Version 0.15.17

Information about releases and roadmap.
posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.15.17

Post by posila »

For me, vanilla 0.15.18 on Steam takes 23 seconds to load if it has to create crop cache, or 15 seconds when crop cache already exists.
I suggest to create a thread in bug reports and people who have this abnormally long loading startup time should post their log there.

Bartimaeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bartimaeus »

It happens to me too ... wasnt so bad before 0.15 ... but I understand that creating a crop-cache takes a while ...
The problem is more apparent now that new version roll out so quickly as ... every time there is a new version it requires recreation of a crop-cache...
first start after update takes me 1m20s .... further starts take only 20-25s

Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Martinowitsch »

i deactivated mip-mapping and set video memory on medium
also im playing with graphic and ui as standard and without textur-compression

the last start needed about 4 min, where the loading bar needed from about 60 to 90% about 2:30 min

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

posila wrote:... takes 23 seconds to load if it has to create crop cache, or 15 seconds when crop cache already exists. ...
Please can you explain in other words what is crop cache? I am not strong in programming and Google (with or without translater) can't help me :(

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

It's the file %appdata%/factorio/crop-cache.dat

The game calculates what images it needs to match your graphics settings (which can take a long time), then stores them in that file to make startup faster next time.

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

DaveMcW wrote:It's the file %appdata%/factorio/crop-cache.dat

The game calculates what images it needs to match your graphics settings (which can take a long time), then stores them in that file to make startup faster next time.
Thanks!
Because of my crop-cache.dat filesize 990 KB I see that not images are stored but links to image-files in the game-directory. Am I right?
And this file updates everytime when I change graphic-settings in the game, right?

Return to “Releases”