researched event. (49991)
  • Fixed that modded GUI elements wouldn't get removed in some cases when the mod was removed. (50022)
  • Fixed source_effects applying effects to the source by the target instead of to the source by the source. (49634)
Scripting
  • Fixed setting robot.energy for logistic/construction robots wouldn't account for the robot battery upgrade. (49780)
  • Fixed that setting LuaBurner::currently_burning didn't accept LuaItemPrototype as the docs said. (49893)
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::count_as_rock_for_filtered_deconstruction read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::filter_count read.
  • Added LuaEntity::spawner/units read.

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

raid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.22

Post by raid »

FactorioBot wrote:
Much love for this <3

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

raid wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
Much love for this <3
Same here! No more typing the same thing in again and again :D
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

paouk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by paouk »

Thank you guys!!
you are AWESOME!!! Keep up the indescribably good work :)

FactorioBot wrote:Reduced volume of ore mining and tree chopping.
NEEEEEDED
Rome, Italy, Europe, Planet Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way, Known Universe
(forgive me for eventually bad english, i'm trying my best)

XOffshore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by XOffshore »

FactorioBot wrote:
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that the description pane would change width depending on the content. It should now never change width. (49911)
Untitled-3.png
Untitled-3.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 15168 times
Well, guys this is really, really annoying. I do know that your UI does not have some super HTML5 flexbox abilities, and realize an issues related to implementing even very simple text layout engine, but huh.
It is visible 90% of game time, doesn't it worth a little bit more attention? Isn't it obvious that left columt should be word-wrapped instead of right (and vertical-aligned to bottom, of cause)?

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

Explosive Mine now only does damage to enemy units and structures.
YES! Glad to see even more buffs for the landmines!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

leitk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leitk »

Inserters will no longer drop what they are holding when disabled by the circuit network. (49170)

Inserters sent a pulse signal used to not pick up from belts.
With this change, they now can pick up from belts, however, they don't let go until the next pulse.

They seem to work the way I would expect with containers, a pulse will grab an item (or items) from the source container and drop them in the destination container.

Could they be set to work that way (one pulse sends one item) with belts as well?

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

mngrif wrote:
Explosive Mine now only does damage to enemy units and structures.
YES! Glad to see even more buffs for the landmines!
Does this mean you can pave your plant with landmines?

Killcreek2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killcreek2 »

FactorioBot wrote:Inserters will no longer drop what they are holding when disabled by the circuit network. (49170)
Rolling back to 015.21 ~ This change breaks my whole factory from top to bottom! See my response in the associated thread for details. ^

Please rethink this change! :shock:
"Functional simplicity, structural complexity." ~ Appleseed

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Killcreek2 wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Inserters will no longer drop what they are holding when disabled by the circuit network. (49170)
Rolling back to 015.21 ~ This change breaks my whole factory from top to bottom! See my response in the associated thread for details. ^

I am also unable to continue playing my game in version 0.15.22, since half my base is broken now and I see no easy workaround.

In principle, I do like the idea of also being able to control when an inserter drops an item instead of only being able to control when an inserter picks up an item. However, this new implementation does not work well at all.

whynotboth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by whynotboth »

Something seems to be broken about the new inserter behavior. If you wire an inserter to a chest and set its condition to "Everything = 0" then it should be logically evident that the inserter can never take an item from the chest. Nevertheless when you put something in the chest, it will get picked up (but not dropped).

basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by basementjack »

Not sure if this is new with 15.22, but I noticed today that trains stops in Out of the box (no mods) factorio have an icon for Logistic network - does anyone know how to connect this, and what that does?
Last edited by basementjack on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Tnx for the update!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tekky wrote:
Killcreek2 wrote:

I am also unable to continue playing my game in version 0.15.22, since half my base is broken now and I see no easy workaround.

In principle, I do like the idea of also being able to control when an inserter drops an item instead of only being able to control when an inserter picks up an item. However, this new implementation does not work well at all.
Yep one small change to kill all.. of circuit networks :D
And I don't think it would actually fix issue OP had with it - you are still left with inserter that holds item in hand. And you need to figure out what to do with that item anyway - inserter is blocked till it drops that item somewhere.

Mailbox23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mailbox23 »

Killcreek2 wrote:

I am having to rollback as well... this change broke my entire base...

I am really hoping the effects of this change are a temporary bug and not a new feature... If this is intended behavior it is terrible...

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

leitk wrote:Inserters will no longer drop what they are holding when disabled by the circuit network. (49170)

Inserters sent a pulse signal used to not pick up from belts.
With this change, they now can pick up from belts, however, they don't let go until the next pulse.

They seem to work the way I would expect with containers, a pulse will grab an item (or items) from the source container and drop them in the destination container.

Could they be set to work that way (one pulse sends one item) with belts as well?
this method would be much better, as having to send two pulses breaks alot of the ways i have been used to doing things in the game, previously having to send a long signal for inserters to grab things was a bit annoying

with sending but a single pulse and having it grab the item(s) and make 1 movement and dropping their item(s) would be a better solution, than to having to send 1 pulse for pickup and another for drop imo - but it could be made optional with another check box.

Prymal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Prymal »

FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
[*]The deconstruction planner filter now treats any entity filter as also matching entity ghosts of that type.
The best part of this update. Thanks Wube!

Vile
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vile »

Not sure if something just tweaked in my game or if it's happening to others as well, but since this update, using shift-click to lay down track results quite often in the auto-destruct not working properly. Trees are mostly (but not always) being treated as if they are player objects in that they aren't removed by construction bots and track is just laid around them. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I'm seeing it the most when laying track by hand and not from a blueprint.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Vile wrote:Not sure if something just tweaked in my game or if it's happening to others as well, but since this update, using shift-click to lay down track results quite often in the auto-destruct not working properly. Trees are mostly (but not always) being treated as if they are player objects in that they aren't removed by construction bots and track is just laid around them. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I'm seeing it the most when laying track by hand and not from a blueprint.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=50039
Should be resolved in 0.15.23

DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DerGraue »

Just reverted back to 0.15.21 because of the Inserter changes, just to find out that my save can't be loaded, because I already saved it with the new version and apparently you can't load then. All autosaves are on the new version as well.

Please revert that change, it breaks all my unloading stations and some other useful stuff.

Return to “Releases”