Version 0.15.7

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.7

Post by FactorioBot »

Balancing
  • Changed production science pack recipe to require assembling machine 1 instead of pumpjack.
  • Changed science pack 3 to require electric mining drill instead of assembling machine 1.
  • Changed crafting times: Oil refinery 20->10 Pumpjack 10->5 Chemical plant 10->5 Lab 5->3 Roboport 15->10
  • Reduced the mining time of the storage tank from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
  • Increased the mining time of the reactor from 0.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
  • Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9.
Changes
  • When a connection is refused the username is included in the log message. (46036)
  • Copying entity settings from a disconnected entity will no longer disconnect circuit wires. (45816)
  • Trains in manual mode now have twice the penalty and trains in manual mode without a player in them have 2.5 times the penalty.
  • Reactors produce used up fuel cell when it is completely consumed instead of at start. (46123)
  • Reverted flamethrower turret liquid consumption change from 0.15.5. Instead of 30/s it will use 3/s.
  • Flamethrower turret no longer shoots in its prepare state. (46160)
  • /color command defaults alpha (the 4th parameter) to 255 (instead of 0) if not specified. (46338)
  • Reduced default requester chest paste multiplier for nuclear reactor recipe to 1 and for centrifuge recipe to 2. (45878)
  • Inserters will no longer take fuel from locomotives and instead will take the burnt result items if the locomotive fuel uses that system.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that clicking locomotive from zoomed in map view would change color (and show fuel) for some other locomotive on the train (46137)
  • Fixed that construction bots could repair vehicles from very far. (45517)
  • Fixed that rocket silo or other GUIs would obscure finished-game dialog. (46157)
  • Fixed that boiler could output a different fluid than its input. (46023)
  • Fixed that the inserter would sometimes report bad values to the circuit network. (45598)
  • Fixed pump recipe description having wrong pumping speed. (45863)
  • Fixed wrong error message when loaded headless save file doesn't exist (45058)
  • Fixed the "Input action fragment is missing" crash that would sometimes happen due to packet loss. (45604)
  • Fixed crash when resizing the game window while having an assembling machine level 1 GUI open. (46069)
  • Fixed alternative zoom controls would do nothing in map editor. (46136)
  • Fixed some cargo wagon spritesheets were offset by 1 frame. (viewtopic.php?f=173&t=44930)
  • Fixed that it was hard/not possible to select the character corpse over some entities. (45764)
  • Fixed that the blueprint book GUI would scroll to the top after every click. (46184)
  • Fixed crash when trying to disconnect non circuit connectible entities using Lua::Entity::disconnect_neighbour. (46111)
  • Fixed that calling Lua::Entity::disconnect_neighbour would sometimes disconnect more wires than it should.
  • Fixed mod settings corruption when removing mods that contained mod settings. Note: this will reset all mod settings. (46207)
  • Fixed inconsistent selection of resource patches on the map. (44596)
  • Fixed GUI sizing when resetting mod settings. (46150)
  • Fixed that the blueprint book GUI would scroll to the top after every click. (46184)
  • Fixed that dropping a blueprint onto a book icon in the library GUI would drop it in the top level instead. (46112)
  • Fixed that the blueprint library would sometimes stop opening books. (46004)
  • Fixed GUI scaling problems with the assembling machine GUI. (46046)
  • Fixed desync related to the on_selected_entity_changed event. (46025)
  • Fixed that the atomic bomb shooting speed cooldown didn't work. (46217)
  • Fixed the constant combinator GUI when the constant combinator name was larger than the rest of the GUI. (44227)
  • Fixed that the reactor didn't show fuel in the description. (46266)
  • Fixed making blueprints of requester chests with "set requests" would copy the current requests into the blueprint. (46038)
  • Fixed that deleting saves with the delete key key wouldn't maintain focus on the saves list. (45234)
  • Fixed crash when mining rails while having the "show rail paths" debug option enabled. (45836)
  • Fixed infinite loop when migrating entities from an unrelated type to a roboport type. (44351)
  • Fixed that the technology multiplier didn't apply on infinite research. (45079)
  • Fixed filtering server list for games with mods. (46264)
  • Fixed mod version checking for automatic mod download. (46321)
  • Fixed flamethrower turret would not shoot last single shot worth of liquid. (46311)
  • Fixed crash when exiting server list (46293)
  • Fixed "Right mouse button to open" in opened armor. (46317)
  • Fixed that the blueprint library wouldn't use scroll bars for shared blueprint books. (45464)
  • Fixed that resource patches in unexplored areas could be examined on the map.
  • Fixed rail ghosts could not be placed over ghosts of enemy force. (46335)
  • Fixed the sulfuric acid fluid icon. (46371)
Modding
  • Icons are now required to have correct size (which can be overridden by icon_size property). (45700)
  • 32x32px for entity, fluid, item, item-group, recipe, technology, virtual-signal
  • 128x128px for achievement, tutorial
  • If icon path references base mod, technology icon is expected to be 128x128px and item-group icon 64x64px.
  • In near future, we may remove default sizes and require icon_size to be always specified.
  • It is no longer possible to teleport any rolling stock or train stop. (45264)
Scripting
  • Fixed LuaChunkIterator could become invalid and crash the game if used. (46366)
  • Added LuaPlayer::mod_settings read - the runtime player mod settings for the given player.
  • Added LuaEntity::temperature read/write - the temperature of entities that use the heat energy source type as well as reactors and heat pipes.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_burnt_result_inventory.

