Information about releases and roadmap.
Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.0

Post by Nexarius »

HanziQ wrote:
Changes
  • Disabled loading of saves before 0.12.0 version (You can use 0.12 to load older saves and re-save them).
So loading saves after 0.12.0 should still work without problems?

log file
The savegame didn't have any mods.
Schule Spiel.zip
(33.07 MiB) Downloaded 147 times

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

Codex wrote:I'm supporting a mod (DistancePlus) and all the graphics are 32x32 png files, yet the game shuts down when the mod is loaded. The error message is: "The given sprite rectangle (... 128x128) is outside the actual sprite size (... 32x32)."
What I understood from the changenotes I only need to set an icon_size when my icons are NOT 32x32 (but they all are). Would adding the icon_size property fix that problem. If so, where do I put that property and what is the syntax? Can I find an example somewhere?

Cheers,
Codex
Submit a bug report.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

"Changed bounding box of burner mining drills and pumpjack, so it is possible to walk in between them."

That's a joke, a bad one. I expected more. Why can I walk between burner drills but not between electric drills? Why not between steam engines?

Squeak Through remains essential, and I had hoped it would turn into a nice-to-have-but-still-fun-without.

Not to mention pipes. OMG the pipes.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Designing your factory properly in the first place leaves you without needing to squeeze through anything. Put an underground pipe between each Water Pump and the first Boiler, space out your oil processing with tidy, consistent designs and the use of underground pipes. You shouldn't need to squeeze through Electric Mining Drills as you should have gaps in the columns (especially for the belts) and they don't require maintenance.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:Designing your factory properly in the first place leaves you without needing to squeeze through anything. Put an underground pipe between each Water Pump and the first Boiler, space out your oil processing with tidy, consistent designs and the use of underground pipes. You shouldn't need to squeeze through Electric Mining Drills as you should have gaps in the columns (especially for the belts) and they don't require maintenance.
If you have gaps between miners you're not squeezing the planet for all it's worth :)

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

If you can't see the gaps in those miners then you need glasses, and/or to reread my post.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:If you can't see the gaps in those miners then you need glasses, and/or to reread my post.
Sorry, I didn't mean the first screenshot (which is a pretty naive design), but the general idea (maximize miners/tile) and the designs that it ended up with, e.g. viewtopic.php?f=202&t=2569&start=20#p158662

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Then you pay the price for squeezing that 5% additional optimisation out? Again it's not like you need to maintain this stuff.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:Then you pay the price for squeezing that 5% additional optimisation out? Again it's not like you need to maintain this stuff.
Yeah, I was mostly joking :). But I have never needed the squeeze through mod, so I think I agree with you in the end...

Elektrix bladez
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cant load experimental verson

Post by Elektrix bladez »

Whenever I try to load in the experimental version 0.15.18 I get a message saying "Automatic Steam update notice" Then it says its made by a beta branch and it wont let me click ok. Anyone know why? I also have a message in the back I cant read becasue of the one that I just read off but its titled configuration, if anyone knows what that is

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cant load experimental verson

Post by Koub »

Elektrix bladez wrote:Whenever I try to load in the experimental version 0.15.18 I get a message saying "Automatic Steam update notice" Then it says its made by a beta branch and it wont let me click ok. Anyone know why? I also have a message in the back I cant read becasue of the one that I just read off but its titled configuration, if anyone knows what that is
Choose "latest beta" instead of explicit 0.15.18. (and it will be solved for next release).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

Crude oil question: how is it expected to work with distance?
Is it expected to start with more initial yield and slowly deplete to 20% or is it expected to stay somewhere higher, dependant on the distance?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51713

StahnAileron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StahnAileron »

someone1337 wrote:Crude oil question: how is it expected to work with distance?
Is it expected to start with more initial yield and slowly deplete to 20% or is it expected to stay somewhere higher, dependant on the distance?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51713
My understanding is that oil wells will deplete to 20% of their initial spawn value. So if you find a 100% well, it will deplete to 20%. If you find a 200% well, it will stop depleting at 40%. As oil wells are supposed to spawn richer with distance, then yes: the further the oil well is from the starting area, the better/higher its production over the long term when fully depleted.

Return to “Releases”