Version 0.15.14

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.14

Post by FactorioBot »

Optimisations
  • Optimised beacon update times which helps especially when the power is not full and it fluctuates.
Changes
  • Added support for using username and password for proxy connections.
  • Changed technology sorting. All of the science pack types affect the order, not just the most expensive one. (48448)
  • Leading and trainling whitespaces will be trimmed from host name or IP address entered to Direct Connect multiplayer dialog. (48489)
  • Electric network info window shows all connected entities in the list and the graph even when they have 0 consuption/production. This means, that the count of entities connected to the network is shown even if they don't consume or produce.
  • Electric poles that have 0 consumption as well as 0 production show empty electricity graph instead of full. (48513)
Bugfixes
  • Keypad enter is treated as regular enter (47100)
  • All buttons apart the inventory/recipe/crafting queue and item selection slot react on mouse click instead of just mouse down.
  • Fixed that mining drills would continue to insert into entities when moved far away. (48332)
  • Fixed that right click and drag in the blueprint setup GUI didn't work to remove things from the blueprint. (48354)
  • Fixed that blueprint icons couldn't be removed with right click. (48354)
  • Fixed that right-clicking items in the crafting queue didn't work to cancel 5.
  • Fixed window being created slightly offscreen on certain resolutions. (45998)
  • Fixed that the edit field for a blueprint book would get reset when bots delivered items to the player. (47498)
  • Fixed that inserter facing north was slower compared to other directions. (9141)
  • Fixed that the solaris achievement ignored usage of steam-turbines. (48429)
  • Fixed that setting logistic requests didn't work in the map editor. (48432)
  • Fixed crash after dropping a blueprint into a book inside the blueprint library. (48518)
  • Fixed loading blueprint library from before 0.15.4 might crash. (48506)
  • Fixed a crash related to changing the rail system when signals get disconnected from blocks. (48555)
  • Fixed that furnaces and assembling machines weren't rotatable with heat pipe connection. (48574)
  • Fixed crash when using --load-game with an error in a mod. (48550)
Modding
  • Fixed reading LuaCommandProcessor::commands when one of the help keys was empty. (48032)
  • Fixed that disabled mods could change the mod event order.
Scripting
  • Fixed changing force of lab ghost would cause desync.
  • Added LuaCustomGuiElement type "text-box".

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.14

Post by keyboardhack »

• Optimised beacon update times which helps especially when the power is not full and it fluctuates.
  • Electric network info window shows all connected entities in the list and the graph even when they have 0 consuption/production. This means, that the count of entities connected to the network is shown even if they don't consume or produce.
These two things are especially awesome!
Waste of bytes : P

WhiteFang34
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WhiteFang34 »

My free service to run a Factorio server now automatically detects new releases. This version was available within 5 minutes of it being posted.
Free service to run your headless server at https://factorio.zone

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Escadin »

Thanks for the bug fixes and optimization. Geniuenly appreciated!

However, I cannot help but wonder what happened to "we're going to release more hd textures during the beta as they ready up" (paraphrasing)? Did I missunderstand that part?
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Escadin wrote:Thanks for the bug fixes and optimization. Geniuenly appreciated!

However, I cannot help but wonder what happened to "we're going to release more hd textures during the beta as they ready up" (paraphrasing)? Did I missunderstand that part?
we have received a couple already. I guess the focus is just more on bugfixing than anything else right now.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Escadin wrote:Thanks for the bug fixes and optimization. Geniuenly appreciated!

Well, I guess, if they would have something finished already, they might have put it into this patch. On the other hand, they might have changed plans and just release all at once. Who knows? :)
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

gghf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gghf »

After today's update, my game crashed. I got an error dialogue, telling me to give you my log and game save. I have no idea exactly what caused the crash.

Log and Save: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nfpptxbfzwuv ... HSgMa?dl=0

Mods: RSO, Squeak Through, Nanobots: Early Bots, Autofill, Bottleneck, Upgrade Builder and Planner

I'll also add the dxdiag to the files.

Edit 1: For me at least, this crash is 100% repeatable. In this case, it's caused by the Nanobots mod and will crash the game every time I get close to a ghost it wants to revive. Others say the same happens with any deconstructions using the nanobots of this mod.

Edit 2: The .15.15 hotfix fixed the issue. No more crashes and Nanobots is re-enabled.
Last edited by gghf on Fri May 26, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

I'm getting very reproducable crashes as well. I'll try to upload my stuff.

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

gghf wrote:After today's update, my game crashed. I got an error dialogue, telling me to give you my log and game save. I have no idea exactly what caused the crash.

Log and Save: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nfpptxbfzwuv ... HSgMa?dl=0

Mods: RSO, Squeak Through, Nanobots: Early Bots, Autofill, Bottleneck, Upgrade Builder and Planner

I'll also add the dxdiag to the files.
Better make a report in the bug report section. It might not get picked up properly here.

Manron
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Manron »

FactorioBot wrote:
[*]Fixed that inserter facing north was slower compared to other directions. (9141)
finally, after more than 2 years this gets fixed! Thanks! 8-)

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Code: Select all

Fixed that right click and drag in the blueprint setup GUI didn't work to remove things from the blueprint. 
Fixed that blueprint icons couldn't be removed with right click.
Thank the heavens. This was annoying the crap out of me.

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leoch »

boro wrote:I'm getting very reproducable crashes as well. I'll try to upload my stuff.
Wasn't just me then. Trying to build rails in my case, and got "Invalid pan value (error code: 255)" printed a lot on the console.

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tamanous »

Awesome. Thanks a lot!

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

Holy crap! The way that north facing inserter bug got fixed is epic as hell! :D

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Any info if there is a hotfix planned - it seems that this version is pretty crashy?

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=48615#p281562
posila wrote:Thanks for the report.
Hotfix 0.15.15 is on the way.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

very happy to see the click-drag in blueprint creation was fixed, thats been causing me a lot of headache the last couple days as almost all ive been doing is building up/revising personal libraries.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48623&p=281634#p281634
No idea what is going on, but this is very odd. 2 save games from 2 seconds apart, 1 crashes, the other doesn't.

I can't remember why I even did that.
I also have a Patreon.

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

FactorioBot wrote:Optimised beacon update times which helps especially when the power is not full and it fluctuates.
So is this what's causing my beacons to consume all of the power even when there are no modules in them?

They always used to be stationary and not consume power when there were no modules. Now my base draws 350MW just from empty beacons!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

xBlizzDevious wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Optimised beacon update times which helps especially when the power is not full and it fluctuates.
So is this what's causing my beacons to consume all of the power even when there are no modules in them?

They always used to be stationary and not consume power when there were no modules. Now my base draws 350MW just from empty beacons!
sounds broken. did you report it in the bug reporting forum?
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Releases”