Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.13.11

Post by Klonan »

MrDrummer wrote:
ytsejam wrote:
MrDrummer wrote:Am i the only one who can not download or update any mods? :(
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29673
That is a 0.13.10 bug, i am using 0.13.11, and the bug was suggested to have been fixed for this update. As no-one else mentioned this in this post (or responded to that thread saying it was not actually fixed), i assume that i am doing something wrong.

However, i can not update any mods (no matter how many times i try), or install new mods via the in-game portal. I use the Zip version, and have even unzipped again in case i transferred an incorrect folder from the old version.

EDIT: I found another thread tagged with this version too: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29880&p=189959#p189959

We thought it was fixed, but it was not, the problem was more deep than it intially appeared, so its requiring a big rewrite

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I also still have the same problem even with 0.13.11 .
It still succeeds sometimes like 1 time out of 20 (I have to click a lot :-)).
I posted in this thread with a log
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29920
It seems to always be the same SSL problem.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

Klonan wrote:
MrDrummer wrote:
ytsejam wrote:
That is a 0.13.10 bug, i am using 0.13.11, and the bug was suggested to have been fixed for this update. As no-one else mentioned this in this post (or responded to that thread saying it was not actually fixed), i assume that i am doing something wrong.

However, i can not update any mods (no matter how many times i try), or install new mods via the in-game portal. I use the Zip version, and have even unzipped again in case i transferred an incorrect folder from the old version.

EDIT: I found another thread tagged with this version too: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29880&p=189959#p189959

We thought it was fixed, but it was not, the problem was more deep than it intially appeared, so its requiring a big rewrite
I assumed it wasn't fixed, even with that thread moved to "resolved", since I didn't see anything about it in the 13.11 changelog.

My issue is nowhere near that bad though. Sometimes I can download mods at first attempt, another times takes 2-5 times. As for updating mods, it fails the first time, but I can update just fine on my second attempt.

I'm having another issue with updates: sometimes the check for updates doesn't work. Meaning, there's an update, but "check for updates" doesn't "see" it.

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tehroach »

ytsejam wrote:
Klonan wrote:
MrDrummer wrote:
ytsejam wrote:

I assumed it wasn't fixed, even with that thread moved to "resolved", since I didn't see anything about it in the 13.11 changelog.

My issue is nowhere near that bad though. Sometimes I can download mods at first attempt, another times takes 2-5 times. As for updating mods, it fails the first time, but I can update just fine on my second attempt.

I'm having another issue with updates: sometimes the check for updates doesn't work. Meaning, there's an update, but "check for updates" doesn't "see" it.
I have the same problem with downloading the mods from within the game.

ATM I just go to the mods.factorio.com and download them from there.

d3b1t0r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by d3b1t0r »

how can i download/install the 0.13.11???

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

d3b1t0r wrote:how can i download/install the 0.13.11???
If you are on Steam then you need to opt in to experimental releases as described here.

If you are using the standalone/website version then go to Options --> Other and enable experimental updates or download a new installer from https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

d3b1t0r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by d3b1t0r »

daniel34 wrote:
d3b1t0r wrote:how can i download/install the 0.13.11???
If you are on Steam then you need to opt in to experimental releases as described here.

If you are using the standalone/website version then go to Options --> Other and enable experimental updates or download a new installer from https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.
ok it works, i had to close factorio before

Return to “Releases”