Version 0.14.8

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.14.8

Post by FactorioBot »

• Optimizations
    • The crc check cycles between sets of 10 players, reducing the time of it in crowded games.
  • Minor features
    • Disconnecting wires now updates the "last user" tag.
    • Technology progress is preserved when the research is changed before it is completed.
    • Added ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players option to the server-settings and equivalent when hosting from the game.
    • Added in game command /config password <password>. It allows server admins to change the server password.
    • Added in game command /config max-players <number>. It allows server admins to change the maximum number of players.
    • With more than 10 players in multiplayer game, the server only saves the map for joining players once in a while, so the game isn't interrupted by saving every couple of seconds in bigger games. It goes from 1s with 10 players up to 45s with 450 players (which is the maximum).
    • Added only_admins_can_pause_the_game into the server-settings.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed that you could enter enemy vehicles. (32724)
    • Fixed that zooming the view during pause (via Shift-Space) would teleport the player. (32758)
    • Fixed vehicle machine guns not showing bonuses. (32747)
    • Fixed performance issue on maps with lot of surfaces (for example maps with Factorissimo mod.)
    • Fixed gates not opening for characters soon enough. (32818)
    • Fixed some campaign levels didn't allow interacting with any entities at some places. (32839)
    • Fixed crash when opening the character GUI in the map editor. (32081)
    • Fixed redundant technology requirement. (32886)
    • Fixed server browser playtime column formatting (32942)
    • Fixed crash related to rail-signal connection. (32740)
    • Fixed crash when reconnection attempt is refused. (32937)
    • Fixed that when server quit/dropped, the dialog could be hidden behind menu. (32859)
    • Optimized inserting items to chests with large inventories; this will boost performance for some games with Warehousing mod. (32384)
    • Fixed duplicate mods crashing the game on startup (31790) Instead, a notice box is displayed and the highest (possibly unzipped) version is preferred.
    • Moved the downloading/saving/loading progress bar of other people in a scroll pane so it doesn't cover the whole left part of the screen with a lot of people.
    • Fixed the quickbar selection wouldn't properly update when interacting with other entities in some cases. (32952)
    • Fixed that --benchmark would process its argument differently than all other command-line parameters (32993)
    • Fixed crash when loading game with character in flying vehicle from mod that is over water. (33014)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

MrGoodbits
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.8

Post by MrGoodbits »

Excellent.... these updates should really help Arumba's game.

I am building a BIG server to have on standby right now. Really love the dynamic player count / password controls.

FYI: The password / max player counts are reset if the server is restarted. They are not saved in server-settings.json.
Last edited by MrGoodbits on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]With more than 10 players in multiplayer game, the server only saves the map for joining players once in a while, so the game isn't interrupted by saving every couple of seconds in bigger games. It goes from 1s with 10 players up to 45s with 450 players (which is the maximum).
I assume that maximum is for the maximum time between saving for the new players and not a hardcap of players in a server?

danielgweb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by danielgweb »

How do I add this on my server-settings.json?
Added ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players option to the server-settings and equivalent when hosting from the game.

Added only_admins_can_pause_the_game into the server-settings

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Great update for multiplayer! Definitely should help with huge games like Arumba and Steejo's big events. Those few options added to the server-settings file are great for any size server too. Definitely will be utilizing them myself! :D

Also,
danielgweb wrote:How do I add this on my server-settings.json?
Added ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players option to the server-settings and equivalent when hosting from the game.

I *think that if you download this latest version, the updated server-settings.json file should have these options in them and then you just set it to true or false in the file (it should be one or the other by default).

Quick question for the devs or anyone that know:
The setting to ignore player limit for returning players, does that apply forever? So if someone leaves/disconnects, will it ignore the player limit for them returning even if it is like hours or day later? So essentially making it so anyone who has already been on the server can get on regardless of player limit anytime?
Image Image Image

pjincz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pjincz »

Coooool!

One of my reports is fixed.
So fast.....

Gracias. :D
factorio-realms.com, create your own factorio server in minutes.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Code: Select all

"ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players": true,

"only_admins_can_pause_the_game": true
danielgweb wrote:How do I add this on my server-settings.json?

kaldskryke
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kaldskryke »

I'm very pleased about the ability to resume research! Maybe someday we'll be able to queue research too

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Just keeps getting better and I love the factorissimo/warehousing support. It really shows you play the game and care about the mods.

mknejp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mknejp »

Is it just me or did the selection box on cargo wagons get bigger or move up? It suddenly feels really finicky to select an inserter behind a cargo wagon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Can you share more info on optimizations for entities with a lot of slots?

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

FactorioBot wrote:Technology progress is preverved [sic] when the research is changed before it is completed.
Nice! That's always irked me a little bit. :D

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Minor features
Technology progress is preverved when the research is changed before it is completed.
Nothing minor about that.. this is huge :D

RobertTerwilliger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by RobertTerwilliger »

FactorioBot wrote:Technology progress is preverved when the research is changed before it is completed.
I've read it "perverted"))) Had trouble to understand in what way it could be possibly perverted, untill re-read it carefully) Something is wrong in my head, I guess ;D
Holding formation further and further,
Millions of lamb stay in embrace of Judas.
They just need some bread and faith in themselves,
BUT
THE TSAR IS GIVEN TO THEM IN EXCHANGE!
Original: 5diez - "Ищу, теряя" (rus, 2013)

jonarano
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jonarano »

I still see "Build by" instead of "Last user", in translations strings, also, "last user" is not available.
Last edited by jonarano on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Technology progress is preverved when the research is changed before it is completed.
1. Preverved?? what?
2. If Preserved, this renders my Techsave mod obsolete! The mod I wrote was basically to fix an issue with people trolling and changing it in multiplayer games to prevent progress, Which is bad! So this functionality being part of the base game is a good thing.
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Fixed duplicate mods crashing the game on startup (31790) Instead, a notice box is displayed and the highest (possibly unzipped) version is preferred.
I do this all the time when working on my mods. "Alright, time to package the mod!" *zip it, upload it, Launch game again* Error, 2 instances of the same mod. "Ah, nuts..." *Delete the zip file*

Summery: I like it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Technology progress is preverved when the research is changed before it is completed.
1. Preverved?? what?
2. If Preserved, this renders my Techsave mod obsolete! The mod I wrote was basically to fix an issue with people trolling and changing it in multiplayer games to prevent progress, Which is bad! So this functionality being part of the base game is a good thing.

Summery: I like it.
it could be worse, if it was Prevented (from saving) :twisted:

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Lots of great changes. Thanks, devs!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

bobingabout wrote: 2. If Preserved, this renders my Techsave mod obsolete! The mod I wrote was basically to fix an issue with people trolling and changing it in multiplayer games to prevent progress, Which is bad! So this functionality being part of the base game is a good thing.

You can consider it this way... your mod was so good we decided to add it to the game :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Klonan wrote:
bobingabout wrote: 2. If Preserved, this renders my Techsave mod obsolete! The mod I wrote was basically to fix an issue with people trolling and changing it in multiplayer games to prevent progress, Which is bad! So this functionality being part of the base game is a good thing.

You can consider it this way... your mod was so good we decided to add it to the game :D
That is a good way of looking at it. :lol:

It was also my first scripting attempt.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Releases”