Version 0.15.3

Information about releases and roadmap.
Blanket Man
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.3

Post by Blanket Man »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
Blanket Man wrote:Hey, maybe I'm just going insane here, but I can't research or create new blueprints. Anyone else having this issue in 0.15.3?

I tried doing a search under available technologies, but nothing is showing up.
Try to press "B" button - blueprints are free now, in 15. No research required.

Thanks, didn't catch that bit. I kept looking under research being confused.

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

Daid wrote:Did the U235/U238 refinement ratio change in this update? My factory was running from nuclear power just fine, and all of a sudden, as of today, I run out of nuclear power all the time.
Were you using productivity modules for Kovarex enrichment?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

matjojo wrote: welp, I guess when I'm done with this play-through I'll make a mod to give a warning when the ammo count goes below a threshold for my modded game.
our new friend, the programmable speaker can show you an alert about your ammo. ;)
Prog.Speak.png
Prog.Speak.png (259.4 KiB) Viewed 7156 times

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

Nemoricus wrote:
Daid wrote:Did the U235/U238 refinement ratio change in this update? My factory was running from nuclear power just fine, and all of a sudden, as of today, I run out of nuclear power all the time.
Nope, I'm pre-enrichment. I pretty much rushed for nuclear, and was running my base of a single reactor.

Nalyk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nalyk »

Can't figure out how to update from version 0.14.23, I have a steam license.

I've uninstalled a number of times and tried updating within the game itself, but I'm at a loss.

Help please!

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Daid wrote:
Nemoricus wrote:
Nope, I'm pre-enrichment. I pretty much rushed for nuclear, and was running my base of a single reactor.
What are your results now? I'm currently getting U235 around 0.6-0.8% of the time.

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

Mehve wrote:
Daid wrote:
Nemoricus wrote:
What are your results now? I'm currently getting U235 around 0.6-0.8% of the time.
That sounds right, it is 0.7%
See Factorio\data\base\prototypes\recipe\recipe.lua
For uranium-processing,

Code: Select all

results =
    {
      {
        name = "uranium-235",
        probability = 0.007,
        amount = 1
      },
      {
        name = "uranium-238",
        probability = 0.993,
        amount = 1
      }
    }

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

daniel34 wrote:
impetus maximus wrote:wow lots of fixes. nice.

but why 'Removed the ability to set /color using RGB values.'?
i hope it temporary to resolve issues.
It was directly evaluated in Lua and allowed you to execute arbitrary (although limited) code to e.g. hang the server.
Please re-add the feature or if that is too dangerous add a config option with "preferred player color" that will be used automatically when joining a server.
Also you might just use a #Hex Value for RGBa, that way you are save against code RCE-exploits.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

I just disabled my "base" mod... because "Disabled listed mods" can (well, it did here) include "base" and *will* disabled the mod.

Also: where is "default_available_logistic_output_signal" documented? I'm looking at updating two mods (both rather essential), and Supercharged Roboports brings me the error that this must be a dictionary. Found nothing in the release notes.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

to many science packs :(
dont like it, to complex to just chill and build :cry:

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Nalyk wrote:Can't figure out how to update from version 0.14.23, I have a steam license.

I've uninstalled a number of times and tried updating within the game itself, but I'm at a loss.

Help please!
In Steam, you have to enable 0.15 experimental branch in Factorio's properties.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Nemac wrote:to many science packs :(
Yeah, that was, even though I had known about it changing, a bit of a shock. Just when I thought I was getting a handle on doing blues... and not just that: I'm a bot man. Up to 0.14, the moment I had blues done, I could reach logistics networks. Now... nope, need five(!) packs, and blues, purples and yellows are about as labor-intensive as old blues, and you need them all.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:
Yeah, that was, even though I had known about it changing, a bit of a shock. Just when I thought I was getting a handle on doing blues... and not just that: I'm a bot man. Up to 0.14, the moment I had blues done, I could reach logistics networks. Now... nope, need five(!) packs, and blues, purples and yellows are about as labor-intensive as old blues, and you need them all.
I actually like that. Because there is some kind of intermediate tec between grren and blue. Namely military.
This is especially useful in MP where some players do the plumbing and other oily stuff and the rest can setup the factories for science prod. With just blue science you are done in with that in less than a minute especially with the simplifies recipe now. But placing the insame amount of pipes you need takes far longer

Floaf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Floaf »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:
I just wanted logistics asap so I ended up crafting all the purple and yellow research packs by hand. That took forever... Since you kind of need bots for automatically craft sience packs due to the vast amount of different items needed so crafting them by hand at first was the most logical thing to do for me. That's a bit boring. On the other hand, all the other new things in this version makes up for it by far! I soo love the picker mod/pipette tool-thing. I run around my base looking for the item i need instead of picking it from my inventory :-D

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

pieppiep wrote:
Mehve wrote:
Daid wrote:
Nemoricus wrote:
That sounds right, it is 0.7%
See Factorio\data\base\prototypes\recipe\recipe.lua
For uranium-processing,

Code: Select all

results =
    {
      {
        name = "uranium-235",
        probability = 0.007,
        amount = 1
      },
      {
        name = "uranium-238",
        probability = 0.993,
        amount = 1
      }
    }
Guess I was lucky initially then? I seem to be slightly above that ratio...

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Floaf wrote:
Jürgen Erhard wrote:
I just wanted logistics asap so I ended up crafting all the purple and yellow research packs by hand. That took forever... Since you kind of need bots for automatically craft sience packs due to the vast amount of different items needed so crafting them by hand at first was the most logical thing to do for me. That's a bit boring. On the other hand, all the other new things in this version makes up for it by far! I soo love the picker mod/pipette tool-thing. I run around my base looking for the item i need instead of picking it from my inventory :-D
Get the pink one in production.
Tryed Yellow. closed game. deinstall. reinstall 0.14.023.
thanks anyways

Midas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Midas »

I have non-Steam version of 15.2 and cannot update it to 15.3 or later version. No mods.
I've checked the box about enabling experimental updates and stuff, but Updater keeps saying that there's no update.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Midas wrote:I have non-Steam version of 15.2 and cannot update it to 15.3 or later version. No mods.
I've checked the box about enabling experimental updates and stuff, but Updater keeps saying that there's no update.
Try installing from https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Midas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Midas »

kinnom wrote:
Midas wrote:I have non-Steam version of 15.2 and cannot update it to 15.3 or later version. No mods.
Try installing from https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental
Thanks, that helped!

Return to “Releases”