Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.9

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

posila wrote:
sebastian wrote:
posila wrote:
sebastian wrote:Only downgrade to 0.15.6 possible => other savegame of same map some hours ago, same mods => UPS is ~ 55
What is that same save in 0.15.9? (Not the save with few more hours of factory building on it)
The same savegame in 0.15.9 is ~ 17 UPS.
That is massive difference. Thanks for the save and mods, I see similar results on my computer. We will look into that.
Is anything know about this bug? Will it be fixed in v0.15.10?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Speadge wrote:I think the "noise effect" in mapview-zoom is way to low now. can i change it somewhere?

I often take the mapview for normal and forget to leave it. Would be nice if i could change it to a little bit more.
In data/core/graphics/shaders/zoom-to-world.glsl, multiply the return value of getnoise3() with some factor like 2 or 4 or whatever looks good for you.
(No idea about the DirectX version)
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

prg wrote:
Speadge wrote:I think the "noise effect" in mapview-zoom is way to low now. can i change it somewhere?

I often take the mapview for normal and forget to leave it. Would be nice if i could change it to a little bit more.
In data/core/graphics/shaders/zoom-to-world.glsl, multiply the return value of getnoise3() with some factor like 2 or 4 or whatever looks good for you.
(No idea about the DirectX version)
Or you can make a mod that modifies data.raw["utility-constants"].default.zoom_to_world_effect_strength
But we will change the effect probably even before 0.15 is stable.

_Hertz_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by _Hertz_ »

I think the underground belt length change is just caving in to the community wanting to make the game easier.

First off, it makes your early designs feel worthless as the game progresses. When you start off you have yellow belts, inserters and assembly machines 1. Over time you can place red or blue belts down, fast inserters and assembly machines 2 & 3 to increase the production speed of a design. Having longer underground belts makes me feel obligated to use them which means ripping up a design and reworking it very early on ( once you get red belts ) as oppose to just upgrading the pieces mentioned earlier. I know, you can just make the red and blue underground belts go 4 underground spaces, which is what i am doing, in hopes that this change is reverted.

Second, there is no long handed stack inserter. I think this is fine, there shouldn't be. It makes you arrange your design in a way where the lower throughput items use this type of inserter. I think the same concept can be used here. Have a separate long distance underground belt that runs at slower speed, maybe yellow belt speed. That way you have a trade-off. I can go underground 9 spaces but it is going to cost me half the throughput, just like a long handed inserter can input items at a longer distance but it costs you throughput with the lower stack size.

Codemaster
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Codemaster »

_Hertz_ wrote:...
I totally agree with what _Hertz_ said.
Increasing the length like that was not a good idea. :?

porcupine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by porcupine »

Codemaster wrote:
I'm going to counter, and disagree in that case :D

Longer belts, that require more resource inputs aren't a bad thing. By the time you have blue belts, you already have a logistics network.

This encourages people to actually use more belts, as opposed to "requester and supplier chests for everything, I'm done" IMHO.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

porcupine wrote:
Codemaster wrote:
I'm going to counter, and disagree in that case :D

Longer belts, that require more resource inputs aren't a bad thing. By the time you have blue belts, you already have a logistics network.

This encourages people to actually use more belts, as opposed to "requester and supplier chests for everything, I'm done" IMHO.
I agree. Having faster belts that otherwise function the same does not make them competitive against bots and logistics. Bots can fly straight and go faster with research. Belts have set speeds and nearly always have to go around whatever you've place because there belt won't reach to the other side of what you have placed. Having longer belts opens the areas where they can be used.

Return to “Releases”