Version 0.14.13

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.14.13

Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • The /config command now operates through /config get and /config set.
    • Added additional options to the /config comand: allow-commands, max-upload-speed, autosave-interval, afk-auto-kick, verify-user-identity, only-admins-can-pause, ignore-player-limit-for-returning-players.
    • Added tab-complete parameters logic to the commands: config, color, and help.
    • Updated Team production challenge with 2 new challenge modes and a new map set.
    • Reconnecting to multiplayer game that the player already is in (being dropped probably) instantly closes the previous connection and connects the player.
  • Optimizations
    • Improved performance when using a lot of vehicles with equipment grids in multiplayer. (33688)
    • Improved performance in the Trains GUI when trains have large schedules. (33421)
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed desync loop related to solar panels in more than one electric network.
    • Fixed desyncs related to movement of damaged vehicle.
    • Fixed module requests getting removed if concrete was built under them. (33655)
    • Possibly fixed hang in stopping sounds when exiting Factorio on Windows. (33639)
    • Fixed the small errors of movement in latency hiding.
    • Fixed Gui related script error in team production challenge scenario.
    • Fixed crash when attempting to set belt directions to diagonal directions. (33641)
    • Fixed duplicate grenade damage 5 research. (33606)
    • Fixed car/tank rotation speed was half what it should be. (31815)
    • Fixed map downloader getting stuck and flooding the network after a big timeout.
    • Fixed rotating of placed flamethrower turret. (33700)
    • Fixed that /command would warn about disabling achievements even in situations where achievements weren't possible. (33597)
    • Fixed that custom gui input was processed even when the game was being saved in singleplayer. (33682)
    • Fixed that boiler wouldn't work after being replaced by bots. (33723)
    • Fixed possible desync when boiler would get destroyed and created a ghost.
    • Fixed crash when destroying fire during the entity_died event. (33763)
    • Fixed that error messages of wrong zip files in the mod folder weren't giving error message that would be informative enough. (33790)
  • Scripting
    • Added read property LuaEntity::has_direction.
    • Added LuaTile::hidden_tile.
    • Added the ability to use LuaSurface::get_tile(0, 0) or LuaSurface::get_tile({0, 0}) when getting tiles.
    • Added LuaGameScript::connected_players read and LuaForce::connected_players read.
  • Modding
    • Added check that the selection box contains the [0, 0] point.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Kazinski
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.13

Post by Kazinski »

first :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Updated Team production challenge with 2 new challenge modes and a new map set.
Oh! So the challenge is considered as a base game feature, not a separated scenario separately maintained by Klonan. :lol:

Added LuaGameScript::connected_players read and LuaForce::connected_players read.
Now I feel stupid by checking LuaPlayer::connected while iterating game.players

Code: Select all

for _, player in pairs(game.players) do
    if player.valid and player.connected then
        foo(player)
    end
end
By the way, is checking player.valid really necessary in this case? If not, the if-statement can be removed entirely:

for _, player in pairs(game.connected_players) do
    foo(player)
end

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Mooncat wrote: By the way, is checking player.valid really necessary in this case? If not, the if-statement can be removed entirely:

foo(player)
end
It is not needed, players in connected_players, and players as well are always valid at the point of getting it.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

42.893 Info Updater.cpp:243:  => 200
  43.089 Error Util.cpp:57: Error when opening /home/luc/Downloads/factorio-0.14.8/data/server-settings.example.json for reading: No such file or directory
  43.795 Goodbye
I modified and renamed the server-settings.example.json file to server-settings.json (I mean, that's common right?). Now the updater doesn't work...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

luc wrote:

43.089 Error Util.cpp:57: Error when opening /home/luc/Downloads/factorio-0.14.8/data/server-settings.example.json for reading: No such file or directory
  43.795 Goodbye
I modified and renamed the server-settings.example.json file to server-settings.json (I mean, that's common right?). Now the updater doesn't work...
you are not supposed to change anything in the data directory, the server-settings.json needs to be on the write path (or some other path specified by the --server-settings paramter)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We should probably distribute factorio with the data folder being zipped, so it is more clear.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

luc wrote:

43.795 Goodbye
well it seems the developers are updating the server-settings.example.json file which is a good thing!

the right way to do it is open server-settings.example.json with a text editor and save it as server-setting.json, or server-settings.json.txt and renaming it server-settings.json.
leave the server-settings.example.json intact.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

kovarex wrote:
Mooncat wrote: By the way, is checking player.valid really necessary in this case? If not, the if-statement can be removed entirely:

foo(player)
end
It is not needed, players in connected_players, and players as well are always valid at the point of getting it.
Thanks for the info. Now I can remove those useless checking in my mod. :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Mooncat wrote:
kovarex wrote:

foo(player)
end
If I'm right, the valid method is there for case when you save a LuaPlayer into a variable and use it later. And the only case when it becomes invalid is after the call to /remove-offline-players.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

kovarex wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
kovarex wrote:

foo(player)
end
If I'm right, the valid method is there for case when you save a LuaPlayer into a variable and use it later. And the only case when it becomes invalid is after the call to /remove-offline-players.

Yea, something like

on_player_created(player)
  table.insert(my_fancy_list, player)
end

sometime_later.event
  for players in my_fancy_list do 
    if player.valid then
      do something_fancy(player)
    end
  end
end

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Scripting:
* Added read property LuaEntity::has_direction.
* Added LuaTile::hidden_tile.
* Added the ability to use LuaSurface::get_tile(0, 0) or LuaSurface::get_tile({0, 0}) when getting tiles.
* Added LuaGameScript::connected_players read and LuaForce::connected_players read.
<3 these changes, another awesome update!!! :D

Is LuaSurface::get_tile({ x=0, y=0 }) also supported?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

doxsroxs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doxsroxs »

Awesome, I can confirm the improvements where quite substantial for the trains GUI. Now I can open stations without crashing in MP :)
Send train to station ID using combinator signal is a long overdue feature!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74663

archie11
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by archie11 »

locked up had to pull the plug to get it out of the game appears to be locking up when it trys to auto save
i had just changed a production line over to an upgraded circuit board and when it tryed to save, poof it was instant boat anchor.it was the save threw a flag up saying save is to big
Factorio will exit now, also on restart come back with save is corrupt its to big .
if you need anything else in the way of logs let me know.

thanks for your time archie11
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
hope this helps
(9.99 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
factorio-current.log
hope this is what you need
(19.04 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Last edited by archie11 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Avacado
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Avacado »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Updated Team production challenge with 2 new challenge modes and a new map set.
Sweet! I just tested it out, but didn't see an easy (GUI) way to activate anything new. I assume the team production I'm seeing in 14.13 is the right one? team-production-0.4.1?
  • How do you activate the new challenge modes?
  • Could someone also put together a handy list of console commands like:
  • How to skip a particular round or something when I'm the host?
  • How to export/import scores?
  • Any other commands that a host would find useful specific to the challenge map?
[/list]

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Klonan wrote:
kovarex wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
kovarex wrote:

foo(player)
end

Yea, something like

on_player_created(player)
  table.insert(my_fancy_list, player)
end

sometime_later.event
  for players in my_fancy_list do 
    if player.valid then
      do something_fancy(player)
    end
  end
end
It makes sense now. Thanks a lot! :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kovarex wrote:We should probably distribute factorio with the data folder being zipped, so it is more clear.
I'm definitely all for this.
It might make things a little on the awkward side for modding, but a minor inconvenience.
the biggest concern though is how would it effect the differential patching for updates.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

archie11 wrote:locked up had to pull the plug to get it out of the game
Nothing wrong into those log beside that one log has 2 factorio launch in it. Please don't post problem here, there is a Technical help subforum and a Bug report subforum. Be sure to explain what happen, what you were doing before and providing as much info you can. See if your problem is reproductible.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

BeowolfSchaefer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BeowolfSchaefer »

Anyone else experiencing significant lag when picking items up off the ground (with the F key) on this build?

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

no such lag when Im hosting.

if I join a game, there has been such lag on every 0.14 version if I joined a server with high ping to me.

I guess when I press f to pick something up, the game makes me first tell the server that hey Im picking this up and the server then checks if Im allowed to pick it up or if another player already picked it up... and then it tells me okay you picked it up and then it shows on my screen. if the ping to server was hundreds of milliseconds then I can certainly see this delay. Most obvious when picking up from belt while running.

Return to “Releases”