Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.13

Post by Floaf »

basementjack wrote:
Floaf wrote:
basementjack wrote:@kovarex
Gameplay rationale:
Prior to .15, Players used coal (High effort/maintenance) then solar (zero maintenance) Since solar works forever for free, once the player has automated it's components, it's pretty easy to just use solar to power everything - forever.
I have a total of 32 nuclear reactors powering my factory...
#1 Floaf, your factory sounds amazing!
#2 Thanks for chiming in.
Generally speaking, I'm newish to factorio, I've spent ~70 hours on the .15 branch.
You have good points and the only counter I think I could make is that there will be players like myself that enjoy the game but don't have a goal of producing a mega factory. In that play scenario, there wasn't incentive for me to build nuclear, and it would be cool if there was something tied to that in game play, to give me reason to use it.
Just as a reference, the image below shows the amount of solar (the big blue parts) needed to run the old factory. But yes, if you don't build big then you don't run into this problem. But on the other hand, why not try nuclear anyway? It's a Little bit more complex and that makes you warm inside when you have figured it out :-D And if you set it up properly and have a uranium ore patch that contains 10M+, it will last forever so it is kind of maintenencefree too :-)
Attachments
Skärmklipp3.PNG
Skärmklipp3.PNG (136.75 KiB) Viewed 4876 times

basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by basementjack »

Floaf wrote:
Just as a reference, the image below shows the amount of solar (the big blue parts) needed to run the old factory....

MY GOODNESS that is a LOT of solar - Clearly I am doing things wrong!
Any idea how many hours to get to that point? I have 70 on mine and my factory and solar are nowhere near as large.

- Jack

Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Martinowitsch »

mbritb wrote:I could've sworn you could right click, hold, and drag to remove items. I also thought you could right click one of the items under "components" and it would remove all that item from the BP. It's not doing either of those anymore. anyone else notice this? Or has it never done it and I'm just trippin'?!
Right click on the map remove builds from the map, when you hold control and left click you can remove all items from an chest, with shift + left click you remove halv of the amount in an chest. An right click with out anything else halves the stack in an chest.

Floaf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Floaf »

basementjack wrote:
Floaf wrote:
Just as a reference, the image below shows the amount of solar (the big blue parts) needed to run the old factory....

MY GOODNESS that is a LOT of solar - Clearly I am doing things wrong!
Any idea how many hours to get to that point? I have 70 on mine and my factory and solar are nowhere near as large.

- Jack
A few hundred hours i Think. I use a Blueprint with roboports so I can Place large fields of solar Arrays and the robots build them for me. That makes it quite Quick to Place but takes a lot of time Before it is finnished but this is factorio, you should not do things by hand anyway :-)

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Do you not have accumulators in there? They usually show up as white in the map view -- or is a mod changing the appearance?
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Floaf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Floaf »

Mr. Tact wrote:Do you not have accumulators in there? They usually show up as white in the map view -- or is a mod changing the appearance?
No mod affecting accumulators as far as i know, and yes, they are mixed in with the solar panels in (almost) perfect ratio (whatever that is, I looked it up, created a Blueprint, placed it like 1000 times and forgot it :-) ).
Now i see, when i wait some time the map in the old save is updated!
Attachments
Skärmklipp4.PNG
Skärmklipp4.PNG (147.85 KiB) Viewed 4684 times

Floaf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Floaf »

And for reference, that amount of solar Power handle about 600 MW of continous consumption.
The by far smaller nuclear powerplant below generates 1,1 GW and i need four of those in my current factory. So yes, nuclear Power do have it's Place in this game :-)
Attachments
Skärmklipp5.PNG
Skärmklipp5.PNG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 4681 times

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

It's hard to tell how "pulled out" you are on the screen shot, but if all it will handle is 1.1 GW of continuous use, it is smaller than I was guessing. :mrgreen:
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

robertpaulson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by robertpaulson »

Am i the only one concerned with the below?
Removed LuaPlayer::cursor_position.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

robertpaulson wrote:Am i the only one concerned with the below?
Removed LuaPlayer::cursor_position.
Why would you be concerned?

Return to “Releases”