Version 0.13.5

Information about releases and roadmap.
Jj250
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.5

Post by Jj250 »

PUNISHER989 wrote:
dzbanek wrote:Come on, I still don't see any fixes regarding map generation.
If map generation is bothering you so much then generate a map in 0.12 and then load 0.13 and load up the generated map. boom, map generation problem solved and we can carry on with the mass of small problems affecting gameplay.

Thank you, come again. you know you will.
Except that's not how it works.

When you load .12 you have to explore all of the map you intend to develop on before switching to .13 otherwise the terrain generation process from .13 takes over. Maps aren't fully generated on game start, the more you reveal of the map the more the computer will generate. Here's a picture comparing .12 to .13 on a single map. The area without biters is .12 and you can clearly see the problem.

I understand this is a minor bug since it doesn't completely crash or break the game, however for players like me who loved the .12 process and huge biomes it's essentially keeping us from playing .13 at all. I'm not asking you to agree with me I'm just explaining my problem. I find that this issue ruins my experience on .13 and until it's fixed it's the most serious bug of .13 in my opinion.
Attachments
map-shock.jpg
map-shock.jpg (690.56 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

Niuno
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.5

Post by Niuno »

Jj250 wrote:
PUNISHER989 wrote:
dzbanek wrote:Come on, I still don't see any fixes regarding map generation.
If map generation is bothering you so much then generate a map in 0.12 and then load 0.13 and load up the generated map. boom, map generation problem solved and we can carry on with the mass of small problems affecting gameplay.

Thank you, come again. you know you will.
I find that this issue ruins my experience on .13 and until it's fixed it's the most serious bug of .13 in my opinion.
The problem is, this is an eyecatching bug. You will see it immediately when you start a new map. So a lot of people talk about it and see it as a big bug. Fortunately I found a reasonable map (at least around the starting area, haven't discovered the rest yet), I was actually also waiting for an update that would have solved this bug.
But the most urgent bugs, the game-crashers. They should be solved first (and I see in the logs a lot of them are solved now). These kind of bugs are mostly invisible as they happen only in certain situations.
The devs have a good sight on what to solve first and they do a great job. And I am sure the map problems will be solved soon enough as well.

Return to “Releases”