Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.10

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Added rail block debug visualization.
  • Increased maximum wire distance of all circuit connectable entities from 7.5 to 9.
  • Steam is now internally a separate fluid from hot water.
  • Coal liquefaction recipe now requires steam instead of water.
  • Terrain, shadow and smoke sprites are sorted into separate sprite atlases in attempt to optimize GPU memory access during rendering.
Graphics
  • Added burner mining drill in high resolution and replaced the normal resolution version.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed speed-module-3 recipe typo. (46820)
  • Fixed downgrading underground belts by fast replace would not work for even if output piece was close enough. (46595)
  • Fixed that robots trying to repair each other wouldn't work correctly. (46628)
  • More understandable description current level of technologies that have multiple levels merged into one slot in the technology gui.
  • Fixed crash that would happen when loading old modded saves in vanilla Factorio. (46642)
  • Fixed that it wasn't possible to fast-transfer blueprints to other players. (46178)
  • Fixed that hitting rocks with vehicles made no sound. (45888)
  • Fixed blueprint preview icons scaling and size to be consistent across all places they're shown. (45021)
  • Fixed that you couldn't delete blueprints from your trash slots. (46903)
  • Fixed that storage tanks used 4 directions although visually only showed 2 so they would conflict in blueprints. (46900)
  • Fixed crash when loading blueprint storage while also migrating save files. (46910)
  • Fixed a useless error when locale isn't correct for a scenario. (46909)
  • Fixed possible desync related to inserter circuit network stack size control.
  • Fixed that multiple passengers in a train could result in erratic behavior when trying to drive. (35810)
  • Fixed that manually inserting the satellite into the silo when auto-launch is enabled wouldn't launch the rocket. (46610)
  • Fixed crash when killing yourself with your own weapon. (46984)
  • Fixed F12 might freeze or crash the game. (46790)
  • Fixed circuit network controlled rail signal sometimes not going red when building rails. (43839)
  • Fixed crash when starting tutorial at the same tick as autosave starts. (45701)
  • Fixed that it wasn't possible to scroll the active blueprint in a blueprint book if the scroll bar was visible. (45898)
  • Fixed crash when exiting some modded games. (47037)
  • Fixed that Factorio wouldn't keep file permissions when saving a map. (46442)
  • Fixed that the blueprint library wouldn't remember the player filter after opening a book. (45932)
  • Fixed that player names in the blueprint library weren't sorted. (45920)
  • Fixed the blueprint book tooltips would flicker when your inventory changed. (47064)
  • Fixed desync when catching up.
  • Fixed desync when adding/removing blueprints to blueprint books in some cases. (46719)
  • Fixed some crashes related to loading invalid combinator parameters. (46500)
Modding
  • The game will now detect when joining a multiplayer game if any mods you're using are broken such that joining the game could result in desyncing.
  • Fixed that exiting the mod settings GUI without changing anything would incorrectly think you changed settings in some cases. (46478)
  • Fixed crash when loading mods control.lua produces an error. (46009)
  • Added favourite server icon to utility sprites. (46059)
  • Added a global table "mods" - a mapping of mod name to mod version available during the prototype loading stage.
Scripting
  • Fixed some missing Lua docs and added information about the settings stage to the data life cycle. (44918)
  • Fixed crash when trying to create stickers on entities that don't support them. (46334)
  • Fixed that LuaGuiElement::surface_index was using 0-based indexing. (46502)
  • Fixed that LuaEntity::graphics_variation was using 0-based indexing. (46762)
  • Fixed that LuaItemStack::active_index was using 0-based indexing. (46963)
  • Fixed rendering of layered icons in custom GUI. (45926)
  • Added "item" and "tags" to the robot built entity/tile events.
  • Added LuaEquipment::burner read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::crafting_categories read.
  • Added support for setting 'tags' and 'custom_description' when making items through Lua.
  • Added LuaBurner::burnt_result_inventory read.
  • Added LuaInserterControlBehavior stack size read/write.
  • Added LuaTrainStopControlBehavior enable/disable conditions.
  • Added LuaTransportBeltControlBehavior enable_disable, read_contents, read_contents_mode read/write.
  • Added LuaTrain::id read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::supply_area_distance read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::max_wire_distance read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::max_circuit_wire_distance read.

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

deef0000dragon1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.10

Post by deef0000dragon1 »

Edit: wrong place for this comment. searched the suggestion forums and it is planed for 0.16 anyway.

Considering that it can detect mod discrepancies, would it be possible to have a button that says "automatically reconfigure and relaunch" or something that would check, download and turn on/off the necessary mods to be on the server, and then relaunch with those mods, immediately to the log in screen of the server?
Last edited by deef0000dragon1 on Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimanper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dimanper »

Just a little reminder for everyone with (water < N) in their nuclear reactor setups: don't forget to change it to steam to not waste any fuel cells. I already wasted some...

