Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.13.20

Post by FactorioBot »

• Bugfixes
    • Fixed the demo wasn't working.
    • Fixed equipment grid GUI didn't size properly in some cases. (31764)
  • Modding
    • Fixed "factorio_version" not being checked correctly in some cases. (31607)
  • Scripting
    • Fixed "unknown" error in some cases when using radio button GUI elements.
    • Fixed crash when a mod custom event event would error. (31779)
    • Added LuaGuiElement::type read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.20

Post by kinnom »

and factoriobot is back
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

Yes, and no headless available.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Grey wrote:Yes, and no headless available.
binbinhfr wrote:I do not find it on https://www.factorio.com/download/stable

Its still in experimental until marked as stable

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Sorry, my bad, it's stable now.

bioxz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bioxz »

Will you release an update package to get from 0.13 >= 0.13.19 to 0.14?

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Yes we will

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

HanziQ wrote:it's stable now.
really a messed up situation :
0.13.x just became stable, and because at the exact same time a new experimental 0.14.x appeared, mod authors now have to either support two versions or limit usage to either stable or experimental versions.
(what i write here doesn't affect people who play vanilla factorio without mods)

result :
half the mods that i am using aren't updated to versions 0.14.x yet, thus half (ok, maybe not half, but important parts) of my factory would disappear or at least no longer work when disabling those mods, and I'm not sure whether i really want to use another experimental version right from version *.0 onwards (most of all since i currently don't do multiplayer anyway).
and many of the mods which do support the EXPERIMENTAL 0.14.x, instead no longer support any STABLE versions at all, not even bugfixes, thus i have to disable them on finding a bug and the other half (ok, maybe not half, but important parts) of my factory would disappear or at least no longer work :-(

what should mod authors and users do now ?
pause playing big maps or big factories with many mods until most/all mods are (and the big mods, famous mods, and mods from famous and/or good mod authors probably very soon will be) updated to the experimental version and then start using an experimental version of factorio until 0.14.x is declared stable? and will the same problem happen again when an experimental 0.15 is released as soon as 0.14 is declared stable?

i have no idea what could be done to improve on that situation now, but shouldn't mod authors be "strongly encouraged" (and also be given good tools for version control, specifying versions like ">=0.13.19, <=0.14.stable", etc) to always easily also support stable versions besides adding new features, bugfixes, etc to experimental versions only? as it looks to me, the concept of stable and experimental versions is mostly dropped for people who want to play with mods and those users have to play the newest experimental version only, leaving the stable (and optional experimental) versions for people who play vanilla only?

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

FactorioBot wrote: Scripting
  • Added LuaGuiElement::type read.
Thank you!!
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Anson wrote:
HanziQ wrote:it's stable now.
really a messed up situation :
0.13.x just became stable, and because at the exact same time a new experimental 0.14.x appeared, mod authors now have to either support two versions or limit usage to either stable or experimental versions.
(what i write here doesn't affect people who play vanilla factorio without mods)

result :
half the mods that i am using aren't updated to versions 0.14.x yet, thus half (ok, maybe not half, but important parts) of my factory would disappear or at least no longer work when disabling those mods, and I'm not sure whether i really want to use another experimental version right from version *.0 onwards (most of all since i currently don't do multiplayer anyway).
and many of the mods which do support the EXPERIMENTAL 0.14.x, instead no longer support any STABLE versions at all, not even bugfixes, thus i have to disable them on finding a bug and the other half (ok, maybe not half, but important parts) of my factory would disappear or at least no longer work :-(

what should mod authors and users do now ?
pause playing big maps or big factories with many mods until most/all mods are (and the big mods, famous mods, and mods from famous and/or good mod authors probably very soon will be) updated to the experimental version and then start using an experimental version of factorio until 0.14.x is declared stable? and will the same problem happen again when an experimental 0.15 is released as soon as 0.14 is declared stable?

i have no idea what could be done to improve on that situation now, but shouldn't mod authors be "strongly encouraged" (and also be given good tools for version control, specifying versions like ">=0.13.19, <=0.14.stable", etc) to always easily also support stable versions besides adding new features, bugfixes, etc to experimental versions only? as it looks to me, the concept of stable and experimental versions is mostly dropped for people who want to play with mods and those users have to play the newest experimental version only, leaving the stable (and optional experimental) versions for people who play vanilla only?

It is an scenario created by someone very junior writing a spec without thinking things through. The problem is worse, because of the .13 mod update mechanism. Seems that maintaining two different versions with patches was never planned.

If you stick to .13, mod update will happily update you to .14 mods because - while the mod is locked in the json, the update mechanism does not care and just grabs the most recent version. If you update to .14, mods will stop working, regardless whether they CAN work, because the json version information is not a range but a specific version. Basically: we now have a mod portal with automatic updates, but damn if you ever press the update button at the moment.

On top, the newer .13 versions (.19, .20) make a mess out of the game update mechanism.

I hope they do sort this out in due time - but it requires a rewrite of the whole mod update code. As minimum, the mod portal should know what factorio version a mod is for, and the mod update mechanism should use this information to only give you mods that are compatible with your game version.

And yes, my game is locked at the moment. Bob updated to .14. Nucular is not yet (as are some other mods). If I would play, my factory would implode.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

@Anson @TheTom

This is not the place to discuss mod updating issues and mod portal interactions.
If you'd like to discuss it please make a topic on the modding discussion or mod portal discussion subforums.

stahlinator13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stahlinator13 »

The 0.13.20 branch in Steam doesn't show up for me in the Betas option. I just restartet steam to ensure that that's not the problem.
I downloaded it from factorio.com but just I wanted to inform you. Screenshot below.
Attachments
factorio steam.png
factorio steam.png (12.4 KiB) Viewed 13420 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

stahlinator13 wrote:The 0.13.20 branch in Steam doesn't show up for me in the Betas option. I just restartet steam to ensure that that's not the problem.
I downloaded it from factorio.com but just I wanted to inform you. Screenshot below.
Because 13.20 is the latest stable and therefore not a beta version.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

TheTom wrote: If you stick to .13, mod update will happily update you to .14 mods because - while the mod is locked in the json, the update mechanism does not care and just grabs the most recent version. If you update to .14, mods will stop working, regardless whether they CAN work, because the json version information is not a range but a specific version. Basically: we now have a mod portal with automatic updates, but damn if you ever press the update button at the moment.
This is simply not true, it was a bug in 13.18 and it was solved for 13.19.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

HanziQ wrote:This is simply not true, it was a bug in 13.18 and it was solved for 13.19.
Yes, it was corrected, but I wonder if "casual" players know how to revert to 0.13 version of the mods...
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

bioxz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bioxz »

HanziQ wrote:Yes we will
Great! Keep up the good work.

Pasmans23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pasmans23 »

In earlier versions, no new nests spawned/were created within a certain range of placed-down player objects (like walls, inserters, electric poles, etc.), but I have noticed that now they just spawn everywhere, and at a much faster rate (though this might be due to my pollution). Has this game mechanic been tweaked, or is it possibly bugged? I'm on Steam version 0.13.20, with no mods (just "base").

Return to “Releases”