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.7

Post by matjojo »

> Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9

yeah boi

Zirr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zirr »

"Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9."

I really like this change!

Certh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Certh »

Trains in manual mode now have twice the penalty and trains in manual mode without a player in them have 2.5 times the penalty.
What does 'penalty' mean here?

Animar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Animar »

*Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9.

omg how long have we been waiting for this, to finaly see this happe brought me in tears in my eyes.

Karosieben
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Karosieben »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changed production science pack recipe to require assembling machine 1 instead of pumpjack.
  • Changed science pack 3 to require electric mining drill instead of assembling machine 1.
This will break my entire science production, but it's fine. Rebuilding is fun though. Lots of different materials for science!
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9.
This is simply awesome! Many new possibilities! Hooray :D

Thanks for keeping up the great work! :)

Regards from Germany,
Karosieben
My german YouTube Channel: Karosieben
My Factorio Let's Plays: Singleplayer, Multiplayer and Tutorials

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Well if you considered balancing the Underground Belt length (which is aweseome)... then..

Please make the Underground Pipe length/gap from 9 to 10 as well... so one can bridge 2 reactors:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46133

MrHick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrHick »

Now I have to reconfigure the science factory but that is OK.
Making underground belts longer makes it up for that :)

Can someone please explain this to me, is it crafting time and just a mistake with typing?

Reduced the mining time of the storage
Increased the mining time of the reactor

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

FactorioBot wrote:
Time for a new era of belt balancers.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

MrHick wrote:Can someone please explain this to me, is it crafting time and just a mistake with typing?

Reduced the mining time of the storage
Increased the mining time of the reactor
Mining time = the time it takes to remove a building with right-click

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

what was the reason for the science pack recipe changes?

robyoublind
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by robyoublind »

FactorioBot wrote:[*]Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9.
That's a great step in a more logical direction, and should help with performance too. One question though: while you're at it, why not make it 5,8,11 so that a blue belt can go under two blocks of 4 belts with 2 tile gaps between them, as this seems to be the most common layout for the main bus? Like Longer Underground Belt (Aligned) does, only less OP (that popular mod uses 5,11,17)?

Like so:

Last edited by robyoublind on Fri May 05, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

Code: Select all

Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9.
so good !

Fish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fish »

Increased the underground belt length (basic, fast, express) from 5,5,5 to 5,7,9.
This changes everything!
Reduced the mining time of the storage tank from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
I just rebuilt my refinery in my current game... relocating all those tanks was kinda annoying because of the long time.
So thanks for this!
Inserters will no longer take fuel from locomotives and instead will take the burnt result items if the locomotive fuel uses that system.
I love you guys <3

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Certh wrote:
Trains in manual mode now have twice the penalty and trains in manual mode without a player in them have 2.5 times the penalty.
What does 'penalty' mean here?
(Probably) Pathfinding penalty. This will make it less likely for an automatic train to take a route that has a train on manual mode in the path.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ober3550 »

I'm slightly annoyed that science costs have changed again although the spreadsheet I use for calculations makes it easy to change stuff. My problem is the progression of the sciences, assembly machines and mining drills are basically the same in terms of technology and it's weird for them to be in two different sciences when one of them is supposedly meant to be alot more expensive. The match up of a electric smelter and an assembler feels completely off, if you're going to make the requirements cheaper you might aswell take away the 2x bonus. I just really enjoyed the progression of technology and the requirement going from pretty basic processing to more and more complicated aswell as forcing the player to think about expansion of their smelting lines and everything associated. I have multiple 0.15 worlds and I was playing the 0.15 sim recipes which were massively more expensive and I still managed to create a base that could reasonably keep up with 2/s.

EDIT: I completely get the change to blue science. And purple science is a bit iffy in terms of resource requirements but forcing the player to automate regularly used items is alright because in the end you don't really need that many pumpjacks, I'd feel better if purples required assembler 2 instead of 1. Otherwise just remove the 2x bonus beause it's meant to be a end game science.
Last edited by Ober3550 on Fri May 05, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BrendanPawpad
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BrendanPawpad »

along with the tohers i do enjoy the belt change, but ti was shifted wrongly imo, just like other mdos have gone though like longer belt redux. they have had alot of comunication and chats as you had mp seen inthe mods section if you ever read them,
its the msot logical or seems like it is

you spend alot mroe jsut to make it faster and add mroe yet it seems likeit gives barely any as if why bother kind of
underground belts no longer give performance issues as itused to so why hold back,
also any logical kind of belt orentation cannot work or 'bus' design itd have to be remade every time, for each width or udnergroudnbelt each time you want to go through

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Peppe/longer-belts-redux
Attachments
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL1BFU3FXS2xyLnBuZyJ9.png
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL1BFU3FXS2xyLnBuZyJ9.png (208.4 KiB) Viewed 24948 times

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

I'm not sure I'm a fan of science pack requirement changes. Could these changes make the game a bit...easy?

BrendanPawpad
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BrendanPawpad »

sorry for the dual post
i will say the sceince change ddoes seem rather interesting, shiftign more towards iron heavy, needing alot lot less factories making prerequisites
it doesnt up the iron cost at all really but it does seem for the better as its easier to setup military packs than it is blues and the rest

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

The start sound still stops after 2 seconds.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Releases”