CaptainHook
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainHook »

Awesome. Do you guys plan to add most of the high res graphics during the 0.15 polishing phase, or is it going to come all at once with 0.16? I remember I read something about HD terrain barely not making it, so hoping to see it before the 0.16. Great job with fixing the bugs by the way.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Why... Why Steam for the Coal Liquefication... some people are already complaining that it requires Heavy Oil to get the process started... and now it requires you to burn even more coal (or whatever) in boilers or nuclear power to keep the process going?

yura881
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yura881 »

Coal liquefaction recipe now requires steam instead of water.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

akynaston
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by akynaston »

Man, I'm addicted to this game all over again. Thanks for the bot fix; I'm looking forward to checking out the visualization for the rail debugging.

CaptainHook
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainHook »

MeduSalem wrote:Why... Why Steam for the Coal Liquefication... some people are already complaining that it requires Heavy Oil to get the process started... and now it requires you to burn even more coal (or whatever) in boilers or nuclear power to keep the process going?
I personally like the change, you can always just use the normal crude oil recipe if you dont think this one is worth it though.

rkfg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rkfg »

You can bring steam with a train from the base and there's a lot of steam when using nuclear power. Not really a problem.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Does this mean that using preheated steam from boilers in heat exchangers doesn't work anymore?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

kinnom wrote:Does this mean that using preheated steam from boilers in heat exchangers doesn't work anymore?
I'm in the process of testing it...

[Edit]

Nope, it's broken. Doesn't work anymore due to fluid collision problems as I expected. My entire power plant is wrecked.

Well... fuck it.

On a side note that's it, that's all the disappointments I can take for a major version. See you guys around 0.16.
Last edited by MeduSalem on Wed May 10, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

321freddy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by 321freddy »

MeduSalem wrote:Why... Why Steam for the Coal Liquefication... some people are already complaining that it requires Heavy Oil to get the process started... and now it requires you to burn even more coal (or whatever) in boilers or nuclear power to keep the process going?
I don't think it's that bad. You need coal and water for coal liquification anyways so using a boiler just before the steam input fits nicely. On top of that it discourages building bases powered by solar only which definitely makes things more interesting.

Immun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Immun »

started my steam client just before after one day of not playing :roll: and checked for a new release because i tought you guys will have a ton of new things done for sure. did not checked properly and tought - ok still 0.15.9 i started my save and alarm went on from my steam tanks. damn took me that long to figure it out because i never tought about the "wrong" water Icon :D when i spotted it i immediately checked again the ingame changelog and smiled - cool - i love it! great work in total....So long and thanks for all the fish :D

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

It's strange.. all non vanilla entities with pipes can't be rotated to up and right direction.
Another hidden changes in prototipes ?

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Added burner mining drill in high resolution and replaced the normal resolution version.
Strangely enough, that's the entity HD version I was looking forward the most. It's one of the first you see after all, even if you don't use it for long. So it's fine, but the screw looks strange where it penetrates ground. Wouldn't it be possible to "cheat" a little with particles or anything to give the impresssion it actually mines the ground, and not just disappear ?

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

ZlovreD wrote:It's strange.. all non vanilla entities with pipes can't be rotated to up and right direction.
Indeed...

Code: Select all

two_direction_only = true
In Storage-Tank prototype...

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

ZlovreD wrote:
ZlovreD wrote:It's strange.. all non vanilla entities with pipes can't be rotated to up and right direction.
Indeed...

Code: Select all

two_direction_only = true
In Storage-Tank prototype...
That was because of this.

"I've changed storage tanks so they always build in north or east directions."

EDIT: It's in the changelog too "Fixed that storage tanks used 4 directions although visually only showed 2 so they would conflict in blueprints."
Last edited by MasterBuilder on Wed May 10, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Lord_Sprit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lord_Sprit »

They changed the font used in factorio? I think is smaller and hurts my eyes.

seriously, is thinner the font of menus and buttons. It hurt me a lot I cant read it.
Last edited by Lord_Sprit on Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Dimanper wrote:Just a little reminder for everyone with (water < N) in their nuclear reactor setups: don't forget to change it to steam to not waste any fuel cells. I already wasted some...
Yes, just returned from fixing "brain" logic of my power plant to note this thing :D This is pretty surprise at 100+ hour of game. Hope I didn't forgot to change water to steam somewhere... :?

AmpNoise
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AmpNoise »

321freddy wrote:
I don't think it's that bad. You need coal and water for coal liquification anyways so using a boiler just before the steam input fits nicely. On top of that it discourages building bases powered by solar only which definitely makes things more interesting.
I totally agree, exclusively using solar is too much of a set it and forget it way to play for me, half of the fun is tearing down and rebuilding, and trying new layouts. As far as Coal liquefaction needing a kick start with heavy and now needing steam, I think it makes for more of a progression, which is why it comes later than standard and advanced oil processing.

And lets not forget that we're playing an experimental build, the idea is to fix bugs and try new things. Builds are almost guaranteed to change or break.

Return to “Releases”