Information about releases and roadmap.
xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.14

Post by xBlizzDevious »

bobingabout wrote:
xBlizzDevious wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Optimised beacon update times which helps especially when the power is not full and it fluctuates.
So is this what's causing my beacons to consume all of the power even when there are no modules in them?

They always used to be stationary and not consume power when there were no modules. Now my base draws 350MW just from empty beacons!
sounds broken. did you report it in the bug reporting forum?
Nope. As long as someone agrees with me I guess it's worth posting on the bugs forum.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

xBlizzDevious wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Optimised beacon update times which helps especially when the power is not full and it fluctuates.
So is this what's causing my beacons to consume all of the power even when there are no modules in them?

They always used to be stationary and not consume power when there were no modules. Now my base draws 350MW just from empty beacons!
Yes, beacons consume power all the time now. What do you need empty beacons for anyway?

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

kovarex wrote:
xBlizzDevious wrote:

Yes, beacons consume power all the time now. What do you need empty beacons for anyway?

For designing large bases when I haven't quite gotten around to filling them up. Not a major issue, just something that I noticed because my base was basically in shut-down when I updated.
I was building new smeltery areas with beacons - they were all empty and off before the update and suddenly they were on and drawing power afterwards while still empty! It confused me a bit.

I'm fine with the change, just had to get used to it.

Return to “Releases”