Version 0.15.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.2

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Reduced wave defense biter power increase as more players join to reduce pathfinding performance drain. (44717)
  • Tweaked the biter and uranium ore settings of the 'Rail world' preset.
  • Changed mining drill fluidbox to allow fluid to flow to pipes without the use of pumps.
  • Changed the "sync mods with save" button to support disabling mods a save file wasn't using.
  • Computers with 2GB or more video memory and 8GB or more RAM will default graphics quality to high.
  • Selecting high sprite quality in graphics options will show warning if computer doesn't have enough video memory.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed tightspot campaign debt calculation. (44592)
  • Fixed basic train tutorial rail setting offset. (44623)
  • Fixed story script copying of assembling machines without recipes. (44612)
  • Fixed crash when cycling through empty blueprint book. (44532)
  • Fixed crash when the wrong fuel type was put into a burner equipment. (44600)
  • Fixed LuaFluidBox::get_capacity() didn't work when the fluidbox was empty. (44658)
  • Fixed LuaFluidBox::get_capacity() used 0-based indexing. (44653)
  • Fixed blueprints with circuit wires would crash in some instances.
  • Fixed the map would render black if the game was resized immediatly after loading a large save file.
  • Fixed that the technology cost multiplier allowed a value of 0.
  • Fixed crash when circuit connector sprites aren't defined for a given entity. (44640)
  • Fixed crash when inactive mining drills are disconnected from the circuit network. (44628)
  • Fixed that the programmable speaker wouldn't save settings correctly when exported as a string in blueprints. (44701)
  • Fixed crash when the base mod is disabled and no other mod defines map-settings. (44672)
  • Fixed fluids consumed in the mining drill for mining resources didn't get counted in fluid production statistics. (44745)
  • Fixed crash after display reset when browse multiplayer GUI was opened. (44704)
  • Fixed browse games GUI sorting. (44519)
  • Fixed wave defense GUI error. (44696)
  • Fixed transport belt walking sound being controlled by the wrong volume slider. (44714)
  • Fixed exiting tutorial would mute game sounds. (44524)
  • Fixed crash when hovering over train with invalid path. (44787)
  • The "Kovarex enrichment process" is no longer usable with productivity modules. (44635)
  • Fixed alternative zoom would cause crash when bound to keyboard instead of mouse. (44571)
  • Fixed that train stop would output circuit network signals with train contents regardless of it's parameters.
  • Fixed possible desync related to train stops connected to circuit network.
  • Fixed the exchange string wouldn't get cleared when clicking the reset button in the generate map GUI. (44774)
  • Fixed crash when executing commands ban/unban/bans in a single player game. (44783)
  • Fixed that opening another player's blueprint book though the /open command would crash the game. (44669)
  • Fixed possible desync related to constant combinator filters.
  • Fixed tooltip delay option didn't work. (44756)
  • Fixed that disconnecting of electric poles hid some of the electric network visualisations on the map. (44721)
  • Fixed crash when closing window on splash screen. (44757)
  • Fixed that steam wouldn't show up as steam in fluid wagons. (44637)
  • Fixed inactivity wait condition didn't work properly with fluid wagon. (44657)
  • Fixed name of train field in on_train_created event. (44838)
  • Fixed the technology list scrollbar position reset after clicking any technology.
  • Fixed that LuaFluidBox would ignore the temperature field when setting a new fluid. (44842)
  • Fixed crash when using recipes in furnaces that don't produce the exact amount of output items as the furnace output slots. (44707)
  • Fixed crash when loading some older save files in 0.15 related to modded recipes. 44852)
  • Fixed crash due to "Construction robot is in invalid state". (44817)
  • Fixed game hang when connecting train in a loop (44666)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

nevniv
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.2

Post by nevniv »

Moar updates? Huzzah!

Thanks for all the bug fixes, and to those who reported them in the bug forum!

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by redlabel »

You rock!!
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

FactorioBot wrote:Tweaked the biter and uranium ore settings of the 'Rail world' preset.
What does that mean for the biter non-expanding and what does it do with saves from 0.15.1 and 0.15.0?

Legoman165
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Legoman165 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Bugfixes
  • The "Kovarex enrichment process" is no longer usable with productivity modules. (44635)
NOOOOOOOOOO

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

Amazing work - updates flying out left, right and centre!

Just a question: was the "railworld" name at all inspired by Bentham's series (MangledPork)?
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Jhonny wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Tweaked the biter and uranium ore settings of the 'Rail world' preset.
What does that mean for the biter non-expanding and what does it do with saves from 0.15.1 and 0.15.0?
Biters will still not expand, but their Frequency and Size has changed from Very Low/Small to Low/Medium. Uranium ore has changed from Normal/Medium to Low/Big.

These settings only take effect if you start a new Rail world game in 0.15.2, older saves will keep their old values.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Nice set of fixes. Thanks for always being great at release patches. I always love early experimental versions it's like a little Christmas each day :)

g1franc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by g1franc »

daniel34 wrote:
Jhonny wrote:
Biters will still not expand, but their Frequency and Size has changed from Very Low/Small to Low/Medium. Uranium ore has changed from Normal/Medium to Low/Big.

