Version 0.13.14

Information about releases and roadmap.
Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.14

Post by Pe334 »

I have also problems under Windows 8.1, Nvidia GTX680, that it seems to run with 20fps because I can't turn on vsync in the settings.
Is there a console-command to turn on vsync so I can check it because the modification of the configfile (vsync =true) will be overwritten to false when I start factorio.

It's horrible that the transportbells look like a 20fps game.

THX ;)

Grumpalo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grumpalo »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changes
    • Factorio will output to console window in UTF8 on Windows
What does this mean exactly? Sorry for newbie question.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Pe334 wrote:I have also problems under Windows 8.1, Nvidia GTX680, that it seems to run with 20fps because I can't turn on vsync in the settings.
Is there a console-command to turn on vsync so I can check it because the modification of the configfile (vsync =true) will be overwritten to false when I start factorio.

THX ;)
I'm trying to get it back for d3d but no devs response for now :(

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bp3959 wrote:
illmaren wrote:The CPU doesnt make so much problems for me....on my server and on my PC....

but the Ram Load is heavy.....an 80MB+ map needs more than 2GB Ram on my headless server....that quite much ;$
It's all grass. Running around on my map using the following command to delete grass dropped my map from 150MB to 46MB, and dropped RAM usage from 7GB to 1.6GB(ram change only show up after restarting factorio on the server), and lowered entities in the game from 26mil to 2.5mil.

/c for _,entity in pairs(game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered{area={{game.player.position.x-400, game.player.position.y-400}, {game.player.position.x+400, game.player.position.y+400}}, type="decorative"}) do entity.destroy() end

If 400 is too much at one time(game hangs too long deleting and disconnects you) try lowering it to 200 or 100 at a time.

Yes you heard that right, the majority of entities in the game, ram usage, save sizes, map downloads: IT'S ALL GRASS.
Thats why I made a mod - if added it will take some time to delete all the gress stuff and also delete them as new chunks are created and that doesn't cause much lag. Adding mod to server would cause it to lag after load but shouldn't have problems then.

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pe334 »

orzelek wrote:
Pe334 wrote:I have also problems under Windows 8.1, Nvidia GTX680, that it seems to run with 20fps because I can't turn on vsync in the settings.

THX ;)
I'm trying to get it back for d3d but no devs response for now :(
THX SO MUCH, now this game looks like a game portet from C64 .. :)

Bartimaeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bartimaeus »

bp3959 wrote: Yes you heard that right, the majority of entities in the game, ram usage, save sizes, map downloads: IT'S ALL GRASS.
If that is true then it would maybe make sense to have enable/disable grass option in the game or map gen settings...
I am happy to have 12GB RAM on my laptop.... but, when I was forced to play on mums old PC with 3-4GB my larger saves just wouldn't run :-/

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pe334 »

OK, the startoption --force-opengl helps a lot and the games runs smooooooth now :)
Normaly d3d is the better choice for Windows but I wait for the next updates.

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

orzelek wrote:
illmaren wrote:The CPU doesnt make so much problems for me....on my server and on my PC....

but the Ram Load is heavy.....an 80MB+ map needs more than 2GB Ram on my headless server....that quite much ;$
I made small mod that reduces save size by removing decorations. With save of this size it might help - it's named undecorator.
No idea if it will reduce overall memory usage - let me know if you take a look.
Basically in 0.13 game seems to be very frugal on placing decorations around the map.

that thing is awesome...from 80MB to 37MB....thanks man now i need to upload it to my server to see if it solved the ram problem ;D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

illmaren wrote:
orzelek wrote:

I made small mod that reduces save size by removing decorations. With save of this size it might help - it's named undecorator.
No idea if it will reduce overall memory usage - let me know if you take a look.
Basically in 0.13 game seems to be very frugal on placing decorations around the map.

that thing is awesome...from 80MB to 37MB....thanks man now i need to upload it to my server to see if it solved the ram problem ;D
That is interesting information, we might try to optimize the size of the decoratives in the save.

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

kovarex wrote: That is interesting information, we might try to optimize the size of the decoratives in the save.
Why kill them not alltogether till you find a solution?

would help great for people like me who want to play vanilla
i mean i saved in a 80MB map now more than the half as i deleted the decorations....thats not normal.

edit:/ completly forgotten....i dont see a difference between my 80MB map and the same Map as an >40MB Map....
the only difference is that my server can now run the map again.

bp3959
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bp3959 »

kovarex wrote:
illmaren wrote:
orzelek wrote:

That is interesting information, we might try to optimize the size of the decoratives in the save.
It's not just the save file, while deleting decorations took my map from 150mb to 47mb, it also dropped ram usage on my 8gb headless server from 92% to 20%.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bp3959 wrote:
kovarex wrote:
illmaren wrote:
orzelek wrote:

It's not just the save file, while deleting decorations took my map from 150mb to 47mb, it also dropped ram usage on my 8gb headless server from 92% to 20%.
Thats a bit... extreme to say it gently.
It is possible - those decorations can be about 80% of map entities. Map I tested on had about 10.5 mil decorations and 1.5mil for all other entities. This seems to have changed greatly in 0.13.

bp3959
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bp3959 »

orzelek wrote:
bp3959 wrote:
kovarex wrote:
illmaren wrote:
orzelek wrote: I made small mod that reduces save size by removing decorations. With save of this size it might help - it's named undecorator.

Thats a bit... extreme to say it gently.
It is possible - those decorations can be about 80% of map entities. Map I tested on had about 10.5 mil decorations and 1.5mil for all other entities. This seems to have changed greatly in 0.13.
26mil entities before deleting and 2.5mil after, it's such a difference we added an admin panel to the map files for running the delete commands.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Thanks devs for supporting loaders even without default unlocking. They're quite good addition in factories, especially for items routing.

Return to “Releases”