Version 0.15.15

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.15

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed desync related to loading pre 0.15.14 save with beacons marked for deconstruction without resaving it first.
  • Fixed that spawners would sometimes stop spawning units even when polluted. (46805)
  • Fixed crash when changing assembling machine recipe. (48600)
  • Fixed crash that would happen after clicking a button in the tech tree. (48609)
Scripting
  • Fixed crash when creating smoke entity through create-entity trigger effect. (48598)
  • Added Entity::update_connections. It updates connection of loader and beacon to entities that might have been teleported out or in. The effect might include more things later on.

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.15

Post by nemostein »

You guys are the best!
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

Futrax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Futrax »

Wow, you guys are faast! :shock:

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Did something change in your pre-release internal testing routines before release of 0.15.14? I have hardly ever had this game crash before on previous versions. It has really been surprisingly stable for me even in these experimental versions. But I had several different ways to crash to desktop on that one. (didnt try this very latest version yet) I think 0.15.14 crashed for me at least in 3 or 4 different and seemingly unrelated ways. (only reported the one that I could reproduce though.) Though it may be luck or coincidence... but 0.15.14 seemed to have relatively large amount of bugs that caused crashing to desktop. Or were all these crashing bugs somehow related?

Good job fixing them nasties. Here´s hoping that´s the most of them bad ones fixed!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Mendel wrote:Did something change in your pre-release internal testing routines before release of 0.15.14?
¨
It is curse of Friday releases. Sadly we don't have test for throwing poison capsules ... yet.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

The changelog doesn't contain anything about poison capsules - was the fix really in this version? The answer in the bug report thread also says 0.15.15. Is the changelog not complete?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Nova wrote:The changelog doesn't contain anything about poison capsules - was the fix really in this version? The answer in the bug report thread also says 0.15.15. Is the changelog not complete?
It's this one
Fixed crash when creating smoke entity through create-entity trigger effect. (48598)
The bug report was heavily modded and I didn't know at the time it will crash also poison capsule, so I put it under scripting. We were already deploying when poison capsule reports started to come in (or when I noticed them).

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Just tried new version and poison capsules do not crash the game anymore :) Yea, that was probably fastest I have ever seen a dev fix a bug :) Even if it was fixed already before I reported it.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Okay, thank you, posila. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

FallenPaladin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FallenPaladin »

Having problems downloading the MS Windows (64 zip package) version of the game. It only downloads about 13mb, and haha I know it's bigger than that.

NVM, it's fixed... ignore me...
- Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

ImageImage

wwdragon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by wwdragon »

FallenPaladin wrote:Having problems downloading the MS Windows (64 zip package) version of the game. It only downloads about 13mb, and haha I know it's bigger than that.

NVM, it's fixed... ignore me...
same one did the same thing for me.
Tried again and now the proper 600+ megabytes.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

did you chance something about bitters?

Almost lost my base after patch, bigger groups atacking now more often... :/

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170527/gipdl29k.jpg

Guess i have to finish my wall now. Hope i can make the bitters pay it :p

korenchkin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by korenchkin »

Seems to be this bugfix:
Fixed that spawners would sometimes stop spawning units even when polluted. (46805)
I had to downgrade and clear out a large circle around my base to avoid getting overrun instantaneously from four different directions.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Fixed that spawners would sometimes stop spawning units even when polluted. (46805)
I think that's it : I thought I managed the biters well too, but it was before someone realized that they forgot to spawn XD.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

korenchkin wrote:Seems to be this bugfix:
I had to downgrade and clear out a large circle around my base to avoid getting overrun instantaneously from four different directions.
ah, this. ok. some of them spawn and atack, but not many as now :)
*hmpf*
ok, will ask a friend later join multiplayer and kill some nests. cant leave my 'town' alone right now for longer time and drive my tank :/

but nice challange :)

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Fixed that spawners would sometimes stop spawning units even when polluted. (46805)
That was some balance change/fix :o - my base is now constantly assailed by huge phalanxes of biters, I had to do some emergency upgrades to defences or I would have lost a 160 hour base.

