Version 0.14.15

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.14.15

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Improved the browse-mods GUI by downloading mods while browsing the mods list.
  • Improved the delete-mod functionality in the installed-mods GUI.
  • Achievements unlocked locally without using steam get unlocked on steam once the game is started in steam mode.
  • Storage tanks connected to the circuit network will output floored fluid values instead of rounding them.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that biters would sometimes attack non-polluting entities (34339).
  • Added commandline option --bind to select an ip address to host a game at (33731)
  • Fixed that different capitalisation of the same username could be used to: 1. join the game twice 2. evade the ban list 3. evade admin list.
  • Fixed fluid info would get rendered twice when alt-info was on while hovering the mouse over assembling machines. (34388)
  • Fixed that it wasn't possible to connect with too many mods. (33662)
  • Fixed crash when pasting huge strings into mod GUIs. (20856)
  • Changed the clear blueprint icon to the trashcan icon and moved ot on the left of the cancel button, so it is less confusing.
  • Fix of possible leak of information box windows when closing game. (33942)
  • Fix PRINTSCREEN and SCROLLLOCK not working as keybinds. (33222)
  • Fix map download limit not working for speeds under 101KB/s. (35047)
Scripting
  • Added LuaSurface.set_chunk_generated_status().
  • Added defines.chunk_generated_status.

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Grooohm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.15

Post by Grooohm »

Is it just for me, or are the "Has Mods" and "Has Password" filter options not working?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Added LuaSurface.set_chunk_generated_status().
Added defines.chunk_generated_status.
:shock:

(Open http://lua-api.factorio.com/ to see whats that)
(Not updated yet)
(Sad)

A bit surprised that it is still experimental build.

Velym
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Velym »

A friend and myself get "Could not obtain External IP Address" error when hosting a multiplayer game.
We are on completely different machines and networks, one private ISP and one university network.

This update appears to have some network issues.

EDIT:

Some stuff I pulled from the log...

1694.667 Warning ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:552: Determining own address has failed. Best guess: 0.0.0.0:34197
Last edited by Velym on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

You forgot to mention a change: many fields are no longer reported for each game in `/get-games`. It might be understandable for short-term bandwidth improvements, but it makes no sense in the long run.

- It would require me (or anyone else that hosts a server browser) to query each game id individually in order to find out on which continent the server is, whether it is password protected, whether it requires user verification, etc. Removing the data makes the list much less useful so you bring lots of extra load upon the API servers by requiring us to query each game id individually.

- If you want to improve your in-game server browser by sorting by ping time (many games do this and sort by ping as default, for obvious reasons) you'll have to include the data again. If you want to improve the list by showing icons with each server, you'll have to include the data again. So until you reverse the change, little improvement of the in-game browser will be possible.

So either you don't intend to improve the in-game browser any time soon, or perhaps you mean to break third party server browsers for some reason you have not communicated to us, but I don't see a logical reason for the change.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Or maybe it's just a private API that happens to be open to the public.

studmuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by studmuffin »

Code: Select all

1.595 Info ServerRouter.cpp:604: Asking pingpong servers (pingpong1.factorio.com:34197, pingpong2.factorio.com:34197) for own address
   3.073 Warning ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:552: Determining own address has failed. Best guess: 0.0.0.0:34299
   3.474 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:585: Matching server connection resumed
Literally worked on 14.14 about 30 minutes for a server restart. Upgrade to 14.15, broken. Tried setting --bind, which only let me bind to a an ip the machine held. Ip still showing 0.0.0.0 for facotrio pingpong

Ubuntu 16.04 64bit. Anyone else get 0.14.15 working on linux?

--EDIT--

Downgraded to 14.14 and it worked instantly (after removing --bind from startup script.

