Version 0.13.19

Information about releases and roadmap.
HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Version 0.13.19

Post by HanziQ »

• Bugfixes
    • Fixed that the Golem, Watch your step and doing it right didn't activate from steam cloud on new factorio installation.
    • Fixed selection boxes of trains in specific situations. (31065)
    • Fixed that unclosable character window was opened when it was ordered to open exactly at the same tick when the character died. (viewtopic.php?30946)
    • Fixed possible desync caused by inserters disabled by circuit network. (31085)
  • Scripting
    • Added LauSurface::regenerate_entity(...)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.19

Post by Thomasnotused »

This may be a stupid question, but looking at timestamps make me wonder.

Does 14.1 have these fixes included in it also?
I have no idea what I'm doing.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Only some of them.

Nurstin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nurstin »

[*]Added LauSurface::regenerate_entity(...)
What's wrong with Lua?

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

You need to fix the mod logic.

I am on 13.18. I just downloaded a mod that is marked as 14.0 or upward. Which breaks the mod.

The mod should not update to an incompatible version.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Nurstin wrote:
[*]Added LauSurface::regenerate_entity(...)
What's wrong with Lua?
I hope that type isn't in the definitions too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Just a point of interest... Since 0.13.19 was released after 0.14.0, apparantly, if you update to 0.13.19 (With experimental releases turned off) then you become unable to update to 0.14.0, or 0.14.1.
Last edited by bobingabout on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

Which update latest?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

katalex wrote:Which update latest?
0.13.19 and 0.14.1 were released at the same time... I think.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

katalex wrote:Which update latest?
0.13.19 is the latest stable one. (though it came after 0.14.1)

0.14.1 is the latest experimental one.

... I find it interesting that it's the first time (At least as far as I remember) that the stable release got updated once more even after the new experimental was out... and that the latest experimental doesn't contain all of the fixes the stable one got as kovarex mentioned. Must have been an emergency update, even I don't see anything in the list above that looks that important.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

Being the stable version removes the choice of version on steam.
Only way to play 0.13 on steam is the latest (0.13.19 atm)

I thought the 0.13.18 would be the last. Now the server needs updating again, and the owner is offline.

We can't even download the 0.13.18 zip file anymore to play the standalone version.

Sandness is in waiting.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

autohost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by autohost »

On a peaceful map, I'm still able to destroy biter spawner with flamethrower without that causing biters to attack me. I'm not sure yet if its only certain kinds of spawners I can attack with flames without biters attacking me, or if its just intermittent.

autohost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by autohost »

Also, on peaceful map, v0.13.19, I can flame worms and nothing attacks me.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

autohost wrote:On a peaceful map, I'm still able to destroy biter spawner with flamethrower without that causing biters to attack me. I'm not sure yet if its only certain kinds of spawners I can attack with flames without biters attacking me, or if its just intermittent.
You should report that, it is supposed to be fixed: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30689

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

TheTom wrote:You need to fix the mod logic.

I am on 13.18. I just downloaded a mod that is marked as 14.0 or upward. Which breaks the mod.

The mod should not update to an incompatible version.
Although not listed in the patch notes, this is fixed in 0.13.19 I read elsewhere.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

roy7 wrote:
TheTom wrote:I am on 13.18. I just downloaded a mod that is marked as 14.0 or upward.
Although not listed in the patch notes, this is fixed in 0.13.19 I read elsewhere.
yes, and to recover from the situation of having 0.14 mods in a 0.13 version, you need to go to "install mods", select one by one all the red mods (i think that was a nice new feature of 0.13.19 too, that mods are now color coded in the mod list, red for bad, green for good, white for "uninteresting, didn't try to install yet") and click the install button. that will install the old 0.13 version of the mods in addition to the 0.14 version, and on loading mods when starting factorio, it should automatically load the proper version.
if some of those mods don't have a 0.13 version (or don't have it any longer), you might have to disable/rename/delete the "bad" 0.14 mods.

but i have a problem with updating factorio itself now myself :
i have several installs of factorio to be able to easily switch between versions and/or different maps which use different mods. one such test install was still 0.13.19 and i wanted to update to 0.13.20 (thus it would be a bug in the updater of 0.13.19), but when selecting "about" and "install new version", factorio crashed with the following error message:

Code: Select all

Error
create_directories(p): invalid argument: operation not permitted
the relevant part of the log is not much better :

Code: Select all

14392.145 Info Updater.cpp:749: Downloading https://updater.factorio.com/get-available-versions?username=Anson_AKB&token=<private>&apiVersion=2
14393.078 1 packages available to download (experimental updates disabled).
14398.447 Error Util.cpp:57: create_directories(p): invalid argument: operation not permitted
15767.359 Goodbye
why? (which directory caused the problem? what was the value of p?)
what can i do (besides just deleting the test install and installing 0.13.20 directly)?
and can/will it happen again when you release a new 0.13.21+ sometime, or when i upgrade to a 0.14 version ?

ps: I'm using Win10, the factorio exe is in D:\myGames\Factorio\test_0.13.17\bin\x64 (already upgraded successfullly from 17 to 19, that's why i knew about how to fix the 0.14 mods :-) and i use steam for the unmodded latest stable version (to get achievements)

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

If you can reliably reproduce the issue, make a bug report in this section : viewforum.php?f=7 be sure to include as many information as you can with step to reproduce. It's the only reliable way to see a problem vanish ;)

Concerning your problem, I don't see why it occur, maybe a lack of authorization ?
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Neemys wrote:If you can reliably reproduce the issue, make a bug report in this section : ...
Concerning your problem, I don't see why it occur, maybe a lack of authorization ?
it happened once for each of two different installs, both times when updating from 0.13.19 to 0.13.20, but on restarting factorio, i had no more problems and could run 0.13.20 without problems.
maybe some temp directory was missing or similar, and it was created automatically. no idea. maybe when i have too much time someday, I'll download the exe and zip versions of 0.13.19 (if available) and try updating again, taking detailed notes of the directorytree etc, but when most people use 0.13.20 or even 0.14 now anyway, there would be not much use in spending much time for those tests, and even less while i don't know what line 57 in Util.cpp does and what the value of "p" is ...

Return to “Releases”