Version 0.15.17

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.17

Post by FactorioBot »

Graphics
  • Inserters in high resolution; normal resolution inserters are unchanged.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed some inconsistencies in programmable speaker gui (48593)
  • Fixed that headless mode wiped out controls section of config file (47950)
  • Fixed that detached roboports (e.g. after blackout) would not reset circuit network readings on number of robots (48915)
  • Fixed that active blueprint/deconstruction-planner selection did not reset when switching between game and map (48815)
  • Fixed AltGr behavior with special characters (47040)
  • Fixed that mining bar would steal mouse focus (46999)
  • Fixed the /evolution command would underflow when showing negative pollution values. (48786)
  • Fixed crash when mod-list failed to save when exiting the game. (47371)
  • Fixed game would not save at all if generating preview picture failed. (47342)
  • Fixed desync related to driving vehicles. (48826)
  • Fixed unnecessary quotes in programmable speaker note translations (48839)
  • Fixed that the bonus GUI wouldn't fit on screen with a large amount of modded content. (48755)
  • Fixed crash when closing public server. (48889)
  • Fixed that filter inserters lost their filter in tightspot campaign. (48490)
  • Fixed empty space would be rendered if glyph was missing in current font. (38937)
  • Fixed that resizing the game window while catching up after joining a multiplayer game would leave the map blank. (48947)
  • Fixed issue and desync when disconnecting one wire color of an entity connected to 2 wire colors. (48876)
  • Fixed a multiplayer crash that would happen when a player left whilst uploading their blueprint library and then rejoined the same server. (47820)
  • Fixed another issue that prevented spawners from spawning. (48931)
  • Fixed game would fail to load if max-texture-size was too low. (48985)
Modding
  • Moved the "mod-settings.json" file so it now resides in the "mods" subfolder allowing it to work with the mod-directory command line option.
  • Added support for virtual-signal migrations.
  • Inserters now require the inserter prototype property "allow_custom_vectors" to be true before they allow setting custom pickup/drop locations.
  • Font paths were moved from locale cfg to locale info.json (see core/en/info.json).
  • Changed default value of hand_length in inserter prototype to 0.75, to make inserter shadow look nicer.
Scripting
  • Fixed crash when teleporting character entities while in vehicles. (45519)
  • Fixed that character.character_maximum_following_robot_count_bonus didn't work. (48837)
  • Fixed that /help for lua commands wouldn't do parameter substitution correctly. (47382)
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::resource_categories, fluid, and pumping_speed read.
  • Added LuaEntity::previous_recipe read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::stack/allow_custom_vectors read.
  • Changed LuaEntityPrototype::speed to also work for rolling stocks.

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.17

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote:
Graphics
  • Inserters in high resolution; normal resolution inserters are unchanged.
Finally!!! :D

Edit: They look so great, I can't even remember how they used to look like!
20170601153124_1 clip.jpg
20170601153124_1 clip.jpg (143.5 KiB) Viewed 16689 times
Last edited by Gergely on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Inserters now require the inserter prototype property "allow_custom_vectors" to be true before they allow setting custom pickup/drop locations.
That's probably going to be a mod breaker for me.
(I'll probably fix it by making a loop in data-updates to add it to all inserters)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

bobingabout wrote:(I'll probably fix it by making a loop in data-updates to add it to all inserters)
That's reasonable solution :)

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

posila wrote:
bobingabout wrote:(I'll probably fix it by making a loop in data-updates to add it to all inserters)
That's reasonable solution :)
Reasonable solution is making this option is "true" by default (even if it missing), and set it to "false" for all vanilla inserters.
Another modofocatio to make live harder, like it was with tanker rotations.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

ZlovreD wrote:Reasonable solution is making it "true" by default (even if it missing), which tooks all non-vanilla inserters.
Another modding to make live harder, like it was with tanker rotations.
I was about to explain how this was done to fix a bug where importing blueprint string with modded vanilla inserters to vanilla game would make it possible to have inserters with arbitrary pickup/drop target ... and then I realized you are right, we could have defaulted it to true and set it to false for vanilla inserters explicitly. So, it is another mistake on our part. Interestingly, both these changes were done by a dev who has the biggest contribution to the modding API in the last two years.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

You could still do that for the next update :)

basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by basementjack »

Team Factorio/Wube, you are the best of the best!

