Version 0.15.20

Information about releases and roadmap.
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.20

Post by Mooncat »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Added LuaForce::worker_robots_battery_modifier read/write.
It's time to make a....
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/R ... y_Research
....mod... too fast. :(

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Klonan wrote:
orzelek wrote:
Klonan wrote:
orzelek wrote:Does this:
Added LuaForce::worker_robots_battery_modifier read/write.
Mean that there is also science effect to add to techs or only for script use?
Using it as a technology effect is also supported
And effect name would be:

Code: Select all

worker-robot-battery
?
Yep
Are there also technology effect names for those LuaForce::character_..._bonus/modifier properties? :mrgreen:

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

For belts items/sec is the only useful value to display.
Those who don't want to use math in Factorio should just avoid reading those values.

All recipes display their time in SECONDS.
Assemblers and other machines display their speed that is a factor you use to divide recipe's time to get the real value. Then you multiply belt's throughput by recipe time and you have a number of machines you need to fully saturate the belt.

The only issue I see is the fractional number - 13.33 etc. That problem comes from the start and it is a real issue here complicating math. This fractional number is even more the issue as this throughput is for the whole belt (both sides included) making a per side math even worse. Only Express belt makes sense here with its flat 40 which is divided by 2 roundly.

Personally I would like to see some more round-ish numbers here which are easily divided by two to measure a single belt side for all belt speeds.
However it is fine as it is right now as you will need calculator or a spreadsheet anyways.

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

Or you could use a frequency: yellow / red / blue belts output items at a frequency of 75 / 150 / 225 ms.
Anyway, most of players already know the numbers. And those who don't won't make a big use of the tooltip.

SeigneurAo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SeigneurAo »

Mooncat wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Added LuaForce::worker_robots_battery_modifier read/write.
It's time to make a....
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/R ... y_Research
....mod... too fast. :(
Author: Klonan
Cheating was involved...

To be fair, that's the kind of things I would totally expect in the vanilla game. Is it planned for stable 0.15, or 0.16 maybe ?

MikasaTanikawa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MikasaTanikawa »

PacifyerGrey wrote:All recipes display their time in SECONDS.
Assemblers and other machines display their speed that is a factor you use to divide recipe's time to get the real value. Then you multiply belt's throughput by recipe time and you have a number of machines you need to fully saturate the belt.

The only issue I see is the fractional number - 13.33 etc. That problem comes from the start and it is a real issue here complicating math. This fractional number is even more the issue as this throughput is for the whole belt (both sides included) making a per side math even worse. Only Express belt makes sense here with its flat 40 which is divided by 2 roundly.
You forget about machine's crafting speed. It may be fractional.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

MikasaTanikawa wrote:
PacifyerGrey wrote:All recipes display their time in SECONDS.

You forget about machine's crafting speed. It may be fractional.
I did not. Thats why I said that you'll need a calculator or a spreadsheet in the end. But it would be cool if the numbers would end up being round-ish most of time. Its not really hard to do.

Manron
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Manron »

PacifyerGrey wrote:But it would be cool if the numbers would end up being round-ish most of time. Its not really hard to do.
until you start using modules and beacons...

but shouldnt this discussion be in a seperate thread in the balancing subform?

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nepp95 »

DanGio wrote:
Mr. Mechanic wrote:
DanGio wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Transports belt entities show belt speed in the tooltip and entity description.
Wow, I really... hate this :)

To be more precise : I'd like to see 1/2/3, and not 13.33/26.66/40 in belt tooltip. Why ? Because it's more consistent : drills, furnaces, assembly machines... every speed is shown as a factor and not item/sec. And above all : please don't throw weird numbers at us, because Factorio is played with OR without big complicated maths.

I still love you though.
Speed factors make sense for assemblers and furnaces and such because they work with recipes with different manufacturing times. For belts, all a factor would tell you is how fast it is compared to another belt, which isn't nearly as useful.

For example, smelting iron ore takes 3.5 seconds. An electric furnace has speed 2, so it consumes 2 / 3.5 = 0.57 ore per second. 13.33 / 0.57 is about 23.3, so a fully compressed yellow belt can supply a little over 23 furnaces. How would you determine that if a yellow belt simply said it had 'speed 1'?
Well, in that case, you do like everyone else : search on the wiki. My point is in the perspective of a newcomer who would see "13.33" on the nearly first item in the game, and think that Factorio is about maths. A lot of new players would pass if they have to do - if they THINK they'll have to do such calculations.
Yes, I think they will pass the game because they see a number in a tooltip. Geez...
It's a nice and small addition, use it if you want, otherwise don't. I find it quite handy because my head is full enough with numbers already :mrgreen:

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Well, a vast majority seems to want to see this number, so OK :cry: ;)

Though, I really hope the game don't get too flooded by numbers... Some are useful right away, others belongs to the wiki for second walkthrough and more...

Cheers ! :)

Return to “Releases”