1.724 Info ServerRouter.cpp:602: Asking pingpong servers (pingpong1.factorio.com:34197, pingpong2.factorio.com:34197) for own address
   2.030 Info ServerRouter.cpp:495: Own address is 45.x.x.x:34299
   2.480 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:581: Matching server connection resumed
Last edited by studmuffin on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chocolatetthunder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chocolatetthunder »

Can't host or connect to any server.
http://puu.sh/rUkeA/615d21f080.jpg
3Ra Gaming Owner
join us on discord @ http://www.3RaGaming.com/discord

MatHack
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MatHack »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Achievements unlocked locally without using steam get unlocked on steam once the game is started in steam mode.
Does this basically mean that you can get achievements on steam now even if you are playing a modded game?
Dev by day, gamer by night

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

MatHack wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
Does this basically mean that you can get achievements on steam now even if you are playing a modded game?
Pretty sure it just means that if you get an achievement without having a connection to steam you will still get the achievement (on steam) next time you connect to it.

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Speadge »

Is there ANY chance that the tanks output the temperature as well? Struggeling with this since weeks...

geekthing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by geekthing »

studmuffin wrote:
Yes I made a copy of my server instance and updated to 0.14.15 and my friend was able to join.
Make sure your server is set as DMZ in your router if you are self-hosting.

3.073 Warning ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:552: Determining own address has failed. Best guess: 0.0.0.0:34299
Factorio first looks for the runtime --bind command to get it's IP address. If none is provided it defaults to 0.0.0.0 which just means it will accept connections on any ip address connected to the machine. This is fine for me since I'm just running an old computer in my basement. If you are on a shared host it's not that simple.

My best guess is that you need to manually specify your server's IP using the --bind option when you run the server.
That's what I would try first.

MrGoodbits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrGoodbits »

Also on Ubuntu 16.04.1 and cannot get 0.14.15 to work headless. I tried through browser and direct to known IP address and port. It is NOT a firewall/DMZ issue. The server cannot determine it's IP and sees 0.0.0.0. Even when I specify --bind.

Also, I concur that the browse for password/mods check boxes don't seem to change search results.

MrGoodbits.... I need to play.

Ecu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ecu »

I am also having issues attempting to host due to the update. I actually had thought it was something else, and went through attempting to re-forward ports, and even call my ISP to question whether they had blocked something. I get the same error regarding being unable to establish external IP. One of the members on the Factorio Discord pointed me to the update (which I had not realized had installed).

If there are any specific logs you'd like, just let me know.

Resom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Resom »

Velym wrote:A friend and myself get "Could not obtain External IP Address" error when hosting a multiplayer game.
We are on completely different machines and networks, one private ISP and one university network.

This update appears to have some network issues.

EDIT:

Some stuff I pulled from the log...

1694.667 Warning ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:552: Determining own address has failed. Best guess: 0.0.0.0:34197
I was getting the same thing after the update, we had to revert to fix it. We are Steam players I don't know if that has any meaning though.

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Speadge wrote:Is there ANY chance that the tanks output the temperature as well? Struggeling with this since weeks...
I made a mod for ya ;)

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Speadge »

theRustyKnife wrote:
Speadge wrote:Is there ANY chance that the tanks output the temperature as well? Struggeling with this since weeks...
I made a mod for ya ;)
I love you !!!!!!!

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Speadge wrote:
theRustyKnife wrote:
I made a mod for ya ;)
I love you !!!!!!!
Come on, let's not overexaggerate it :D
But yea, thanks

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

geekthing wrote:
studmuffin wrote:
Yes I made a copy of my server instance and updated to 0.14.15 and my friend was able to join.
Make sure your server is set as DMZ in your router if you are self-hosting.
did they connect via the browser or your IP? forwarding via DMZ is just a bad idea security wise. the matchmaking was working for users with proper port forwarding before the update. sounds like something got broken. there is a problem determining the external IP address. fixed in next version.
if you need to use DMZ for your router and port forwarding doesn't work, it's time to ditch that SOHO router and install something like pfSense® on an old machine with a couple of NIC cards.

can you folks test if you can connect to me via the server browser? '-new Co-Op group with mics (mumble) US east'
Last edited by impetus maximus on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

impetus maximus wrote:can you folks test if you can connect to me via the server browser? '-new Co-Op group with mics (mumble) US east'
Can't connect to you - ping is showing as Can't reach.

Trying to connect brings up this error:
Send to (0.0.0.0:34197) failed: The requested address is not valid in its context.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Return to “Releases”