So exciting to see all this progress!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Aeternus wrote:You could still do that for the next update :)
We will ... and as it happens, it might be even today :)

basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by basementjack »

fired up .17 during lunch to check out the new inserters, and the game has frozen on me. (Mac user, spinning beachball, no mods. no multiplayer.)

Action:
Load saved game, zoom in as far as possible, admire inserter, walk around, crash.
Tried a third time and didn't change zoom or position, just stood there, and it didn't crash.

There seems to be the possibility that it's tied to me highlighting the robo port, then a logistics network chest.

Screenshot attached. - the mac beachballs, factorio uses about 150% cpu, OSX shows it as non-responsive, all on screen activity freezes.

Here's a link to a screen recording video if anyone wants to see what I did just prior. https://youtu.be/xwYovn_gls0

Quick note to other mac users who experience this:
If you try to revert back to 15.16 and get an error "this application is damaged" - You may be able to resolve it on MacOS 10.12 by typing sudo xattr -cr /Applications/factorio.app in terminal.
Attachments
2017-06-01_15-26-08.jpg
2017-06-01_15-26-08.jpg (299.86 KiB) Viewed 13848 times
Last edited by basementjack on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wqcoleman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wqcoleman »

sadly, this is the third post, sorry for the redundancy.

Wasn't sure why this wasn't posting. However, when I replaced the binary and ran the test again, I got a dialogue asking to send the factorio log along with then save. So, this is both attached.
Attachments
save_material.zip
(13.43 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

wqcoleman wrote:sadly, this is the third post, sorry for the redundancy.

Wasn't sure why this wasn't posting. However, when I replaced the binary and ran the test again, I got a dialogue asking to send the factorio log along with then save. So, this is both attached.
This is the wrong place for that, make a bug report after reading the How to report a bug topic please.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

posila wrote:
ZlovreD wrote:Reasonable solution is making it "true" by default (even if it missing), which tooks all non-vanilla inserters.
Another modding to make live harder, like it was with tanker rotations.
I was about to explain how this was done to fix a bug where importing blueprint string with modded vanilla inserters to vanilla game would make it possible to have inserters with arbitrary pickup/drop target ... and then I realized you are right, we could have defaulted it to true and set it to false for vanilla inserters explicitly. So, it is another mistake on our part. Interestingly, both these changes were done by a dev who has the biggest contribution to the modding API in the last two years.
But doesn't that mean we still need to set it to false in order to avoid that bug if we don't use custom pickup/drop locations? (And does custom locations mean changing them in runtime?)
If so, I prefer leaving it as is and let the mods break in obvious way, rather then leaving the problem behind silently and hoping that no body will encounter the bug. :geek:

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

Gergely wrote: Edit: They look so great, I can't even remember how they used to look like!
The inserters look pretty good but why did you move the base of them down?

Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Martinowitsch »

The start of the game used to load in under 60 seconds, now it needs about 5 minutes to load mostly graphics. :(

The train freight option for liquids is still missing :(

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Martinowitsch wrote:The start of the game used to load in under 60 seconds, now it needs about 5 minutes to load mostly graphics. :(
I don't mind waiting a bit more to start up the game, once i'm in, i play around 10 hours :lol: :oops: What's 5 minutes in 10 hours, like 1/120th? nothing!

Keep up the good work, i realy like each HD sprite already, just the red inserter is too bright in my opinion towards the rest of the game, maybe that will change when assemblers get HD sprites as they may become brighter too? At least the contrast with the green ground is a bit too much...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Martinowitsch wrote:The start of the game used to load in under 60 seconds, now it needs about 5 minutes to load mostly graphics. :(

That sounds weird, it takes just few seconds to me. Aren't you using bambillion of mods and HR?

Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Martinowitsch »

kovarex wrote:

That sounds weird, it takes just few seconds to me. Aren't you using bambillion of mods and HR?
no mods, this evening will try to reset my options to standard and will test it renew, have no idea if i put any option with hr

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

kovarex wrote:

I've timed it, to load the vanilla game on normal it takes 1 minute and 15 seconds (avarage of 3) and to load the high resolution it takes 5 minutes 39 (avarage of 5)

I think it's a lot longer to load the HR, even when not everything is in high resolution yet... I don't think I have a crapy computer, as I run a decent base at 60ups without issues (read as, I try to make a megabase)
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Even for me, loading takes about a minute with HR turned on.

And I have a M.2 SSD primary, and a WD Black HDD secondary (Factorio is on the HDD)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Releases”