These settings only take effect if you start a new Rail world game in 0.15.2, older saves will keep their old values.
Yep, compared screenshots between versions (before seeing this admin post) and saw the same difference in scenario settings.

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

:twisted: Was able to crash it again using the Research mult hahahaah by leaving it blank and once again it crashed on the trying to enter the research area.
nice try :mrgreen:
i love abusing games till they break hahahaa

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

daniel34 wrote:
Jhonny wrote:

Sweet, thanks for the info

Gnark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gnark »

0.15 rocks !!
I really appreciate this version, you did good job guys :)

Then ... I don't see the point of barreling, Tank is 25k fluid, full loaded wagon with barrel is 10k fluid, and a fluid wagon is 75k :D

ap6601
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ap6601 »

http://puu.sh/vweIA.jpg i see you made nice new sprite to the train items and stuff, but you forgot update the tips and tricks menu too.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Gnark wrote:Then ... I don't see the point of barreling, Tank is 25k fluid, full loaded wagon with barrel is 10k fluid, and a fluid wagon is 75k :D
Given the x10 fluid changes, shouldn't a barrel-wagon be up to 100k now?

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

The 15 release made me play again after a year! Obviously awesome release. But two things I noticed:

When building something but wanting to cancel it, right mouse click and/or esc are expected to do that in builder games. Only 'q' is unintuitive.

Trees still very faint on the map and minimap. They are a very important terrain aspect: prevent building, obstructed or no walking, hard to remove, and a resource. Should be indicated much better.

Thanks!

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

So much changes, sounds good. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

I need to pay more attention... that bob's mod game I was running made me miss the releases of 15.0 and 15.1... updating now, gonna snooze and see about building a factory tomorrow. Started a few minutes ago but haven't gotten far (just plopped down my first assemblers to do tier 1 research). At a glance I can see some differences...
The good:
- Liking the new research. Hunting biters was kinda meh. The "build a whoppingly big factory" aspect is what draws me to this game. It's not Starcraft, the Zerg ain't the point here. Although you -can- nuke em now it seems...
- Graphics seem improved, if slightly. Ore fields look better, but the edges could still be made to be less "blocky".
- Fluid wagons make bulk oil transport easier. Probably other liquids too.
- High capacity water pump! Finally, no dozens of pumps littering a shoreline feeding a bazillion boilers. New boiler/steamengine setup is simpler too. 1 on 1 (or 1 on 2 with a buffer tank, if that still works, haven't tried)
- Nuclear power. Nhice. That'll keep my lasers blasting!
- Zooming in the map is very handy. That combined with radar will make keeping overview over your complex a LOT easier - no need to head to an outpost to see what it's doing.

The not so good:
- Missed an ore field due to the improved graphics. Green plants were growing over a coal patch, totally obscuring it. You dont' have an option to clear that, though you can build overtop of it it seems. Still, would be useful if you could ensure that tile decorations don't fully obscure a resource field.
- A reset configuration is annoying, but meh, a few keybinds...
- Can't continue my Bob's mod game now.
- That annoying research popup once research finishes is gonna drive me nuts. Flicked it off again - recommend setting that off by default.

The ugly:
- Nothing so far! No glaring bugs or glitches at 0.15.2 in my 20 minutes of play.

M60Beowulf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by M60Beowulf »

Just tested something small: a 2 GW nuclear reactor.
Water Supply Nuclear.PNG
Water Supply Nuclear.PNG (5.32 MiB) Viewed 22865 times
And if you don't want your setup to look as bad as mine, make sure your column of nuclear awesome is parallel to your water source. BTW, my 1 million ore of uranium will last about 4000 hours at 2 GW with my synthetic load consisting of a massive field of beacons. The balance seems to be oke. I mean it isn't the IRL factor of 2 million vs fossil in fuel density. But my little uranium mine would need to be 4000 times larger if I was trying to pull the same 8000 TWh from a coal field. Thinking about it, I would need 20 million Factorio uranium ore (20 times that little field in the picture) to power the whole world for a year. Try doing that with solar or wind. The gearbox oil waste alone to run the planet on windmills would be massively larger in volume than all the nuclear waste from running the planet on nuclear indefinitely.

bstock
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bstock »

Anyone happen to have a mirror for the 0.15.2 zip package? My download is going extremely slow :(

houkime
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by houkime »

FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
  • Reduced wave defense biter power increase as more players join to reduce pathfinding performance drain. (44717)
Is some real optimization of biter pathfinding planned in the near future? Like swarm mechanics instead of individual pathfinding and so on?

Because it is not only a wave defence scenario problem, biters generally lag MP sessions more and more over time. Feels like often even more than a base size and complexity does. (a few days ago met a man that killed biter bases preemptively solely to reduce lag... and I personally usually fall behind the server during an attack in average mid-late game).

Return to “Releases”