Version 0.15.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
bripi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.2

Post by bripi »

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new graphics!! Hate to sound cliche', but they *really* POP!! Love the boiler upgrade to multidirectional! Love the zooming features as they are AWESOME!! OMG I am soooooo excited to play again! Now, if we can get the Mods to work.....

Homusubi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Homusubi »

All I can say is, not many devs are dedicated enough to fix 41 bugs the day after releasing a patch. You're all brilliant.

Drag00ne
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drag00ne »

Homusubi wrote:All I can say is, not many devs are dedicated enough to fix 41 bugs the day after releasing a patch. You're all brilliant.

That's the reason I decided to support then by buying the game. they do a great job with this game and this is how all game industry should be. I hope they can go on their own and don't get bought by a big publisher which will ruin all their work.

palmic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by palmic »

if i should say one world about factorio devs, it would be honesty.

No cheap tricks, no marketing BS, in fact i had to found out how awesome new changes are in matter of hours while i was playing.
All game is designed not to spark at first sight, but to really satisfy its player more and more he plays (and its much later than he payed for it!)

This is even better if you imagine you payed 20 for it, not some BS 19.99, 20!!!
And the price is always the same, no sales, no cheap tricks.

:rocks:

CrushedIce
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CrushedIce »

Thanks for the fast update :)
Mehve wrote:
Gnark wrote:Then ... I don't see the point of barreling, Tank is 25k fluid, full loaded wagon with barrel is 10k fluid, and a fluid wagon is 75k :D
Given the x10 fluid changes, shouldn't a barrel-wagon be up to 100k now?
You're right a barreled wagon can contain 100k liquid. The fluid wagon can only contain 75k.
Personally i don't think that a normal wagon should be able to carry more. Think of all the barrels taking up space.. :D
- That annoying research popup once research finishes is gonna drive me nuts. Flicked it off again - recommend setting that off by default.
So true, this was one of the first things i changed in the options

arik123max
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arik123max »

I think it will be great to add some feature to delete blueprints. I dont know how other people but i have problem with inventory filling up with blueprints. Now when you have infinite blueprints you dont need more than one at the moment, but when you load any from library it create new one every time.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

arik123max wrote:I think it will be great to add some feature to delete blueprints. I dont know how other people but i have problem with inventory filling up with blueprints. Now when you have infinite blueprints you dont need more than one at the moment, but when you load any from library it create new one every time.
Yeah I hope they fix this. I just put them in a wooden box and run them over with a tank.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

arik123max wrote:I think it will be great to add some feature to delete blueprints. I dont know how other people but i have problem with inventory filling up with blueprints. Now when you have infinite blueprints you dont need more than one at the moment, but when you load any from library it create new one every time.
i created a suggestion for that
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44646

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

5thHorseman wrote:
Yeah I hope they fix this. I just put them in a wooden box and run them over with a tank.
Just so you know - with C you can shoot at arbitrary object so no need for tank :D

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Why nuclear reactor consumes fuel cells all time at the full rate regardless of load? Is it bug?

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

houkime wrote:[...], biters generally lag MP sessions more and more over time. Feels like often even more than a base size and complexity does. (a few days ago met a man that killed biter bases preemptively solely to reduce lag... and I personally usually fall behind the server during an attack in average mid-late game).
I have the same problem. Whenever my friend raids a base that consists of more than just one or two spawners, even if it’s on the other side of the visible map, the game becomes unplayable for me. I can’t even open my inventory or walk in a controlled manner. All I can do is wait until he’s done, and maybe take a pre-emptive bathroom break.

My PC is rather slow, so I really love all those performance improvements that went into 0.15, but man, those biters...

PeteCoughlin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PeteCoughlin »

Appreciate the update guys, but I'm not sure the semi-transparent GUI stuff is a good idea. The start screen looks very strange/unclear;

Sherman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sherman »

Dear developers! I propose to make the length of the underground conveyor not 4, but 6 units, not more ... I met with such a phenomenon that many players build factories in blocks. Roads are built between them. Under the road, between the factories is a conveyor belt. It turns out that the maximum width of the road is 4 units. If such a road is to travel by car, at high speed, the risk of collision with infrastructure objects is high. It would be very useful to increase the length of the underground conveyor by at least a couple of units.

snafets
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by snafets »

0.15 is great thanks :) A little thing that caught my attention: you have to build the reactors side by side in a perfect grid for the bonus. Maybe you can change it to a "per heat pipe connection" (33.3% for each and 400% for all 12 connections) this would allow different build styles (grid or offset) and not favor one style to much.

