Version 0.15.4

Information about releases and roadmap.
quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.4

Post by quyxkh »

Aeraggo wrote:Sandbox mode is neat for testing things, however I've found a problem (and I apologize if this has been mentioned already): You can't effectively use vehicles. Yes, you can get into them, however since you don't have any form of weapon UI, you can't switch weapons or even fire. While I get that Sandbox is effectively "god mode", it has the side effect of making it so the only way to get rid of biter bases is with tower creep.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Enable_god_mode

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

That's handy to know. Thanks for sharing that!

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Added /permissions reset to reset all permissions to default.
Can this be used to reset the permissions on a previously locked down multiplayer save that it being run offline by a player that was not the owner?
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

First and foremost , I love your game.
But I have 1 bone to pick though.

I wish you guys fix the problem of mods expiring because of new updates.
I upgraded to v15.4 and now 90% of the mods I had installed no longer works (all red), and the devs of
many of the mods installed no longer support the mods in question and the update for the mods.
It kinda ruins the experience of the game, because many people are really set on certain mods. (like me)
I wish you guys would make some sort of API that mods can hook to, - that prevents them from ever expiring
And would always work no matter how many times the game devs upgrade/update the actual game itself.

Unless of course actual mechanics of the game itself changes, that actually affect the mods mechanics themselves.
Anyways, please find a solution "Factorio Dev's".......thx
Because now we are all back here yet again all waiting for mod devs to update their mods for the game.
and many of the mod devs won't even update their mods making them abandoned, and we go through this each time factorio releases a major update.
Hope you guys understand what I am trying to convey here.

I love your work and love the game, just some things gets a bit upsetting.

PS> love v15 changes. I just want to play with my favorite mods :D
.(and yes im smiling, and have a grin on my face, I don't want any forum ninja's to think I have angry face on
and going ballistic. Its hard for people to see the reaction of my face on the internet forum post filled with text replies. :D :D
So I put on a bunch of smiley faces to try to express my facial expression behind pixels of the net. - thanks Dev's for a great game. :D :D :D

RallosZek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RallosZek »

malventano wrote:
Added /permissions reset to reset all permissions to default.
Can this be used to reset the permissions on a previously locked down multiplayer save that it being run offline by a player that was not the owner?
You can simply change your name in options to whoever had admin then load the save and set your original name to be admin then save and change back.

kurrrak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kurrrak »

First of all, I'd like to say I had great time playing 0.15, it has so many new things improved I wouldn't even think about.
I have an issue with 15.4 though - the image becomes very flickery when you move. There's horizontal stripe which is moving left and right very fast. I basically can't play anymore because of this. Is this an known problem?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

kurrrak wrote:First of all, I'd like to say I had great time playing 0.15, it has so many new things improved I wouldn't even think about.
I have an issue with 15.4 though - the image becomes very flickery when you move. There's horizontal stripe which is moving left and right very fast. I basically can't play anymore because of this. Is this an known problem?
Go to graphical options and check if vsync is enabled. For some reason it disabled itself for me after the update.

kurrrak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kurrrak »

orzelek wrote:
kurrrak wrote:First of all, I'd like to say I had great time playing 0.15, it has so many new things improved I wouldn't even think about.
Go to graphical options and check if vsync is enabled. For some reason it disabled itself for me after the update.
That was the first thing I was looking for in options but didn't find it at first glance because I was looking for "Vsync" in name of the option. Silly me. Apparently they've decided to translate it differently in my language (Polish). Now everything works as before (like a charm, that is). Thank You.

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by neoc »

Aeraggo wrote:Sandbox mode is neat for testing things, however I've found a problem (and I apologize if this has been mentioned already): You can't effectively use vehicles. Yes, you can get into them, however since you don't have any form of weapon UI, you can't switch weapons or even fire. While I get that Sandbox is effectively "god mode", it has the side effect of making it so the only way to get rid of biter bases is with tower creep.
Sandbox isn't for testing things, it's a gamemode where you play without a body (in god mode, like in an RTS; you don't have to enable free research / resources). I enjoy sandbox a lot more than the default mode - running around with a small man, colliding with everything and being restricted to a small reach radius on a HUGE map while trying to figure out a nice layout for your complicated build just seems ridiculous to me.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

neoc wrote:
Sandbox isn't for testing things, it's a gamemode where you play without a body (in god mode, like in an RTS; you don't have to enable free research / resources). I enjoy sandbox a lot more than the default mode - running around with a small man, colliding with everything and being restricted to a small reach radius on a HUGE map while trying to figure out a nice layout for your complicated build just seems ridiculous to me.
I'm okay with the reach restriction, but the collision thing is getting old. Squeak Through collisions should have been implemented into base forever ago, especially for pipes and trees.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

Twsted wrote:I wish you guys fix the problem of mods expiring because of new updates.
I upgraded to v15.4 and now 90% of the mods I had installed no longer works (all red), [...]
I wish you guys would make some sort of API that mods can hook to, - that prevents them from ever expiring
And would always work no matter how many times the game devs upgrade/update the actual game itself.
There is an API, which is exactly what the mods are using. The API will also be stable and probably never change once the game is released. However, keep in mind that you’re currently playing a game in alpha state and the API is still in development. Incompatible changes are pretty much unavoidable at this stage.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

kitcat wrote:
Twsted wrote:I wish you guys fix the problem of mods expiring because of new updates.
I upgraded to v15.4 and now 90% of the mods I had installed no longer works (all red), [...]
There is an API, which is exactly what the mods are using. The API will also be stable and probably never change once the game is released. However, keep in mind that you’re currently playing a game in alpha state and the API is still in development. Incompatible changes are pretty much unavoidable at this stage.
It may be a bit easier if a workaround for the version locking of mods was somehow selectively overridden. As it is now, when 0.15 came out, some popular mods needed nothing more than a single string changed from "0.14" to "0.15" in their package. One such example was the warehousing mod. The original author is MIA and someone had to spin off a second version of the same exact mod just to add that change. I've done the same in a local edit to the "what is it used for' mod. Point is that many mods will work just fine on the newer version, minus that one string change, which the layman has no idea how to correct themselves.
Allyn Malventano
---

Return to “Releases”