Version 0.15.7

Information about releases and roadmap.
Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.7

Post by Mr. Tact »

One more vote for 5, 8, 11 on the undergrounds...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Put my vote in too for 5,8,11! Did the math for the new recipe cost.

Red UG would need increased, again, to 50 gears.
Blue UG can be left at 80 gears. That is 23.1 iron per tile while blue belt is 21.5. The 0.15.8 cost per tile was a little high (25.8 iron per tile) but with the new length it evens out more to the original pre-0.15.7 value of 22.9 iron per tile.

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ober3550 »

credomane wrote:Put my vote in too for 5,8,11! Did the math for the new recipe cost.

Red UG would need increased, again, to 50 gears.
Blue UG can be left at 80 gears. That is 23.1 iron per tile while blue belt is 21.5. The 0.15.8 cost per tile was a little high (25.8 iron per tile) but with the new length it evens out more to the original pre-0.15.7 value of 22.9 iron per tile.
I don't want the lengths to change. All current designs use the 4 wide bus belts but undergrounds on the bus aren't the only reason to use them. Yes you get full cost effectiveness if you have the belts at full length however using the underground trick on production outputs isn't viable if you need faster belts. Half of the time you don't need the full length of a normal underground let alone the super expensive ones. I dislike it purely because it increases the cost proportionally to theoretical usage not practical.

Tym
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tym »

unless the upgrade works dramatically differently than other upgrades, an increase in the possible length of an underground shouldn't affect the actual length of an already placed underground.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Tym wrote:unless the upgrade works dramatically differently than other upgrades, an increase in the possible length of an underground shouldn't affect the actual length of an already placed underground.
People are concerned that they're devoting extra resources to creating faster underground belts when they're not actually going to utilize the added length.

I guess I understand it, but I don't personally pay attention to that sort of thing.

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

5thHorseman wrote:
Tym wrote:unless the upgrade works dramatically differently than other upgrades, an increase in the possible length of an underground shouldn't affect the actual length of an already placed underground.
People are concerned that they're devoting extra resources to creating faster underground belts when they're not actually going to utilize the added length.

I guess I understand it, but I don't personally pay attention to that sort of thing.
Same here. To me it's nice to have the possibilities for when I need them and I already use so many resources for infrastructure that this won't make much difference.

Zaka
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zaka »

An interesting approach to the problem might be to create underground belts the same as surface belts, 1 piece at a time.

This way your would "pay by the square" for the length that you use and items would be removed from inventory based on the total belt length.

Ascii art:

>> = 2 belt lengths
>=> = 3 belt lengths
>====> = 6 belt lengths (standard yellow)

Cost for construction can be based on belt type and max length can be based on belt color. If it were handled this way you would only pay for what you use.

Steelsky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Steelsky »

Zaka wrote:An interesting approach to the problem might be to create underground belts the same as surface belts, 1 piece at a time.

This way your would "pay by the square" for the length that you use and items would be removed from inventory based on the total belt length.

Ascii art:

>> = 2 belt lengths
>=> = 3 belt lengths
>====> = 6 belt lengths (standard yellow)

Cost for construction can be based on belt type and max length can be based on belt color. If it were handled this way you would only pay for what you use.
Thinking further in this the underground belts could be made with the 3 tiers of stone/brick/concrete we already have to explain why it's able to reach further underground.

/S

Vulkandrache
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vulkandrache »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Fixed that the technology multiplier didn't apply on infinite research. (45079)

How do i unfix this without going back versions?

After the release of the "infinite research" stuff i came back to play for a while.
Since i personaly think research is way too fast in this game i like to play with 10-20 times multiplier.
Now we have that funtionality even without mods.
Back then was pleasently surprised to find that the infinite research wasnt getting the increase in price and i thought:
"Hey, someone thought about this and did the half-sensible thing." The sensible thing would be a choice wether infinite also gets affected.
But no, turns out its a "bug".
I want both, the experience that my choices of what to research when actually matters and the feeling of progress once it gets to the endgame.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

This will need to be modded I guess
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

VFaalcatnodriiro
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by VFaalcatnodriiro »

Code: Select all

/c game.difficulty_settings.technology_price_multiplier = 1
I'd like to see it also being reverted. Thinking about it, it seemed more natural to have the multiplier not affecting infinite research...

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

VFaalcatnodriiro wrote:

Code: Select all

/c game.difficulty_settings.technology_price_multiplier = 1
I'd like to see it also being reverted. Thinking about it, it seemed more natural to have the multiplier not affecting infinite research...
Well depending on the tech multiplier, doing that could mean that the first infinite research could be cheaper than it's predecessor non infinite research. I think it is better with the multiplier also applying to the infinite research.

Vulkandrache
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vulkandrache »

Zavian wrote:the first infinite research could be cheaper than it's predecessor non infinite research
Thats whats funny about it.
You "slog" throught 20k flasks to get level 6 and then the next 6 levels costs that much combined.

Return to “Releases”