Edit: Or count the center connections (allow one tile offset), then it would be the same bonus for both.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Sherman wrote:Dear developers! I propose to make the length of the underground conveyor not 4, but 6 units, not more ... I met with such a phenomenon that many players build factories in blocks. Roads are built between them. Under the road, between the factories is a conveyor belt. It turns out that the maximum width of the road is 4 units. If such a road is to travel by car, at high speed, the risk of collision with infrastructure objects is high. It would be very useful to increase the length of the underground conveyor by at least a couple of units.
Cars don't collide with belts.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nemostein »

snafets wrote:Maybe you can change it to a "per heat pipe connection"
I agree... The current "perfectly aligned" is too restrictive and doesn't promote new layouts at all.

it's said on FFF #164 that "The plan is to implement the nuclear power in a way, that it is almost always more efficient to make bigger and more complex setup compared to just copy pasting the "standard nuclear power blueprint" over and over.".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently, all you need is a large enough array of Heat Exchangers and Steam Turbines connect by heat pipes directly on a 4x2 block of Nuclear Reactors.
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

henke37
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by henke37 »

5thHorseman wrote: Cars don't collide with belts.
Correction: cars don't stop or cause damage when colliding with belts. They are just moved along the belt, just like when you run over them on foot.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Wakaba-chan wrote:Why nuclear reactor consumes fuel cells all time at the full rate regardless of load? Is it bug?
No, it's not a bug. That's intentional so not to waste fuel you have to use the circuit network for controlled fuel input.
nemostein wrote:
snafets wrote:Maybe you can change it to a "per heat pipe connection"
I agree... The current "perfectly aligned" is too restrictive and doesn't promote new layouts at all.

it's said on FFF #164 that "The plan is to implement the nuclear power in a way, that it is almost always more efficient to make bigger and more complex setup compared to just copy pasting the "standard nuclear power blueprint" over and over.".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently, all you need is a large enough array of Heat Exchangers and Steam Turbines connect by heat pipes directly on a 4x2 block of Nuclear Reactors.
I agree on that as well, but I pointed it out already when the devs introduced the Nuclear Concept the first time in the FFF back then.

Back then I said they should make the Reactor 6x6 which would have allowed to either place the Reactors in a grid or in a hexgrid with 3-tile set-off.

Now all you can do is basically place the reactors in a "2 by <x>" block and that's it.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

MeduSalem wrote:
Wakaba-chan wrote:Why nuclear reactor consumes fuel cells all time at the full rate regardless of load? Is it bug?
No, it's not a bug. That's intentional so not to waste fuel you have to use the circuit network for controlled fuel input.
But why is it working this way? With the same approach, regular boiler could consume fuel at 100% rate all the time as well.
Also, reactor consumes fuel cells too slowly to control it by circuit network. For example, if I put cell at start of a day, it could last for half of a day before run out. All this time my solar panels would be active so cell will be actually wasted even if I control it precisely. How to avoid such situation?

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
MeduSalem wrote:
But why is it working this way? With the same approach, regular boiler could consume fuel at 100% rate all the time as well.
Also, reactor consumes fuel cells too slowly to control it by circuit network. For example, if I put cell at start of a day, it could last for half of a day before run out. All this time my solar panels would be active so cell will be actually wasted even if I control it precisely. How to avoid such situation?
Many (all, in the EU) modern nuclear plants can "load-follow" down to something like 30% of rated maximum, but it takes some advance planning and slew rates are limited. I'm guessing the 40MW plants our guy builds on his lonely, distant planet don't have room for the same controls and safeguards as a "maneuverable" 900MW design.

And it occurs to me that Factorio's nucs can already leave the steerability of a real plant in the dust, by staggering the fuel loading among the 20+ baby plants it takes to match the output of steerable real plants. It takes about 3 minutes to burn through a fuel cell, 8GJ/40MW = 200s, so you'd be able to slew roughly 5% every ten seconds on no notice. De minimis non curat nucs"?

Return to “Releases”