Version 0.14.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Version 0.14.1

Post by HanziQ »

• Bugfixes
    • Fixed that exiting hosting game could stuck Factorio forever.
    • Possible fix game not showing in browse game list. (If it happens anyway, we will have more info)
    • Fixed that a very big number of biters on a map could cause very significant UPS drop. (31278)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.1

Post by Mooncat »

The bot is not quick enough to write release note again? :lol:

Edit: not yet included in "The latest experimental build" on steam?

Edit 2: updating! Thanks ;)

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Is the Latency on the F5 screen equivalent to what it used to be set to in 0.13 multiplayer? Like I tried a quick join with 7 random people in a public game, was smooth as silk, F5 told me Latency: 18. I wasn't sure what that means. Approximately 18ms ping time between me and that other player?

ralle030583
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ralle030583 »

for us three MP isnt working stable
clients getting error when autosaves hit on server and desync
also desync after some time without autosave

log form last try:
log

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

roy7 wrote:Is the Latency on the F5 screen equivalent to what it used to be set to in 0.13 multiplayer? Like I tried a quick join with 7 random people in a public game, was smooth as silk, F5 told me Latency: 18. I wasn't sure what that means. Approximately 18ms ping time between me and that other player?
The latency is in ticks. So if it runs 60UPS, it is multiplied by 16ms.

So 18 latency means 18 ticks which means 288ms latency time

marosg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by marosg »

Stupid me, I have no idea how to go back to latest 13.x release. I disabled experimental (too late), but I see nothing else there.
I am on standalone Linux installation.
Thank you

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

It seems really odd that you guys add an amazing and clever feature of the modular grid in vehicles, but then don't make it part of the base game. This seems like a perfect and 'simple' fix to the problem of vehicles just not matching up to the power armor in late game without adding 25 different tiered vehicles for different stages in the game. Any chance of this making it to the vanilla game because although mods are great, they tend to break during updates and are less reliable than vanilla content.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

I'm guessing they do plan to support it in basic vanilla vehicles, or at least higher-level vehicles that you can research. But version 14 is pretty much multiplayer exclusive.

wallE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wallE »

I don't care about MP but i'm sure your QM sucks badly. On the other hand - great game, maybe one release per week would be enough?

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

wallE wrote:I don't care about MP but i'm sure your QM sucks badly. On the other hand - great game, maybe one release per week would be enough?
Experimental Branch releases are often many and frequent, that's why it's called the experimental branch. If you want fewer slower updates, use the stable branch (which is now .13).

engin33rguy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by engin33rguy »

Did anyone else on steam lose the ability to opt-in to the experimental version? The only option for me on the Betas tab is "NONE- Opt out of all beta programs"

Edit: Restarting my computer made the options reappear. Odd. Resolved though!

wallE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wallE »

Experimental? 2 times a day? You're sure?
Anyway - even if you have no quality / testing department at all - well the this is alpha / fast / beta / what ever you call it - it's top ace.
Dear devs - please don't misuse the crowd - your game is awesome - guess how long it is if the word spreads?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:It seems really odd that you guys add an amazing and clever feature of the modular grid in vehicles, but then don't make it part of the base game. [snip]
it gives modders an opportunity to come up with some cool things which might end up getting added to vanilla.
they added it. give it some time. cool things might come of this. ;)

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

wallE wrote:Experimental? 2 times a day? You're sure?
Anyway - even if you have no quality / testing department at all - well the this is alpha / fast / beta / what ever you call it - it's top ace.
Dear devs - please don't misuse the crowd - your game is awesome - guess how long it is if the word spreads?
Would you rather they be quiet, unresponsive and only release weekly even when there are major game breaking bugs? Troll less please. The devs here are amazing and are heads and shoulders above most other game companies IMO.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

iamwyza wrote: The devs here are amazing and are heads and shoulders above most other game companies IMO.
hear hear!

JoeSchmoe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeSchmoe »

wallE wrote: Dear devs - please don't misuse the crowd - your game is awesome - guess how long it is if the word spreads?
Dear crowd, please don't misuse the devs. Experimental is the cutting edge, and particularly an experimental in the .0-.5 range, and i for one am happy they quickly patch any bugs that they think they have fixed.
Misusing the crowd would be charging $60, and patching the game once a quarter.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

0.14 experimental works great on a vintage MacBook 2008 - only one minor glitch:

Factorio tries but don't closes properly (and restarts) after the autoupdated finishes but hangs without showing any frame.
A forced quit and anew start let the game start with the updated version.

Leveller
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leveller »

bump for trangarbot.

: )

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Debump to keep TrangarBot quiet.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:It seems really odd that you guys add an amazing and clever feature of the modular grid in vehicles, but then don't make it part of the base game. This seems like a perfect and 'simple' fix to the problem of vehicles just not matching up to the power armor in late game without adding 25 different tiered vehicles for different stages in the game. Any chance of this making it to the vanilla game because although mods are great, they tend to break during updates and are less reliable than vanilla content.
So that's why I couldn't find them. I was eager for them as I'd love to have a few more construction robots flying around when dropping 2.5K+ blueprints.
But as I'm a vanilla die-hard I'll just wait and hope for the best :)

Return to “Releases”