Version 0.14.11

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.14.11

Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • Server started with --start-server-load-scenario will now save to saves/<scenario name> upon exit.
    • Multiplayer usernames can only consist of letters, numbers and -_. characters.
  • Bugfixes
    • Possible fix for a server not responding error.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Chocolatetthunder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.11

Post by Chocolatetthunder »

Possible fix for a server not responding error.

Link?
3Ra Gaming Owner
join us on discord @ http://www.3RaGaming.com/discord

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Multiplayer usernames can only consist of letters, numbers and -_. characters

this, this is good

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changes
    • Server started with --start-server-load-scenario will now save to saves/<scenario name> upon exit.
I was having an issue with this even when I wasn't using a scenario. While just trying to load a normal save with --start-server it would give an error saying that "--start-server" can't be used. Will this fix that as well even if I'm using a normal save and not scenario?
Image Image Image

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Xterminator wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changes
I was having an issue with this even when I wasn't using a scenario. While just trying to load a normal save with --start-server it would give an error saying that "--start-server" can't be used. Will this fix that as well even if I'm using a normal save and not scenario?
it fixes that yes.

new problem. i wasn't able to download the map on my localhost server with 0.14.11 Win64

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Chocolatetthunder wrote:Possible fix for a server not responding error.
Link?
In some situations everyone connected to a server would see "Server not responding". It looks like a network issue but is in fact factorio freezing. We experienced this during the massive multiplayer test stream.

rfvgyhn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rfvgyhn »

The server-settings.example.json still has `verify_user_identity` in it. Is it safe to still use that name or must it be renamed to `require_user_verification`?

CurlyDE
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CurlyDE »

rfvgyhn wrote:The server-settings.example.json still has `verify_user_identity` in it. Is it safe to still use that name or must it be renamed to `require_user_verification`?
My server did not recognize the verify_user_identity false statement. The new parameter works though.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

rfvgyhn wrote:The server-settings.example.json still has `verify_user_identity` in it. Is it safe to still use that name or must it be renamed to `require_user_verification`?
Yes, I fixed it, but too late, so it will be in the next version.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Updated - but I needed to enter username and password. None of the earlier updates required that. I think I had to enter it once and that was it (ages ago - but I am not sure) - and for .14.11 I was asked again.

Return to “Releases”