Version 0.15.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.0

Post by Mr. Tact »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
Removed alien artifacts and alien science packs from the game completely.
Could somebody tell me why, please? It was pretty fun point to have non-automatable part of game.
Well, I wouldn't presume to speak for the Devs, but my guess would be they agreed with the opinion that the core of the game is planning and building, not killing and collecting. I've played the game both ways and in the end game the Aliens are just a bit of time sync and nothing else. When I needed to expand clearing them was part of the process and nothing more...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Simanova
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Simanova »

Perfect release - game deserves now a 99% rating, instead of a 98% rating on steam.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
Removed alien artifacts and alien science packs from the game completely.
Could somebody tell me why, please? It was pretty fun point to have non-automatable part of game.
i like the decision to remove the alien artifacts. a discussion you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44466

toramo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toramo »

Amazing !!!!!!
Thank you very much!

I don't know if I'm the only one hyped by this : Scenario Wave defense !
Exactly the fun thing I whished to have in this game ^^

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

the railroad system have not be fixed??? When i build the track turn, is same as version 0.14.22 The turn inst perfect!

Octoid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Octoid »

Kovarex Enrichment Process (to create U-235 from U-238)

Just love that!

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Did the belt optimizations and multi-thread improvements make it into .15?

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Bizobinator wrote:Did the belt optimizations and multi-thread improvements make it into .15?
Please read the thread. You're at least the 3rd to ask that exact question.

In lieu of that, just use the search. Here's even a link to a search for "belt."

search.php?keywords=belt&t=44505&sf=msgonly

Embiggen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Embiggen »

In the "Dangerous" map generator preset, the description says "biters are more dangerous and evolve faster".

What is meant by "more dangerous"? Do they hit more or multiply faster etc, or is the description simply referring to the higher rate of time/pollution-related evolution?

I can't seem to find any further information about the presets, and there's nothing in the description or advanced settings to suggest biters are more dangerous.

GodricSeer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GodricSeer »

Embiggen wrote:In the "Dangerous" map generator preset, the description says "biters are more dangerous and evolve faster".

What is meant by "more dangerous"? Do they hit more or multiply faster etc, or is the description simply referring to the higher rate of time/pollution-related evolution?

I can't seem to find any further information about the presets, and there's nothing in the description or advanced settings to suggest biters are more dangerous.
Look at the other preset settings. I am not sure how dangerous changes them but I am guessing that they expand more aggressively and may attack more often.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Stupid question: I noticed that you can now place blueprints before construction robots - is there also a way to build them (semi-)automatically? Or are they just a way to 'paint' your design before you build it block by block yourself?

utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by utoxin »

vanatteveldt wrote:Stupid question: I noticed that you can now place blueprints before construction robots - is there also a way to build them (semi-)automatically? Or are they just a way to 'paint' your design before you build it block by block yourself?
They're just for planning purposes. It can help a LOT with spacing things out as you build.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

utoxin wrote:
vanatteveldt wrote:Stupid question: I noticed that you can now place blueprints before construction robots - is there also a way to build them (semi-)automatically? Or are they just a way to 'paint' your design before you build it block by block yourself?
They're just for planning purposes. It can help a LOT with spacing things out as you build.
OK, thanks. There was some discussion about allowing automatic building as well (e.g. limited by the reach of the player), so I was hoping I maybe just missed a key :)

I also figured out how to share blueprints between games, I never considered that you could also place blueprints in the right hand side part ("my blueprints" or something like that). A mini tutorial on first opening the blueprint book might be a good idea :).

(currently playing a marathon deathworld, got to military science and flamethrowers, let's roast some biter! expanding is now quite difficult, hopefully getting the newly buffer tank will allow me time to secure some outposts...)

utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by utoxin »

vanatteveldt wrote:
utoxin wrote:
OK, thanks. There was some discussion about allowing automatic building as well (e.g. limited by the reach of the player), so I was hoping I maybe just missed a key :)

I also figured out how to share blueprints between games, I never considered that you could also place blueprints in the right hand side part ("my blueprints" or something like that). A mini tutorial on first opening the blueprint book might be a good idea :).

(currently playing a marathon deathworld, got to military science and flamethrowers, let's roast some biter! expanding is now quite difficult, hopefully getting the newly buffer tank will allow me time to secure some outposts...)
Fun. There's some mods for earlier building bots (Check out the NanoBots mod, if you want), but nothing planned in vanilla that I know of. I'm currently playing a Rail World with expensive recipes and a 2x tech multiplier (and a few quality-of-life mods). It's crazy how much iron you need to do ANYTHING.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

utoxin wrote:Fun. There's some mods for earlier building bots (Check out the NanoBots mod, if you want), but nothing planned in vanilla that I know of. I'm currently playing a Rail World with expensive recipes and a 2x tech multiplier (and a few quality-of-life mods). It's crazy how much iron you need to do ANYTHING.
Yeah, I was a bit taken aback when I realized producing 1 military science per second requires almost 2 full belts of iron... Mostly due to gears, the 4 plates per gear really mess things up :-) (and since most techs take into the hundreds of science packs, 1/s is not overkill either...)

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Has anyone been able to get the Lua color command to work? I keep getting unknown color

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

vedrit wrote:Has anyone been able to get the Lua color command to work? I keep getting unknown color
Color command has been removed between 0.15.3 and 0.15.4 :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45292
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45603

Are you sure you're using the very last version ? you're posting in the 0.15.0 topic, so can't be sure :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Codex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Codex »

I'm supporting a mod (DistancePlus) and all the graphics are 32x32 png files, yet the game shuts down when the mod is loaded. The error message is: "The given sprite rectangle (... 128x128) is outside the actual sprite size (... 32x32)."
What I understood from the changenotes I only need to set an icon_size when my icons are NOT 32x32 (but they all are). Would adding the icon_size property fix that problem. If so, where do I put that property and what is the syntax? Can I find an example somewhere?

Cheers,
Codex

v_frln_00
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by v_frln_00 »

Noobie question: if I do upgrade, do my current games get upgraded or I just lose everything?

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

v_frln_00 wrote:Noobie question: if I do upgrade, do my current games get upgraded or I just lose everything?
you loose nothing but you have to rebuild certain entities like furnaces and steamer - no (very) big deal.

Return to “Releases”