Version 0.15.19

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.19

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Added alarm sounds to programmable speaker.
  • Fullscreen is on by default.
  • Locomotive snaps to a train stop when placing the first locomotive next to the train stop.
  • Changed automation and fluid wagon research so it doesn't have multiples of science packs per unit. (49128)
  • --start-server-load-scenario can load scenarios provided by a mod. For example, --start-server-load-scenario base/wave-defense will load the wave-defense scenario from the base mod.
Graphics
  • Changed the icon of the automation research, so it is not confused with the logistics research.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that destroyed transport belt could leave zombified items in nearby tile (49152)
  • Fixed inserter zombification at rail junctions (49293)
  • Fixed visual seams on map/minimap (45834)
  • Fixed that gate over rail could be rotated
  • Fixed GUI size problems with the logistic networks GUI. (48900)
  • Fixed that the headless server didn't close when it failed. (Most typically because of script error) (49118)
  • Fixed misaligned force color mask on capsule projectiles. (48996)
  • Fixed crash when changing player's controller, when player was controlling a vehicle with god controller. (47239)
  • Fixed a crash caused by manually deactivated units. (49017)
  • Fixed that exporting blueprints wouldn't respect the current filter options in the setup GUI. (49123)
  • Fixed that selection-by-typing in listboxes would also trigger normal game actions. (49004)
  • Fixed that adding stops to a train could change the current station. (40845)
  • Fixed that the search text didn't reset after leaving the browse-mods GUI. (49130)
  • Fixed that the mods-load-error GUI could end up too large to fit on screen. (49165)
  • Fixed a crash when interacting with the "save/quit/reconnect" window after losing connection with a server. (49023)
  • Fixed crashes when locking bitmap fails. (49009)
  • Fixed rail preview was rendered under entities. (48134)
  • Fixed message box in main menu being not clickable (49226)
  • Fixed trains stuttering on extremely short paths. (49105)
  • Fixed flamethrower stream would destroy trees directly. (46428)
  • Fixed that some information was missing from generator entities. (49327)
  • Fixed that Factorio would hang on Linux after trying to paste a string when the clipboard was empty. (49251)
  • Fixed generating unwinnible research tasks in team production scenario. (49329)
  • Fixed that clicking escape while connecting to the game could lead to weird situations as the normal menu was opened. Pressing escape while connecting will abort the connection instead. (37460)
  • Fixed the productivity bar in the mining drill wouldn't show in some cases. (40158)
  • Fixed that the blueprint book gui didn't stretch vertically when possible. (49353)
  • Fixed inconsistent hovered font color on buttons and dropdowns. (49213)
  • Fixed train stuttering with only disabled stations in their schedule (47911)
  • Fixed that you could disconnect wires at any distance. (46259)
  • Fixed the icon used when rendering coal being held by construction robots. (49399)
  • Fixed headless server on macOS getting stuck when in background (46295)
  • Fixed that attempting to edit a blueprint label for the second time would show the original label before any edits were made. (49267)
  • Fixed that --start-server-load-scenario wouldn't give an error when the specified scenario couldn't be found. (45532)
  • Fixed that robots would leave items on the ground when building ghosts in some cases. (49449)
  • Fixed train GUI size problems when the fuel tab is removed due to it going out of reach. (48991)
  • Fixed that blacklisting tile ghosts in the deconstruction planner didn't work. (49450)
Modding
  • Fixed that the fluid wagon wouldn't show the equipment grid when one was added through mods. (48167)
  • Fixed loading the item-with-tags item type. (49234)
Scripting
  • Fixed set_command with an empty list of commands would crash the game. (48226)
  • Fixed LuaRandomGenerator docs. (48888)
  • Added LuaTechnology::level write support for level-based technology. (47733)

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Dhekhanur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.19

Post by Dhekhanur »

Changed the icon of the automation research, so it is not confused with the logistics research.
My hero!

KingIonTrueLove
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KingIonTrueLove »

Is there a chance we could get an option to have the game start in maximized windowed mode?
Better yet, have it remember the location and size of its window when it closes and launch as that? :P

TK_Neg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TK_Neg »

Is there a chance we could get an option to have the game start in maximized windowed mode?
I'll echo this request.

justincuster
Inserter
Inserter

Post by justincuster »

Yay! Thank you! I'm playing a railworld game right now so the train-related improvements are much appreciated.
- Justin -

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Thnx for the update.

full screen by default.
Why was that changed? Did test results from steam point out, that more then 50% of the users, uses full screen as default playing method? And so the change was done, as the intention to minimize the amount of settings to be changed before a user can play there game.?
KingIonTrueLove wrote:Is there a chance we could get an option to have the game start in maximized windowed mode?
Better yet, have it remember the location and size of its window when it closes and launch as that? :P
I would like this too, becayse se it is quite annoying to change the window position every time you start.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
  • Fullscreen is on by default.
Why exatly?
Last edited by Gergely on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Criperum
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Criperum »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Locomotive snaps to a train stop when placing the first locomotive next to the train stop.
Gods be praised!

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
[*]Fullscreen is on by default.
First thing I saw when I loaded the game after the update, I hate full screen, was about to rant. But changed the setting back to windowed, exited the game, loaded the game, and things were back to windowed during the load. Ok, I'm good. :)

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

TK_Neg wrote:
KingIonTrueLove wrote:Is there a chance we could get an option to have the game start in maximized windowed mode?
I'll echo this request.
Well, you can always just edit the executable......
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

TK_Neg wrote:
I'll echo this request.
Echo echo echo...

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Small update, but lots of work put into it nonetheless. Thank you for your hard work!

Simanova
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Simanova »

Fullscreen is on by default.
A small step for our developers, but a full step for humanity.

Vals Loeder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vals Loeder »

Thank you for another speedy update.

Hamster
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Hamster »

KingIonTrueLove wrote: Better yet, have it remember the location and size of its window when it closes and launch as that? :P
Agree on this.

Dahn94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dahn94 »

0.15.19 doesn't seem to be available for MacOS via the update server. Steam downloaded the update properly and I can manually download 0.15.19.

thanks for the update!

QGamer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by QGamer »

Yes! I find it somewhat inconvenient to have to manually maximize the window each time. Please just have the program remember your settings and launch that way so that the Fullscreen People can have fullscreen, and the Windowed People could have their window at whichever size they prefer. :D
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

j3robins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by j3robins »

I am experiencing significant slowdown with this build. Whenever I enter or exit map view the game pauses for about 5-10 seconds, renders, then pauses for another 5-10 seconds before becoming functional again.

I immediately noticed the slowdown on this build specifically. 0.15.8 was fine, but after the upgrade to 0.15.9: performance problems with entering/exiting map view.

I'd be happy to submit a report, attach a debugger, or whatever you need.

[EDIT] Log file attached (it's very small).

[EDIT 2] I think this might actually be due to running maximized. I've returned it to windowed mode and haven't seen the slowdowns since. I checked the minimum system requirements and amazingly I only have 256MB GDDR3 but I've been running on max resolution. I'm turning down the resolution in addition to running windowed and hopefully I can continue playing this wonderful game. :-)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by j3robins on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony88
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tony88 »

I also agree with these. I would like to offer two comments:

1. Many graphics cards perform better in full screen mode than windowed mode. I believe this is due to less housekeeping required in full screen.

2. Windows users can edit the properties of the shortcut to Factorio.exe to have the game start maximized. Doesn't work when the game restarts after self-updating, works otherwise.

As previously mentioned, Factorio remembering the window size and location (as well as if using full screen mode) is the best solution. The only time it may not work is if the windows screen resolution is changed.

Return to “Releases”