Version 0.13.12

Information about releases and roadmap.
tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.12

Post by tehroach »

Zeblote wrote:What's the problem in your image? You can clearly see that the trains are wider than the rails and two trains can NOT pass each other on two diagonal rails like that.
LOL
There is plenty of room, they will fit easy.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

I STILL have not found a fix for the screen tearing from this release (I have a Radeon R9 200 series, drivers are fully updated). Removing the Vsync totally ruined this game for me. I can revert back to .13.11 and play, but then I cannot play with friends on their server. So, I am presented with two choices, play by myself in .13.11 or go play other games. And since other games do not have screen tearing, or the need to adjust the config file every start up, I am playing other games.

BlackKnight
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BlackKnight »

RocketManChronicles wrote:I STILL have not found a fix for the screen tearing from this release (I have a Radeon R9 200 series, drivers are fully updated). Removing the Vsync totally ruined this game for me. I can revert back to .13.11 and play, but then I cannot play with friends on their server. So, I am presented with two choices, play by myself in .13.11 or go play other games. And since other games do not have screen tearing, or the need to adjust the config file every start up, I am playing other games.
I'm guessing you're using the most recent drivers with the Radeon Settings management application. I was able to finally fix my vsync issue by playing with the settings under gaming > Factorio. So as obvious as the advice might be, if you havent tried yet, give it a shot (or if you have already, maybe try again). Alternatively as mentioned earlier in this thread, if its worth the inconvenience, manually overwrite the vsync setting in the config file before each launch.

Long term - the change to remove/disable vsync within factorio was apparently due to it being redundant as I understand since the windows OS should enforce it. Though as a side effect, this then caused vsync issues (due apparently to a bug/misconfiguration with windows/video card drivers). It seems to me if I may be so bold to say, leaving some users unable to play because of this change isnt a solution (maybe it wasnt meant to be final), but for now, vsync should still have an option available in the settings (even if its labeled with a disclaimer about only being a fix for those that have this problem), instead of telling players they should resolve it themselves.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

BlackKnight wrote:
RocketManChronicles wrote:I STILL have not found a fix for the screen tearing from this release (I have a Radeon R9 200 series, drivers are fully updated). Removing the Vsync totally ruined this game for me. I can revert back to .13.11 and play, but then I cannot play with friends on their server. So, I am presented with two choices, play by myself in .13.11 or go play other games. And since other games do not have screen tearing, or the need to adjust the config file every start up, I am playing other games.
I'm guessing you're using the most recent drivers with the Radeon Settings management application. I was able to finally fix my vsync issue by playing with the settings under gaming > Factorio. So as obvious as the advice might be, if you havent tried yet, give it a shot (or if you have already, maybe try again). Alternatively as mentioned earlier in this thread, if its worth the inconvenience, manually overwrite the vsync setting in the config file before each launch.

Long term - the change to remove/disable vsync within factorio was apparently due to it being redundant as I understand since the windows OS should enforce it. Though as a side effect, this then caused vsync issues (due apparently to a bug/misconfiguration with windows/video card drivers). It seems to me if I may be so bold to say, leaving some users unable to play because of this change isnt a solution (maybe it wasnt meant to be final), but for now, vsync should still have an option available in the settings (even if its labeled with a disclaimer about only being a fix for those that have this problem), instead of telling players they should resolve it themselves.
I have attempted to mess with those settings, but it seems that when I make a change, it only affects that session, returning back to the tearing for any additional play sessions. I have even gone into Windows Preferences and cycled through many settings to try to resolve the tearing. Nothing has been a permanent fix. What have you changed under the Gaming>Factorio settings to fix this in the Radeon Settings?

Also, why not have it turned off by default, but still leave it as an option to turn on? Why remove it entirely?

Return to “Releases”