Biter spawners in pollution are now constantly pushing attack columns at me. I could take out the bases but I know that they will just keep resettling there and troll my game. So now that you have "fixed" the spawners you now need to fix the rates. Either :-

1. Turn down biter attack spawning by polluted bases.

2. Prevent biters settling in polluted territory.

I don't know which is the best answer as I would still like the attacks to happen as defending against them is part of the game IMHO. But I am concerned that the present almost constant rate will adversely affect UPS.

Please prioritise this fix - now excuse me I'm going back to playing Factorio so my lasers can rack up a few hundred thousand biter kills - Ciao :D

PS - some of the attacks are so big the phalanx seems to lock up and stop advancing for a while - ie they are too big for the games own game code to handle :lol:

PPS - Ahh now I understand - the biters are trying to gatecrash your 1 million sales party .....

Chessmaster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chessmaster »

Another step towards the stable release.
Thanks guys!

Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Martinowitsch »

AcolyteOfRocket wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Fixed that spawners would sometimes stop spawning units even when polluted. (46805)
That was some balance change/fix :o - my base is now constantly assailed by huge phalanxes of biters, I had to do some emergency upgrades to defences or I would have lost a 160 hour base.

Biter spawners in pollution are now constantly pushing attack columns at me. I could take out the bases but I know that they will just keep resettling there and troll my game. So now that you have "fixed" the spawners you now need to fix the rates. Either :-

1. Turn down biter attack spawning by polluted bases.

I don't know which is the best answer as I would still like the attacks to happen as defending against them is part of the game IMHO. But I am concerned that the present almost constant rate will adversely affect UPS.

Please prioritise this fix - now excuse me I'm going back to playing Factorio so my lasers can rack up a few hundred thousand biter kills - Ciao :D

PS - some of the attacks are so big the phalanx seems to lock up and stop advancing for a while - ie they are too big for the games own game code to handle :lol:

PPS - Ahh now I understand - the biters are trying to gatecrash your 1 million sales party .....
Or you expand your territory, move your defences outside of your pollution. Then they will only attack to try expanding there bases.

Have to do this with my map also, every few minutes there are biter attacks and i have to run from one end to another to expand my defences. Without robos this is very heavy work :( Luckily i have allready developed an expanded railway network.
My next steps have to be build robos and laser defences.

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

AcolyteOfRocket wrote:
This, i think, is the reasonable answer.
It never made sense why biters would colonize into pollution, when they hate it so much. Just turn the colonizers into attackers instead of letting them 'settle down'.

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

Martinowitsch wrote: Or you expand your territory, move your defences outside of your pollution. Then they will only attack to try expanding there bases.

Have to do this with my map also, every few minutes there are biter attacks and i have to run from one end to another to expand my defences. Without robos this is very heavy work :( Luckily i have allready developed an expanded railway network.
My next steps have to be build robos and laser defences.
Thats a good point, I do have a wall that is relatively quiet because there is no development near it - of course I was planning to put some stuff there....

But the idea of needing a larger perimeter for a given size of base strikes me as a step backward for the game - combat is not factorio's strong suit and making us do more of it to secure territory is a bit of a let down. Its not that I don't have the bullets, bots and bombs, I do have lots of them. But its boring and cannot be automated.

This is why in other threads I have been pushing for automated artillery. But with 0.15 making oil cheap and plentiful I can't see the devs giving us guns that only need oil products and a bit of steel as ammo and letting us use it to shell out to max radar range :(

EDIT: for some reason the attacks from the polluted areas have died down - they still happen, but not at the crazy rate that happened earlier - looks like there was some mechanism wound up and now that it has released the attacks build up more slowly (relatively, I still need a solid wall of lasers to stop them).

Return to “Releases”